Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
KingMaxxor4
Chiodosin1
6 posters

"modified" - deck format

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

"modified" - deck format Empty "modified" - deck format

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:10 am

If played the game a while like me you've noticed that some cards seem a bit broken or too powerful. Normally this would be fixed with bannings or revisions but we have no overseer to do this. So I worked with afjak to come up with this list of nerfed cards I tried to make every card nerfed instead of outright banning them but I had to make one exception.

Anyway I'm calling this new format "modified" and calling the normal format "traditional"

Attacks
    Supercooled Rain
    effect is now “Remove 4 mugic counters from a creature of your choice”

Twister of the Elements
    effect is now reduced to taking 1 card out of your deck instead of 3

Primal smash
    Banned

Locations
    Illusionary Walls
    Banned (you’ll have to use erktabb’s foothold )

Numin Voidlands
    effect changed to “At the beginning of combat both player may have there engaged creatures lose all element types. If they do, they gain 10 energy for each element type lost.”

Skeletal Springs
    effect changed so fluid morphers can spend their counters (but they still can’t gain any)

Condensation Ceremony
    Changed so creatures without water can’t spend there mugic counters on abilities (but they CAN spend them on mugic now)

Mugic
    Rhyme of the Reckless
    costs 2 counters now

Melody of the Meek
    "the next time target creature with 30 or less scanned energy would take more than 10 damage from a single source it takes 10 damage instead" 

Battlegear
    Xerium Armour
    Once per combat when your creature would take more than 20 attack damage you can have it take 20 instead

Vial of Liquid Thought
    Instead of adding the attack to your hand instead you shuffle it into your deck

Mugician's tuning fork
    The equipped creature now can't gain mugic counters
    Overworlders
    Najarin - Fluidmorpher’s Foe
    He only gains mugic now if a creature gains a mugic counter through fluidmorph. The third effect is removed (the negate marrilian mugic one)

Tartarek - Psi Overloader
    unbrainwashed secound effect is now “discard an overworld mugic: target chieftain with 100 or more wisdom loses all abilities and the creature type chieftain.”

Illiar
    now 2 BP attacks deal 10 less to illiar instead of dealing 0

Bodal - Flamedrill Reasearcher
    earth effect can now only be used once per turn

Hune Paltanin
    Effect now heals 5 instead

Underworlders
    Zamool
    no mugic or abilities can be played while zamool is engaged now (like dranikus threshold)

Lord van Bloot - Servant of Aa’une
    normal effect is now The first time each combat a creature engaged with lord van bloot has less than 65 courage that creature loses all element types”(main difference is now you can gain back the elements)

Danians
    Ulmquad
    both effects can now only be used once per turn

Illeixa
    your creatures gain "Defender: noble" instead of just plain defender

Mipedians
    Nainna(OG)
    now is Unique

Xelfe
    effect can only be used once per turn (like everyone else in the cycle)

Malvadine KH
    average energy is now -10 (50), now has no mugic counters
    M'arrilians
    Dror’niq
    first effect now cost 2  Generic MC to play

Think a card should or shouldn't be on this list? Let me know! 
    Not sure why a certain card is here? I'd be happy to explain!

Last edited by Chiodosin1 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:58 am; edited 7 times in total
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

"modified" - deck format Empty Re: "modified" - deck format

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:52 pm

I really like this new format.

I don't agree with Intress' Wisdom nerf.

Illexia's new ability doesn't make sense...
    Maybe if creatures you controlled gained Defender: Noble.

I still think Zamool should read "When Zamool is engaged, unengaged creatures may not play Mugic or abilities."
    Its really lame to completely shut down everything.

Dro'niq without his first ability is useless. Unless you reduce the cost of his second ability.
    IMO 2 MC for his first ability prevents him from being so explosive without making him useless in combat. Or 1 MC for 5 damage.

Illusionary Lakes could be nerfed to: 'Creatures lose water.' Or maybe only have the mirage. I don't like the concept of banning a card.

Vial of liquid thought doesn't need a nerf.

BTW this is pinned for future discussion.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Intress: lol I wanted to nerf one of her stats and I ended up going with power but I guess I left the wisdom in there by mistake whoops

I kinda like that idea with illexia but you should talk to afjak that one was his idea

I could see zamool as solidude instead so long as it effects BOTH player and all

eh 4mc for a double levitaar on anyone is a better effect than you think idk see what everyone else thinks

illusionary walls not lake yah know the location that reduced attack damage on all marrilians and minions by freaking 10, yeah that one. There's not a good way to nerf it because it's already if full of add-ons and is still too powerful the only way to fix it would be to reduce the damage to 5 but then its just a erktabbs foothold so I think a ban is best

and I think you're incorrect on the vail getting your best attack back to your hand at instantly AND lets you ditch a crappy one to the bottom of your deck compared to other sac gear it seems too powerful shuffling in still allows you to use your best attack a second time but it prevents the instant advantage provided by the current vail
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Dror'niq being nerfed like that is rather unnecessary. I never found him too terrible

I don't think Supercooled Rain needs that nerf, but it wouldn't hurt either. I do think it weird that Deadwater Devastation's effect is now better, but whatever, high power is fine for it.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:12 pm

Is Illusionary Walls getting a lot play? Back in the day, even as a M'arrillian player I rarely even used it in decks. The fact that I completely forgot about it (and furthermore confused it with another location) shows how little I think of its importance.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:21 pm

let me put it this wasy lazerbem he has an effect that deals 10 damage to creature fighting him for only 1 and fluidmorph its not too hard to get a bunch of counters on him over a game and he's pretty much unstopable. He definitely needs some change marrilian might be right with having it cost 2 instead of 1 but point he is a bit out of place as is

well lucky you Marr lol I'm sure you won't miss its just gets rid of the 1/10 chance of way too unkillable Marrillians and minions again there's always erktabbs foothold for those looking to take some attack damage off there minions or whatever

well deadwater requires water to use the effect scr does not
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:42 pm

I'm not a huge fan of 'modifying' I'd rather just ban. In reality if Chaotic was a major game they couldn't just retroactively 'fix' cards.
    That being said I do remember doing something like this with friends. We gave all Common-Super Rare Creatures stats and Energy boosts (Commons receiving +10 to both and Super Rares only +5 to Disciplines) to see how the metagame changed. It was quite fun.

I remember back in the days Dro'niq was insane, but after awhile people began kind of naturally carrying counter-decks to him. He was made especially bad as he didn't 'target' things so you couldn't just run 'Untargetable' or stuff. You had to specifically come prepared for him. He wasn't Unique nor Loyal either. I think there was a pretty powerful deck that revolved around two Dro'Niqs and just Mugic stacking.

By the way its not Illusionary Walls, its Imaginary Walls. Spent a couple of minutes looking for Illusionary Walls and kept getting Illusionary Lake and thought 'Chiodosin's crazy this card isn't ban-worthy'.

I agree with M'arrillian about Illexia. Hell, I'd be fine with just saying 'Defender: Illexia', but I don't like Danians.

Kind of sucks about the Numin Voidlands...I liked the NO elements kind of thing forced upon players, but if a single card can destroy an entire type of deck it probably does need fixing.

Thank god for Rhyme of the Reckless. Such an amazing card, an automatic in most of my Overworld Decks...it wasn't even Unique so sometimes I doubled up.

Oh, poor Meek decks...

Kill Xerium Armor/Zamool/Lord Van Bloot.

Was Illiar that bad? I have literally never faced one. Although he could probably body most of my decks.

Can I take credit for getting Bodal banned?

Shame bout Xelfe.

The only other card that comes immediately to mind would be Dread Tread. Nivenna, Takinom, Uksum (Although with Melody of the Meek being nerfed it might fix it). Dread Tread is kind of obnoxious in certain cases. I've already stated my propensity to use Takinom, the Shadow Knight + Iflar's Improvisation to get Strike 30. Which can end Creature's lives.
    But I recently played against someone who used Nivenna + Lyssta and as a result had AIR 30 for her final combat.
    Not saying it has to be nerfed...just kind of want to spark some new conversation and Dread Tread is the most obnoxious thing I can think of right now.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:24 pm

oh I made some edits so I should proably announce them dorrinq now cost 2 for his first effect which slows him down considerably but he still does the same things

Illexia is now defender noble which I think makes perfect sense

zamool is now shard of solitude on legs

sorry about the walls confusion whoops yeah its imaginary lol

I think that's all the changes so far... you can always read thelist to double check

alrighty onto csapians stuff

you'll have to talk to afjak about illiar that one was his suggestion

xelfe's changed because  aerdak is just silly (if you've played it you know what I mean) besides he should join his breatheran

yeah I feel bad about meek too but it's just so abusedable

I'll need sometime to think over dread tread but you point is quite true

tbh I'm also thinking about nerfing aivenna she is by far one of the best if not the best underworld support (might be fitting consider aivenna is one of best OW fighters lol) but I'm not sure where to cut you could have her give element 5 but not need the damage first? you could just take a mugic away? idk I'm thinking about it
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:55 pm

Wow so that's the reason why I also thought it was illusionary lake Tongue 

CSpacian, are you saying you think Rhyme should remain at 1 mc?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:09 pm

I assume he's saying thank god its on this list considering there's not much reason to NOT run it in any deck looking for an OW mugic deal a bunch of damage that goes through untragetable? what's not to love
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:31 am

What Chiodosin said. Rhyme of the Reckless was one of the best cards, near broken levels. Especially as a Mipedian player having that first attack bounced back at you...it hurts man.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:20 pm

so I made some changes they'll be up above but I'm also sticking them down here too so.

1. meek is still pretty expoiltable in the state I made now its simply "the next time target creature with 30 or less scanned energy would take more than 10 damage from a single source it takes 10 damage instead" so its a weaker symphony of sheilding for only meek creatures a very fair thing to get for 1 generic I think.

2. were putting good ol malvadine on the list whether he's even a card or not is certianly debatable but if he was he'd be pretty OP so were making 2 changes first were gonna take out his mugic sorry next were dropping his scanned energy to 50 average. still has all those great effects and solid disciplines just not a total 1 man wrecking crew.

if there's any card you think I'm missing I'd be happy to hear it.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:58 pm

I don't see how meek was exploitable with the original modification. It prevented one-shotting of meek creatures with less than 30 energy.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:13 pm

well even if you need to have both 30 or less scanned and 30 or less curent energy that leaves out the fact that its fairly easy to gain energy though mugic and effects. lore for example is one of the best users of meek being able to heal 10 with ease and while gaining large chunks of energy with something like ikkatosh wouldn't work every heal 10 becomes another source of damage you have to put in. and while you can certianly argue its takes up a mugic slot 1 cost generic is as easy to slot in as it gets not to mention the fact that most meek users have plenty of mugic counters to spare and usually plenty of abiltys to use to keep the heals coming. also the semi-infinte combo that is melody of the meek and its partner mugic recuring resecue remains in tact (once again fluidmophers cause problems). what my plan initially did was cut down on 2 common meek helpers being ikkatosh and uksum and while uksum certainly took a hit from the inital restriction and would probably now pass up meek. ikkatosh decks which rely on stacking full of muges to as I said before use there plethora of counters to heal off the meger damage every attack does would be able to sub out ikkatosh for someone else with more counters or another effect that's helpful.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:40 pm

couple more for ya
    1. hune paltanin's healing effect is lowered to 5, read the card and you can guess why.

The next one is a bit less straight forward its the mugicains tuning fork seems like its just too easy to give to fluidmorphers or najarin(though less so now cause he's already fixed) and cast any mugic you want with not a ton of downside. So to keep it more fair I'm adding a clause to it say the equiped creature can't gain mugic counters, its simple enough and if you want mophers to cast any mugic you can give them heptadds crown (which has its own downside) so yeah.

oh and I took intress NF off the list I kinda let afjak talk me into that one but I think she can stay how she is for now

that's all for now folks
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:56 am

so I'm sticking primal smash on here as a stictly banned card for something that again super obvsious if you read the card, its simply objectively better than any other one attack period. every deck wants this attack except MAYBE the ones with stuff like fire 20 off magmons but frankly those decks sure think about it. it deals more damage than any other attack in its bp while asking nothing in return, it gives support creatures a fighting chance and unlike other attacks, such as marksmens preperation, it's all reward and no risk. The big thing is while every deck wants it no deck NEEDS it, not even dagger. Its a fallback, a freebie and an auto include and that's something that I feel nobody wants so I'm taking it out. 

hopefully not too many more cards need to end up on the chopping block this is one I was shocked I DIDN'T have on here though lol guess it slipped my mind
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Nevm

Last edited by King A-Game Darini on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:15 am

Just pointing out Supercooled Rain is super rare not ultra. Also none of the mugics you listed stop supercooled rain, what makes Rain unfair is the 4 mugics it takes off not the 40 damage. It crushes so many decks with just 1 attack. I believe only aegis airia, vilrik landferer and Droskin would actually stop the attack and no body uses the latter two.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:55 am

Nevm

Last edited by King A-Game Darini on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:23 pm

start off with this: have either of you had a chance to play with this format? I know I change it up a bit but even an older version? I'd love to here any experiences for the purposes of tweaking right now its just mostly thoughts of myself and those around me right now be nice to have some gameplay info to work with.

anywho back to the thingys. you don't like primal smash? seems like no brainer to me isn't it more fun to have to pick and choose your attacks then just have one that's always the best? ultra rare hardly matters outside of a casual type where you and some buds open up however much you can afford and such. these days people play whatever cards they feel like so this is kinda taylor made for that. just seems like if I put a card in every deck I play period might wanna shake it up. cool you already had the SCR disscussion and removing 4 from any creature with 40 damage that's easy enough to get and is by no means a bad effect its just a bit more interactable and such. and yeah twister and vial were kinda part of the problem. I'm gonna jump around a bit here I'm kinda just writing as I read here but I don't think there's much validation to the agruement of "it can be negated so its fine" Magic refrence: counterspell stops most spells, murder kills most creatures and shatter breaks most artifacts but we still need a banlist. anyway moving right along yeah xelfe is there for aerdak only but if you've fought the deck you know it tends to be pretty 1 sided this was the easist piece to take a bit off of without to much really happening to the rest of the game since not to many people are looking for a ton of guys with swift/range anyway. illusionary walls is slightly different from tunnels for 2 reasons 1 is tunnels has a build it goes away factor I'm a fan of and 2 tunnels is more of a reward for building your deck with guys of low energy while walls more punishes your opponent cause oops they put a non min/marr in there deck. marrlillians and minions sit on that akward line where you have plenty to make decks out of but there's decent odds your opponent has at least 1 guy who isn't one. umm I think I covered everything... sorry rushing this a bit let me know if I missed something...
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Nevm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm