Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The tribe of punishment

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

The tribe of punishment Empty The tribe of punishment

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:34 am

so I think I'll be throwing the rest of the creatures out one tribe at a time, focusing on one tribe helps me stay focused on that tribes certain options and such. On that note which tribe am I starting with? Well if you read the title you know its the underworld! why? Because idk enjoy.

(he'll start things off with kemmosh, he's another underworlder who works with battlegear. but unlike ulmar or khybon he's much more blue collar. While they design fancy new gear its up to creatures like kemmosh to build and repair old ones. Ulmar may have created the first viledriver but its kemmosh and other workers who build the dozens needed in chaor's armies. Kemmosh is by far one of the most effecent of these workers give him a pile of scap and some plans and you'll have a powerful weapon in no time. While his work takes up most of his time he enjoys watching fights in the Colosseum(though not participating) or chatting with other workers in the underworld's taverns, he live a simple life and is quite content with it.
    In game kemmosh can sac his own gear and turn a faceup gear you own into a copy of it, as the reminder text says this changes the effects, name and type (such as shard or past) of the gear to be a perfect copy of what was saced. This can be played while kemmosh's gear is face-down since sacing it will send it to the discard and reavel it to anyone, so what the gear will turn into will be clear. and like any other activated effect its for the turn. 
    Art by Adrian Barrios and Jay Axer
    The tribe of punishment Kemmosh_by_chiodosin1-da85z9v
    Next up is Borth-majar frankly there isn't much to talk about with these two there the same dynamic duo you know and love rellying on the others strenght to improve there own weakness. Since we last saw them they've had time to further bond allowing them to help even more in each others attacks as they strive to become a perfect unit. After the marrillian invasion Borth majar went pack to there commander position and are now overseeing a platoon in the lava pond to clear out all the remaining marrillians mi'llian left behind. 
    Art by Adrian Barrios and Jay Axer
    The tribe of punishment Borth_majar_by_chiodosin1-da7qof8
    so yeah not many rulings needed here cept the obvious since its a triggered abilty that checks it needs to meet the conditions when it resolves and when it is first triggered so if you play flashwarp you'll trigger an extra wisdom challange getting added on but since its a triggered effect it goes onto the burst and resolves just before the attack does, now since the attack wasn't a wisdom attack when it was first played you've missed you chance for the trigger and can't THEN add on another power challange. so basiclly if you play a just power or just wisdom attack your getting an extra 5 potentially if its both you get a potential extra 10.

next up we got good ol kughar, during the marrillian invasion after many underworlders were driven away from underworld city khugar began training to fight back even if it was on his own (not the brightest) he practiced his fire attacks making them much more deadly, but the real breakthrough came when he discovered a battlegear know as the Sledge of storms and found that through it he gained mastery of air attacks, also the beetles quick strikes allowed him to hurl air attacks at blinding speed too fast for even mugic to stop them. armed with this newfound power he stomped back into underworld city ready to face the marrillian menece! Only to find out they had already been defeated since he had left. Chaor swiftly put him to good use though as a top warrior in his armies. khugars short temper remains in tact he is quick to anger and even quicker to leap to battle, fortunately he usually has the skills to back him up.
    nothing intresting here I think the cards pretty self explanatory the power thing is a bit silly I though it looked cooler then just giving him high power round out the underworld attack trio and such lol but who knows.
    Art by Khary Randolph, Etienne St. Laurent, and Emilio J. Lopez
    The tribe of punishment Khugar_by_chiodosin1-da81i5m
    last but certianly not least is another new face, nidding.  He used to live in underworld city where his shady deals with the other citizens earned him a reputation for trickery. He sells just about anything he can get his hands on that someone might want. Unfortunately for his costumers there's almost always strings attached. Underworlders usually aren't too happy with being tricked and nidding quickly earned one too many emenies in the city when he sold agitos a mugic to make wiser only to have it leave him with a headache for days. He swiftly left for a place he knew would take outcasts like him, gothos tower. Van bloot however is a master of cunning and deception himself so it may not be so easy for the rat to slip one by him. Nidding still has access to many resources however and whatever happens between these two its sure to end baddly for someone: bloot, nidding or maybe chaor.

again no real rules needed here its a tool kit of various effects you can use at the cost of them coming with a slight downside you can of course use this to your advantage by targeting your opponent with one (not the 2nd one of course) he can simply be a 3 mugic guy who makes an opponent lose 5 energy every turn or he can be much more, for a price
    Art by Bob Rivard
    The tribe of punishment Nidding_by_chiodosin1-da7yh6w

so is that all the underworlders? well all but 1 I plan on saving the 5 ultra creatures for a big ol grand finale or what have you but other than a flashy ultra (ooo who could it beeee?) this is what the underworld has to offer. of course if you have a suggestion for a tweak feel free to chime in as I sometimes overlook things in design but tune in next time when I do... idk some other tribe lol.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

The tribe of punishment Empty Re: The tribe of punishment

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Kenmosh ability's wording is incorrect.

"Sacrafice a Battlegear equipped Kemmosh: Target face-up battlegear you control becomes a copy of the sacrificed battlegear (its effects, name, and type become the same as the sacrificed Battlegear)."

I'm not really sure why it needs to be a face up battlegear?

OHH loving the new borth-majar!

Kughar's stat increase is rivaling Stelgar lmao.

Nidding is way to powerful. Allowing his ability to reset a flipped up battlegear... Overall he has too many tools in his kit. I say take out his bg swapping ability and just give that to a different creature.
    Plus battlegear manipulation doesn't really feel like an ability a Muge would have.
    hughjk
    hughjk
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Windonka
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by hughjk Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:40 pm

That Kughar is my favorite, so much more interesting than the original. I think Kemmosh and Nidding both have the potential to do some really broken things with those battlegear abilities. At least Kemmosh should be rare with something like that. B-M is great too, seems well balanced to me.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:48 pm

oh good responses already you guys are quite prompt good.

kemmosh's face-up part was mainly a clarity thing a if you target a face-down gear you still have to then flip it face-up to get the effect anyway. my inital thoughs were since any creature can have any gear anyway it wouldn't be an issuse but the anytime thing is a bit messy stuff like dread tread especially scares me so I'll probably change it so it targets any gear you control and then only let you do it pre-combat so its more of a perfect clone (you could give your guy a flip gear like telebracers for instince) that should keep everything just fine.

anyway onto nidding perhaps he should be a conquorer? he's gotta be some subtype and I don't see scout, elementalist, warrior, ethereal, taskmaster or commander really fitting so.  so the middle effect is the problem one? the one that just the worse half of armdent adagio? I mean I can come up with a different downside if you want like perhaps both the creatures lost 10 to all or something I just though that "but the gear is faulty" was more flavorful
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:12 am

Its not his type inherently that I find a problem, its fitting for the 1st and 3rd abilities, its the fact that he can do so many different things. I can see a taskmaster having a gear swapping ability. (eg. Kemmosh)
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:13 am

conquerer it is then, doesn't really feel like a taskmaster type he's more self serving.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:33 pm

I still don't feel that you've addressed how powerful/versatile his kit is.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:03 pm

huh whatzit? which effect is the powerful one? is it the expend one? I could probably tweak it to also cost a mugic.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:09 pm

I think its his second ability. The first and third synergize and make sense in the same kit. But then comes along this second ability which is just so powerful. If anything, that ability should be both expand and 1mc.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:30 pm

the 2nd one huh intresting... you do know it only targets your stuff right? I can make it only usable on unengaged guys, that stops the whole oh no I'm gonna die save my gear thing... other than that I don't see the issue
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:20 pm

The fact that you can have dreadtread and then swap it onto what every creature you are going to attack with is ridiculous. Same with xerium armor or anything. Just constantly give your fighter whatever is your best gear.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:32 pm

unengaged it is, glad you agree

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm