Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Chaotic: It's just a game.

Vee
    Common

Chaotic Username : onlywytodfan
    Chaotic Coins : 45

Chaotic: It's just a game.

Post by Vee on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:03 am

This theory's definitely been around before, but regardless I wanted to give my take on the idea.

I like to imagine Chaotic as a groundbreaking, interactive game ran by a team of programmers, artists, writers, techies, etc. Perim and the courts are vivid environments with countless scripted events and whatnot on one massive server. The creatures are extremely well programmed AIs possibly unaware of what they are. Significant events like the M'arillian Invasion and Tangath vs Vitog are too scripted events input for world building. Worlds and creatures undiscovered by players such as the other Spiritlanders, the Frozen Ones, and Past Perim are maps and NPCs in development.

The card game is used for hooking people in and funding the project. The Codemasters may not be aware of all this or keep the secret. Maybe they're members of the dev team themselves, or they're just AIs like the creatures?
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2314

Re: Chaotic: It's just a game.

Post by Marrillian on Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:14 am

I would say the Codemasters are more like playermods than AIs or devs. Otherwise pretty solid idea. It reminds me of Sword Art Online with how the Cardinal System would be able to generate huge world scripted events. Or just any mmorpg in general haha.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 559

Post by lazerbem on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:38 pm

That would be such a mind screw. I like it!

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====

The Mad One
    bobosmith01
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 275

Post by bobosmith01 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:39 pm

I always had that thought, too. Would be sort of sad (albeit interesting), though, hence why I try not to take it into account that much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:22 pm