Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

go find the key...

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

go find the key... Empty go find the key...

Post by Chiodosin1 Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:49 pm

time to suit up in some battlegear, no time for games we're jumping right in

first up is the ring of khen-sepp your first attack does 20 damage, when I say no effects affect the damage I mean anything that would effect increases damage (strike, fire X ect.) things that would decrease it (simalin, kiru city tunnels ect.) or things that would set it to another value (melody of the meek, melody of mirage ect.) all of these do nothing. basically it always does 20 damage unless you deal with the gear somehow and the attack CAN still be negated since this removes it from the burst entirely (see negate in the rules). all of the effects of the attack such as riptides -25 wisdom work as normal.

art by Stone Perales
    go find the key... Ring_of_kensep_by_chiodosin1-dajiz9u

next is the ghostly elixir read the card and we shouldn't have too much trouble here. (its the same effect as on flitflut and wingfin now in a useable form)

art by Stone Perales
    go find the key... Ghostly_elixir_by_chiodosin1-dajjoq0

twin gem is also pretty simple stuff, as with the rule of 2 or unique having diffrent subnames  still counts as the same name for twin gem so if you have both frafdo and frafdo the hero with a twin gem, he would get untargetable.

art by Lucas Durham
    go find the key... Twin_gem_by_chiodosin1-dajiz2y

zalvars orb is even easier, if its a 0 attack it does 5 more, if its not, it doesn't easy peasy.

art by Gustavo Vazquez and Emilio J. Lopez
    go find the key... Zalvar_s_orb_by_chiodosin1-dajizg3

this is the shard of the set, the growth shard the defender means that if your kharall has 50 scanned energy it can defend any marillian or minion with 45 or less scanned energy.

art by Jaemin Kim
    go find the key... Khrall_growth_shard_by_chiodosin1-dajjosl

and last is neverwhere spyglass, if you've seen note of neverwhere you know how this works and since its innate and not triggered it DOES stop beginning of combat effects even if the spyglass was face-down before combat began. it obviously doesn't stop any effect outside of combat or effect after combat such as mirage locations going onto the field.

art by  imaginary friends studios
    go find the key... Neverwhere_spyglass_by_chiodosin1-dajize7

well if you got anything to say about these you can come to my house and say it to my face (or post bellow) tootles
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

go find the key... Empty Re: go find the key...

Post by King A-Game Darini Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:57 pm

I love all of them! Except Khra'll of growth shard. And ring plus elixer seems like they'd be different.

Gain 5 every attack is really strong,really really strong. And defender everything shouldn't be taken lightly. Though I guess it'd take 6 attacks to be worth more then the regular shards. Still looking at Theb-Saar's art we were about to get dragons I'd guess that looks more like a dragon egg.

Ring of khen-sepp is cool and makes sense. You'd mostly need to put it on a creature with Surprise to make sure you get it. I'm not sure it should break through Meek though. Meek is a bit to strong but it does what it does and I don't think it should be bypassed. It's a cool ability and makes sense from what we see of khen-sep.Bladez makes attacks fo 15 if they'd do 0 but meek still reduces it..

Ghostly Elixer looks like it'd be a sacrafice and give invisibility type gear. But I like the idea of giving a flitflut ability.

Neverwhere is sick. Would be perfect for a defender!
    Twin gem looks very useful. Zalvar's orb is perfect in balance and usefulnes.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:32 am

alrighty lets go in order "seems like they'd be diffrent" not sure what that means... does the wording on the card not match what I described or is it just the art doesn't match the card? if its the later its probably because I like using official art for my cards when possible, it just sort of looks more official and stuff and its nice to give art that never saw the light of day a chance to be on some cards. sometimes when I'm stuck I'll browse card art for ideas or see an art that really makes me wanna make that card, but alot of the time I just get an idea without any art to support it. as a result I often use art that's not 100% perfect for my design (sadly I can't hire any artists lol) but when something comes close (like a ghost potion) or is generic enough (like a ring or an orb) I'll work with that and if nothing fits I'll scour the internet which takes a while cause I can be picky (needs to focus on the right thing have a background that could be within the world of chaotic, contains little to no humans ect.) like for the twin gem I really wanted it to be the Twinsheild for obvious reasons but good luck finding an art for that so I thought of other things that might come in pairs more easily I found a really nice blue gem photoshopped in one in red and pretso good enough.

Idk what else to say other than what you said it takes 6 attacks to pass other shards... even if you find someway to make your khrall survive 6 attacks who's to say your opponent will, sure it'll be good vs slower decks like Overworld or some other healing thing but vs a faster aggro deck where each attack hits hard or burn mugics coming your way your gonna be wishing your shard gave you more energy. if someone else agrees with king I'll look into changing it probably by cutting the defender or adding a can't be healed clause. but right now I'm not sure I agree. and it probably looks exactly like a dragons egg since its from the card "dragon egg" lol if you got better art I'm all ears (eyes? idk).

I agree on what the elixer looks like but only mipedians can really grant invisibilty and I didn't really wanna do tribe specific gear and blah blah what I said above.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:47 am

Yeah the shard would be a lot stronger if it wasn't a shard so I guess it's fine actually. I'll look for chaotic-like art for you if you want.

Well only mipedians can so far! Iflar's improv is made just for the mipedians. In the show chaor stole mipedian tech to use in his dread tread. Mipeduan cactus,riverland star,whep crack etc tribal gear has been around for awhile. It might of been a sacrafical thing where if you control a mipedian give certain creature invis something. That'd be my guess. But it's cool how it is. Great stuff as usual

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 am