Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Mugic card dump

CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Mugic card dump Empty Mugic card dump

Post by CSpacian Wed May 11, 2016 9:05 am

Been ho-humming uploading this as a few ideas still need straightening out, but hey that's what forum reviews are for.

First off, Generic Mugic!

Tone Death Tuning
    Generic Mugic
    [M]
    The effect of this Mugic becomes the same as target negated Mugic's.
    Spoiler:

Interrupting Interlude
    Generic Mugic
    [M][M]
    Target Mugic that would heal X Damage, deals X Damage instead.
    -OR-
    Target Mugic that would deal X Damage, heals X Damage instead.
    Spoiler:

Chameleon's Chords
    Generic Mugic
    [M]
    If the caster of this Mugic is a Danian, target Creature is considered to belong to the Danian Tribe and gains 25 to all Disciplines.
    If the caster of this Mugic is a Mipedian, target Creature is considered to belong to the Mipedian Tribe and gains 'Strike 10'.
    If the caster of this Mugic is an Underworlder, target Creature is considered to belong to the Underworlder Tribe and gains 'Fire 5'.
    If the caster of this Mugic is an Overworlder, target Creature is considered to belong to the Overworlder Tribe and gains 10 Energy.
    Spoiler:

And now onto a few of the more questionable ones. I wanted a bunch of 0 cost Mugic because as a Mipedian player I find Mugic tends to be kind of hard to come by, so I wanted to fix that and all tribes deserve something.

Chaotic Clattering
    Underworld Mugic
    [0]
    Target Attack deals 0 damage. It gains the following effects based on how much damage it would've dealt:
    5+: Reduce the attacked Creature's POWER by 20.
    15+: Flip the attacked Creature's Battlegear facedown.
    30+: Remove [M] From the attacked Creature.
    40+: Deal 20 damage to the attacked Creature.
    Spoiler:

Siphoning Sonnet
    Overworld Mugic
    [0]
    Deal 20 damage to target Creature you control: Heal 10 damage to another target Creature.(You may target the same Creature).
    Spoiler:

Tune of Terraform
    Mipedian Mugic
    [0]
    Move target Creature into target unoccupied Mirage Location: Shuffle target Mirage Location into its owner's Location deck.
    Unique
    Spoiler:

Oh, and no Danian Mugic cause I just can't wrap my head around them.
    hughjk
    hughjk
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Windonka
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Mugic card dump Empty Re: Mugic card dump

Post by hughjk Wed May 11, 2016 10:36 am

I love these ideas! Too bad about the Danian Mugic Frown
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Wed May 11, 2016 11:37 am

Just realized that Tone Death should've been Tone Deaf...oh, well, I love puns, so I'm fine with it as it is. And yes, I love alliteration. It just makes for really, really shorthand creativity.

I tried designed Danian Mugic, but they either came out super generic (such as Uninfect target Creature or Activate Hive) or way too underpowered. The only two I created that I was thinking about uploading were:

A Sacrifice's Swan Song
    Danian Mugic
    [0]
    Target Creature gains 10 Energy and 30 Courage. At the end of the turn, Sacrifice the same target Creature.
    Spoiler:
    -OR-

Meddling March
    Danian Mugic
    [M]
    Target Creature gains 'EARTH 5'.
    If the target Creature became engaged due to Defender 'Meddling March' costs [0].
    Spoiler:
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu May 12, 2016 12:41 am

very interesting stuff. someone has to be the critic though so it may as well be me. Bring on the mean. before I say anything I just like to say balancing both generic mugic and free mugic is quite difficult so bold choices.

TDT: generic negate is a dangerous plaything personally I'm not a big fan of cadence clash but despite that I'm actually against the mugic that hates negate. if that makes sense... whatever this mugic is too hateful also the wording makes it impossible to ever have a legal target but that's not the point. and if you really don't want your mugic negated just run candence clash its less hateful and while it does give your opponent back the mugic you still get whatever critical mugic off.

II:
    I'm to sure you realize just how powerful this is... its better negate for healing AND dealing damage all for 2 generic? sign me up this is the kinda mugic the option is what makes this not super spesific. healing and dealing mugic is common enough that there isn't too much risk in running this card and when every tribe can do it? I feel sorry for whoever plays overworlders and underworlders. this mugic probably shouldn't be generic and maybe shouldn't exist at all I'll think it over. also that name is taken interlude of interuption is an OW mugic that negates an activated ability for 1 its actually a pretty decent.

CC (the first one):
    isn't this just jig of reinforcement? with a splash of giving tribes? both those effects are pretty meh... and as you'd expect combining them has similar results I just can't think of any deck where this is worth a mugic slot or where it would be way better that just jig.

CC (the other one): this one... oh boy... first off the downsides aren't THAT big a deal removing a mugic is just like paying the cost and UW fighters rarely have mugic. power isn't used by everyone and when it is 20 doesn't always matter sometimes it does but... anyway fliping gear is kinda relevent but tbh alot of these downsides are trival. the 20 damage part is the part that make is the most relevent since that means you have to use it on 35 damage or less attacks but... and I realize how this will sound... its so.. NOT underworld. underworlders Don't stop damage they tank it and then do more damge back. if you wanna punnish big attacks use mipedian mugic or symphony of shielding. or if you wanna be really mean use rhyme of the reckless or xerium armour. don't worry we got plenty of hate to go around.

SS: this one is... fine its fine. costs nothing but the effect isn't too great and has some sort of limit. the effect is underwelming but free mugic tends to be that way for good reason. OW tend to have enough counters to not need too many 0 mugic so maybe this could be another tribe like Marrillian (sapping the health of allies by force) but Idk, its fine.

ToT: I'm not gonna lie I actually really like this one it does mipedian stuff and its spesific enough to be worth having at free. nothing to see here move along

SSS: seems danain enough I suppose, the mugic's fair but I might have this mugic cost more (like 1) so it can have more oomph to it. if I'm gonna lose a creature even a compost one I wanna get something out of it, 10 energy and 30 courage is eh. I can get dainains in the bin pretty easy in battle so I don't NEED a way to suicide them especially if its only for a measly 10 energy and 30c.

MM: eh. what deck running illexia has low counters and if this is for NON illexia decks... well more power to smildon and wamma but... for retail this is meh for alternate this is meh. I'm just gonna play anthem of stone to combat element hate sorry.

also you say you had trouble with the danains but what about the 5th tribe? just gonna leave the marrillians out huh I see how it is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm