Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

creatures? (for real this time)

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

creatures? (for real this time) Empty creatures? (for real this time)

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu May 12, 2016 2:36 am

my mind has been a bit Chaotic lately and my card ideas are all over so expect no rhyme or reason to what comes out but don't worry I'm still keeping  track of everything. on that note random creatures

here's an UW elementalist. another of the underworlders born from the elements themselves his attacks are more powerful when he harnessess more than 1 element at a time. he's the first creature with FAW so that's cool. he hunts water OW in the riverlands like rellim and unda and he's loosely loyal to chaor but he cares more about hunting and increasing his elemental powers than larger tribal warfare. like all the creatures using offical art this comes from the orignal team so you can blame (or thank) them for the pun.

art by:  Khary Randolph and Etienne St. Laurent
    creatures? (for real this time) Steem_by_chiodosin1-da2ae2f

next up is everyones favorite snowy citizen of the overworld. after the marrillian invasion Blügon has gone back to living in glacier plains. He enjoys the solidarity this allows him and likes to stay out of combat however should emenies move in on his allies like raimusa or other overworlder he will not hesitate to protect them with vicious force. his training with mipeidans let him allow them to use strike repeatedly in the marrillian invasion and from them he learned air attacks to make his icy attacks like winterclaw even more deadly. function wise he's a defender who can't attack (that's extra funny if you play magic) he's a beefy wall who gets in the way and protects his own.

Art by Etienne St. Laurent
    creatures? (for real this time) Blugon_by_chiodosin1-da29dpz

also from the overworld is the mysterious time traveling muge rhaden while he has extensive knowledge of both the past present and future from his travels he focuses on this time and the crises within it. viewing may different times and timelines has caused him to have a jaded outlook on both life and time in general. He gets by with assisting the overworlders for now but isn't emotionally involved with the creatures of his tribe. in combat he fights aggressivly for an overworlder using establishing an advantage through hard hitting mugic and attacks. as a card he plays a support role casting mugic then sacing himself to "go back in time" by putting previously used locations back on top.

Art by Adrian Barrios and Emilio J. Lopez
    creatures? (for real this time) Rhaden_by_chiodosin1-da29b7e

From birth Cirileth has had a knack and a passion for learning. she was a student of enre-hep and learned quickly how to harness many mugicains at once to cast mugic. One day she learned of the mysetrious clan known as the conjours who had not yet comeback into mipedian society. her reasearch helped her find the clan were she became a student of ranrun and once again learned at a remarkable rate. she now channels both her teachings to conjour warbeasts and assist them all while still casting mugic. she tends to overexert herself and mistakes her intellect for experience. one day she may become one of the most powerful muges but only if she begins to focus the skills she has learned instead of learning new ones. fuctionally she reduces warbeast recklessness and has 3 mugic those are the big selling points whoever she also gives energy when she loses a counter if you want so if extra recklessness is no big then bring on the ravita flowers.

Art by Khary Randolph and Bob Rivard
    creatures? (for real this time) Cirileth_by_chiodosin1-da29d0r

and so we go to the warbeast of the set ejdera. He's a dragon. he's big, flys has command over fire and air and is very powerful and fast. he aborbs mugic from any conjour that will let him in order to amplfiy his attack power. he doesn't have much personality so not much else to say there execpt freaking dragon!!! functionlly he has air 5 as well as the abilty to have each of his attacks do 10 more if a conjour gives up a mugic making crappy 0's half decent or already heavy attacks finish off your opponent. he works well this his conjour cirileth since she has acess to more mugic counters than any other conjourer.
    art by sandara (=^_^=)                      
    yes the smily is part of the name lol
    creatures? (for real this time) Ejderah_by_chiodosin1-da215vz

questions, comments, critics blah blah blah all is welcome
    hughjk
    hughjk
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Windonka
    Chaotic Coins : 66

creatures? (for real this time) Empty Re: creatures? (for real this time)

Post by hughjk Tue May 31, 2016 11:56 am

Excellent! Where did the art for Ejderah come from? I love that name by the way.

All of these cards are great with some interesting effects. Rhaden being the exception. I guess it's good to have creatures with abilities like that for very niche reasons. But sacrificing a creature for an effect as variable as that one seems almost entirely pointless. Maybe you could explain the reasoning to me? A reason why this would be useful?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue May 31, 2016 12:19 pm

well chaotic there are quite a few powerful and crippling locations and being able to have them 2 turns in a row can be pretty nice, for example if my opponent is playing elements I may want to bring back my numin voidlands, or bring back my condestation ceremony to stop mugic or bring back my imaginary walls because that location is busted as heck. the fact that you know what location it will be is the main value its basiclly you can have any location that comes up 2 turns in a row if you so choose. and muges with sac effect are actually pretty nice because it gives them something to do after they are out of mugic counters so you play whatever mugic you want off rahyden and instead of waiting around till all your fighters are dead you can sac him for this effect.

also it seems I messed up the raritys a bit blugon should have been rare and rhadyn should have been uncommon, whoops. anyway a good comparison to him is afjak you give 1 mc when saced I think this effect can be comparable but instead of giving and extra use of some mugic effect you get an extra use of a location

the dragon is from here http://sandara.deviantart.com/art/White-Dragon-391820143 I was so happy how well it fit into chaotic couldn't ask for a better pic
    hughjk
    hughjk
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Windonka
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by hughjk Tue May 31, 2016 1:15 pm

That does make a lot of sense! Thanks for explaining it to me Big Grin
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:48 pm

Nice, nice cards.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks  Big Grin I'll even it out soon so there's 2 of each tribe just gotta finish up the last danain
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:18 am

Why is Rhaden so weak? Like that's a DOP type of cost right there.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:05 pm

man everyones not big on rahydn I\though he worked pretty well any idea of how to improve him?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:51 pm

"
    Generic MC : Look at the top or bottom card of target Location Deck.
    Generic MC : Target a Location Deck, put the bottom card on the top of that deck or put the top card on the bottom of that deck.
    "
    I'm not sure if the first ability makes him OP. But his ability should def be able to "see the past/future" and shouldn't make him sac himself to do so lol
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:22 am

comprimise we make the first abitly expend air because tbh looking at a card and not doing anything to it is pretty trivial so that's fine. I can't however make the 2nd effect only 1mc or probably even 2mc its too easy to move mugic to reuse the same location over and over which trust me some of them are pretty abusiveness especially in certain matchups, I do like the looking into the past/future idea but I have to keep it a sac effect I think sorry.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:26 am

Expand Air Element  : Look at the top and bottom card of target Location Deck.
    creatures? (for real this time) 3329678120 : Put the top card of target Location Deck on the bottom of that deck.
    creatures? (for real this time) 3329678120 creatures? (for real this time) 3329678120 : Put the bottom card of target a Location Deck on the top of that deck.

Too much text? This makes it more costly to be abuse-able. To reuse a location you would have to move 2 mc per turn after the first use; which I am curious how you would do effectively.

"If the target deck has the active location, reveal a new active location."
    I also think that revealing a new active location makes sense. Or is that for the location he hangs out in?

I do have a question that effects how I would word this ability. When you have the "top card" of a location deck that does not include the active location? If otherwise (the active location being included), then the ability should state something about revealing a new active location. Because Flash kick doesn't say anything about the active location.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:48 am

Double post, for Cirileth having her ability give reck 5 and only 5 energy seems like a bad trade-off. From context (Final Fugue and Carnivore's Keening) I would think 10 energy is more viable.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:44 pm

sure why not
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:31 am

I assume that sure was for the second post. Or was it for both?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:02 pm

oh yeah I missed it. hmm what if we combinded the 2nd and 3rd effects into 1 like pay 2 move top card to bottom or bottom card to top but honestly I think a sac effect is better, for muges there mugic are actually more valuble then there life being able to cast something then get more value seems like a better way to go.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm fine with combining the abilities for 2mc, but I really don't think that moving a location is worth a creature. Like I said, in DoP sacing was more reasonable, but it was even bad back then lol.

Edit, on further thought, I think just making the third ability being a sacrifice ability would work too.

Or we can do something new, have it the cost be either. fancy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am