Chaotic Backup Forum

Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Full Collection?

gerbot150
    Common

Chaotic Username : greglymaster
    Chaotic Coins : 44

Full Collection?

Post by gerbot150 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Hey guys,

Not specifically a post about trading or selling but it seemed to fit here,

I want to know if anyone here has a complete collection of non promo chaotic cards. I know it was given out a as a reward at a couple of tournaments, but that was before the majority of the sets that we now have.

If you do, how many boosters did it take you, and did you have to trade for the last few?
    If not, how many are you missing?

It's something I've wanted to do for a while, but I'm not that close and with AU sold out, the dream may be dead.

Anyway, thanks for your responses, and happy collecting!
    GigaGagagigo
    Rare

Chaotic Username : GigaGagagigo
    Chaotic Coins : 119

Re: Full Collection?

Post by GigaGagagigo on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:37 pm

I have over 25,000 cards, and I am still missing a few cards. If you get the 288 pack bundle of a certain set from stop2shop, you should get every common-rare, and near every super from that set (you will still be missing a few). But even at their cheap price, it will cost a lot. It also depends on how your current collection looks.
    TheOneVeyronian
    Common

Chaotic Username : Barrakigirl
    Chaotic Coins : 48

Post by TheOneVeyronian on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:31 pm

A complete collection is something I've been aiming for ever since I rediscovered Chaotic a while ago (I sold my old collection so I pretty much had to start from scratch) and discovering bulk packs of cards were being sold off cheaply. I've bought 60 holiday tins and 150 boosters (so that's over 350 boosters total) since and I'd say my collection stands at around 60% complete. The percentage would be higher if you take AU out of the question, since AU didn't even reach UK shores before Chaotic died so the possibility of me completing AU is... well, I'd be more likely to win the lottery.(yeah we were behind on getting Chaotic, I don't think I even saw M'arrillian Invasion stuff outside Internet retailers, and we also can't take advantage of stores like Stop2Shop simply because of the shipping expense so I'm limited to eBay wholesalers doing bulk tin lots... that's all the deals we have).

For now, I'm using TCO and the fact I gathered a lot of desirable supers and sometimes ultras in multiples to attempt to trade for the 40% I'm missing, since after buying so many tins and most of the boosters I can buy are boosters for the first 3 sets (I'm at the point where I can buy 50 packs of ZotH and not get anything new as I'm only missing some ultras and supers, same with SS), I've come to the point where trading for specifics is cheaper than buying boosters.

But hopefully, one day I might be able to claim to have the most complete Chaotic collection in the UK... not that it means much nowadays, I also feel like I'm the only person in the UK that still has interest in Chaotic Hehe

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Have LackeyCCG? Want to play Chaotic on it? Check out my Chaotic plugin for LackeyCCG.
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 940

Post by Chiodosin1 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:21 pm

I mean I am guilty of an almost complete collection, I'm missing 2 cards atm owis and ario but I'm too lazy to ask around for them lol. yeah I bought about a 288 pack of every set except silent sands and allaince unravled (so 6 total) bought a bunch of AU starter decks(10 or so) mostly and then set about trading to get what I needed. Some cards were harder to get then others but in general I found people like to trade cards, especially for extras of good cards like I could get several of the more meh supers and ultras for say a lord van bloot servent of aa'une. TCO is a huge help if you just plug in the cards you have and the ones you want it matchs you up with people to trade with. I did have to pay cash for several singles so its not like the packs I bought went all the way though overall a rough estimite I'd say it cost me about somewhere around $600 and 1 year to get the thing together but these days... might not be so easy again though trading is your friend so ya never know.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Whoa  Water Element you doing?
    You need to  Air Element out.
    Just because you were  Fire Element d doesn't mean you get to be mean.
    I mean is it even w Earth Element it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:10 am