Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Aegis Aria vs. Melody of Mirage

gerbot150
    gerbot150
    Common

Chaotic Username : greglymaster
    Chaotic Coins : 44

Aegis Aria vs. Melody of Mirage Empty Aegis Aria vs. Melody of Mirage

Post by gerbot150 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Can anyone explain exactly how Aegis Aria works and how it's ever preferable to Melody of Mirage? Does it negate your opponent's attack and the attack that you play afterwards and if so why does it exist? Aegis Aria vs. Melody of Mirage 184 Aegis Aria vs. Melody of Mirage 198
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Aegis Aria vs. Melody of Mirage Empty Re: Aegis Aria vs. Melody of Mirage

Post by CSpacian Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm

Melody of Mirages only reduces damage to 0. So in the event of something like Plasmarrow (which would deal 30 damage) would deal 0 damage. However, Plasmarrow can prevent healing so the opponent can no longer be healed still as Melody of Mirages only stops damage not effects
    So Aegis Airia can stop something like Plasmarrow, Squeeze Play, Flash Kick still have their effects negated.
    A big card that makes Aegis Airia a notable card is Marksman's Preparation. Marksman's Preparation (which I'm sure Chiodosin1 will go more into) effect actually deals damage after the attack, so Melody of Mirages can't stop it, but Aegis Airia can negate the effect and the damage as a result.

There's probably quite a few other noticeable areas that they differ (such as Aegis Airia can stop Degenervate and you can play around your next attack dealing 0 damage.)
    Also and just because this situation recently came up I actually used Incinerase and my opponent blocked that attack with Melody of Mirage, so I dealt 0 damage, but my Creature would still lose Elemental Type Fire because the effect wasn't negated. So I actually used my own Aegis Airia to stop my Incinerase and reduce his next attack damage to 0 (while Aegia Airia negated Incinerase's negative effects). So there's a couple of weird usages to Aegis Airia.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:21 pm

That use of Aegis Airia was really cool. I would have never thought of negating my own attack haha. I guess its like using Cadence Clash on your own Mugic which is about to be dispelled.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:25 am

someone said my name... oh god not the marksman's prep thing...

marksmans prep is like any other attack the only diffrence is the discard add damage effect goes on when the attack resovles. so if you negate the attack they can't discard a card at all and are stuck with a pointless card in there hand, IF you play melody of mirage the attack does 0 damage there was a long going rumor that the 30 damage of MP didn't get effected but it DOES I repeat the 30 damage is effected by anything that effects any other attack damage its completely normal. The main diffrence is they CAN choose not to discard the card when the attack resovles. so if you used fighters fanfare or something they might not want to add the secound attack (for something like melody of mirage they'll probably just get the crap card out of there hand and deal 0)

anyway long story short yes the damage is completely normal it works exactly how it would on any other attack but NO you Can't negate the attack to make your opponent have 1 less attack card for the rest of the game negating it stops them from discarding entirely (which is still really good)

but yeah what everyone else said for main question sometimes attack effects are a problem you don't wanna deal with so its worth making your next attack 0 and negating your own attacks to stop something like rhyme of the reckless can sometimes be helpful (more the first part thought)
    gerbot150
    gerbot150
    Common

Post by gerbot150 Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:11 am

Cool, thanks guys
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:56 am

@Chiodosin1

The main reason people had this misconception was because that's how it worked in the dromes. Glitchy as usual.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Post by Oraklon Afjak Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Marrillian wrote:@Chiodosin1

The main reason people had this misconception was because that's how it worked in the dromes. Glitchy as usual.

I said I was sorry! I became a better judge once I had the rules to fall back onto instead of dumb programming.

On topic, they've pretty much covered most of what I would have said. While Mirage is never a bad card to have in your hand, there are plenty of times when you'll be staring down the barrel of a Whirling Wail or Supercooled Rain and wish you had Aegis for the full negation. Neither card is truly better than the other because they have similar yet different applications. (Although keep in mind that Aegis Airia is a common, and Chaotic's R&D seemed to aim at equating rarity to power level...)
    gerbot150
    gerbot150
    Common

Post by gerbot150 Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Oracle Afjak wrote:Chaotic's R&D seemed to aim at equating rarity to power level...
    Tell that to brimflame Fire Element Fire Element
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Post by Oraklon Afjak Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:29 pm

gerbot150 wrote:
    Oracle Afjak wrote:Chaotic's R&D seemed to aim at equating rarity to power level...

I said "seemed to", not that it was an unconditional constant. Yes, unsurprisingly, there have been bomb commons and uncommons like Zhade DSD and Ulmar PR and Dror'niq and Numin Voidland and others. It happens. Yet there was a trend after about Silent Sands/Beyond the Doors that they started putting insane amounts of power in the supers and ultras to the point where they warp the game around their existence. Brimflame is a very good common. Illiar is format-warping.

Also this is not on-topic with the original post, so move this to another thread if you wish to continue the discussion.
    gerbot150
    gerbot150
    Common

Post by gerbot150 Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Oracle Afjak wrote:
    gerbot150 wrote:

I said "seemed to", not that it was an unconditional constant. Yes, unsurprisingly, there have been bomb commons and uncommons like Zhade DSD and Ulmar PR and Dror'niq and Numin Voidland and others. It happens. Yet there was a trend after about Silent Sands/Beyond the Doors that they started putting insane amounts of power in the supers and ultras to the point where they warp the game around their existence. Brimflame is a very good common. Illiar is format-warping.

Also this is not on-topic with the original post, so move this to another thread if you wish to continue the discussion.

Yeah, you're right

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content