Chaotic Backup Forum

Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

complete fan set

Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1027

complete fan set

Post by Chiodosin1 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:29 pm

well after working for about a year looks like I'm finally done with this monster
    Battlegear:

Locations:

Mugic:
    Generic:

Overworld:

Underworld:

Mipedian:

Danian:

M'arrillian:

Attacks:
    0 build cost:

1 build cost:

2 build cost:

3+ build points:

Creatures:
    Overworld:

Underworld:

Mipedian:

danian:

M'arrillian:

credits:
    Head of design/Production
    Chiodosin1

Head of quality assurance
    Oracle Afjak

Quality assurance team
    Marrillian
    King A-game Darini
    Lazerbem
    Ultraace1022
    Chaotic11
    Bobosmith01
    Hughjk
    CSpacian
    T_ARA

Art Team
    Howard Lyon
    Khary Randolph
    Emilio Lopez
    Adrian Barrios
    Anthony Washington
    Matt Gunn
    John Avon
    Dan Scott
    Jesper Ejsing
    Aleksi Briclot
    Daniel Ljunggren
    Jim Nelson
    Matt Cavotta
    Yeong-Hao Han
    Franz Vohwinkel
    Stone Perales
    William O'Connor
    Lucas Durham
    Gustavo Vazquez
    Jaemin Kim
    Imaginary friends studios
    Jay Axer
    Keith Conroy
    Etienne St. Laurent
    Mike Bonell
    Steve Truett
    Serg Kolmogorov
    Chaosfissure
    David Curiel
    Edgar Cardona
    Kalen Chock
    Nino Aguilar
    Archipello
    Patrick Lambert
    Bob Rivard
    Sandara (=^_^=)  
    Andrew Bradshaw
    Miroha
    Admys09
    Carl Howell
    Will Jay
    Darkness32
    DevBurmak
    Milivoj Ceran
    LordHannu
    Omuk
    Lianad007
    Taro Yamazaki
    Marco Nelar
    Hugh Jamieson
    Raymond Swanland
    Jimmy Tran
    Jason Narvaez
    Kerim Beyit
    Steve Ellis
    Zoltan Boros
    Gabor Szikszai
    Linggarbramanty

Couldn't have done it without ya

p.s. hope all the scripting worked out its a bit of a mess

Last edited by Chiodosin1 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 4 times in total

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Whoa  Water Element you doing?
    You need to  Air Element out.
    Just because you were  Fire Element d doesn't mean you get to be mean.
    I mean is it even w Earth Element it?
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 639

Re: complete fan set

Post by King A-Game Darini on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:15 am

Love the cards. the credits are a funny touch

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    "What are you gonna do? STAB ME!?" -stab Victim Mipedian
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:14 am

funny? go figure

Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2416

Post by Marrillian on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:03 pm

I think adding in some links to the original posts would be good! 

Pinning the thread.

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:58 pm

but there's so many! lol why would I need them anyway?

TheOneVeyronian
    Common

Chaotic Username : Barrakigirl
    Chaotic Coins : 48

Post by TheOneVeyronian on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Nice work on this, there's some great card ideas here! I can appreciate how long this must have took given I have attempted several Chaotic fan sets in the past.

I couldn't help but notice the art you used for the Flamefan attack card is an album art for "Indestructible" by Disturbed (the artwork itself is by David Finch btw), and I think it's slightly squashed in your card. Sorry I couldn't help mentioning it!

I think it'd be good to add artist credits to the cards themselves somewhere, probably wouldn't be too hard to add. Might just be me though as I often like to see who did what art.

p.s. in the credits you list Warlockss and Etienne St Laurent as 2 different artists. Pretty sure they're the same artist, Warlockss is Etienne's DA username Smile

Great work though! And good to see them all in one place for easy browsing too.

Have LackeyCCG? Want to play Chaotic on it? Check out my Chaotic plugin for LackeyCCG.
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:46 pm

thanks for the tips I thought about doing the credit on the card thing but a small chunk of them don't have an known artist and I hate inconstancy lol. hmm yeah maybe I'll readjust flamefan I think your right... and I'll fix that credit error, its alot a names lol not surpised I goofed somewhere

TheOneVeyronian
    Common

Post by TheOneVeyronian on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:49 pm

@Chiodosin1 wrote:thanks for the tips I thought about doing the credit on the card thing but a small chunk of them don't have an known artist and I hate inconstancy lol. hmm yeah maybe I'll readjust flamefan I think your right... and I'll fix that credit error, its alot a names lol not surpised I goofed somewhere

Ah yeah, I often have the same problem with finding out who did an artwork (even after putting the image through a Google search) and it drives me nuts, so that's perfectly understandable Smile
    Chaotic11
    Common

Chaotic Username : Chaotic11
    Chaotic Coins : 38

Post by Chaotic11 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:36 am

I know a pretty good card printing website, if I still played as much i'd consider having these printed as a set! Nice job!
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2416

Post by Marrillian on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:37 pm

@Chiodosin1 wrote:but there's so many! lol why would I need them anyway?

To make it easier for other people to find the original discussion and development of the cards
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 pm

I guess... but those conversations are over for the most part

King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:10 am

A list of some combos to use the cards in. TheOneVeyronian can hopefully make these cards available in lackeyCCG.

A lot of these seem obvious but I'll list them anyway. I wont list every card cause some are that much more obvious or don't require much combo-ing.

A Defender and Neverwhere Spyglass (Main usage,aka best gear)
    Ilexia's gift and Shinadd (might be it's only use)
    The ring's best use is to use something like flame fan or flashmend etc to boost yourself while dealing the 20.
    Axe of rage (second best gear) can be combo'd with Magmon engulfed. Making Steem and many DOP underworlder's useful.
    Superiority Armor get's stronger in a Gan'trak deck (Main use)

Kaizeph's lantern works great with Tassanil,High Elementalist.

Endless march or ghostly elixir combos well with Adjacent Adagio. (generic and UW mugic in this set) allows you to move the extra space since you lose defender. Virtuosso or waltz (generic Mugic and mipedian in this set) are really great mugic to counter this.

Intress Incantation works with Biakan extremely well as well as using Kienra to check what's next.

Ejderah and Appelai work in unison with each other. along with Lake Mourn,Memorial. At least pretty sure. Ejderah's ability might make it so he can't target the conjuor while playing the attack.

I don't understand how to use Siado effectively (or at all) and Theb-Saar could use a big buff.
    Prince Mudeenu seems like a weaker Kolmo original. but the card draw/discard is nice.

Idea for Theeb-Saar would be too use prince Mudeenu champion of the guard with say 3 conjuors (Bylkian most likely) and Gaffat-Ra (leash). Prince to make everyone a invisibility user
    (strike 30 with surprise now) and 20 energy 80 at max. Still leaves room for gear. Xerium or Dozzer work. while gaffat-ra works as a sponge to stop royals from taking damage.

Mahook can be comboed with a creature you want in the discard (like a danian) by using Vidav master strategist or General's standard.

Pemanah can be used with Agal wings (like Elna it's a wanted sacrifice) you could also use him with say Taalasmin of the Mandiblor or Choral of the Apparition. to make this a positive. Surround and conquer from here on out. Can be used in conjunction with Ekkud,punisher there

Shared Will might work with Getaan. need clarification.

D'hegan and Akkalbi BW...

phelphor (all of them) and warp sphere.

Ish'Takul and Millian foothold commander or Ish and Chieftian's Strain. Fairly obvious and great.

Kam'uchay seems like a good Gan'trak chief but honestly using Intimidating Melody of M'arr,Part'soa,Ballad of the Belittled .mindful finish,Etude of Exhaustion and mainly Fatiguing Falsetto with out gran can be just as strong. also LVB,SOA.

Overworlders I cant see many combo's except maybe Lujah and amorphous attack being best friends in a stat deck.

I can't think of any Mugic that will reoccur like say reoccurring rescue to abuse Maxxor with. The rest of the set is straight forward. nothing to crazy

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    TheOneVeyronian
    Common

Post by TheOneVeyronian on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:10 pm

@King A-Game Darini wrote:A list of some combos to use the cards in. TheOneVeyronian  can hopefully make these cards available in lackeyCCG.

If Chio's okay with it, I can get this fan set onto my Lackey plugin (fully scripted and searchable within the program) in a day or two so people can playtest these cards and even open virtual boosters of them (I'll probably duplicate my plugin so there'll be a version with custom cards and a version without. Don't worry, the version with custom cards will still have access to all the officially released cards too!). There's some interesting combos in there for certain and it'd be great to see them all work in practice.
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:33 pm

that pack idea would be amazing for a draft.

http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t1132-mommark-s-lab wish my cards werent so badly edited. The cards I'd want to make are Lamina Nagra,Awakening,Val-RA and maybe Rag'Nok. Ogg and screamer to but I didn't edit them yet.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    TheOneVeyronian
    Common

Post by TheOneVeyronian on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:38 pm

@King A-Game Darini wrote:that pack idea would be amazing for a draft.

http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t1132-mommark-s-lab wish my cards werent so badly edited. The cards I'd want to make are Lamina Nagra,Awakening,Val-RA and maybe Rag'Nok. Ogg and screamer to but I didn't edit them yet.

I added the pack opening functionality since I wanted to be able to imitate Chaotic sealed deck card pools and make Limited play a possibility again. And for your cards, if you provided me with the raw full-res card art I'd be more than happy to create card images of any of those cards in that link for you.

Anyway, I begun adding this fan made set into the Lackey plugin (it should be ready to post as early as tomorrow provided it works and Chio is okay with it). I did notice a few errors with a couple of the cards, minor but I thought they'd be worth mentioning, like how Lava Pond, Reignition Chamber still uses the DoP symbol instead of the custom symbol that the other cards have.

I also noticed that there might be a significant error in Aztrolar's text: it says "Aztrolar gains and "Swift 1"". Is it supposed to say "Aztrolar gains "Range" and "Swift 1"" or something along the lines of that, or does it only gain Swift 1? It also says "Uninfected Aztrolar" when it should probably say "Uninfect Aztrolar".

Whoops, almost forgot to mention that I also noticed Borth-Majar, Binary Fighter is completely missing the tribe indicator in the type line.

Have LackeyCCG? Want to play Chaotic on it? Check out my Chaotic plugin for LackeyCCG.
    TheOneVeyronian
    Common

Post by TheOneVeyronian on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:43 am

Sorry for double posting again, I thought I'd share a screenshot of what this fan set will look like in the Chaotic Lackey plugin. There's some things still left to iron out and test, but for the most part it's almost ready to go. I just need to decide if I'm going to add other fan cards first before releasing this custom cards version or not.

I also tested opening 5 "packs" of the set in the deck editor:

Chiodosin1, would you be able to clarify if there's a missing part in Aztrolar's ability text as I pointed out in my last post for me? I probably won't edit the card image itself but I can get the correct ability text to show in Lackey (like how I get post-erratum text to show up on the official cards). It's pretty much the only thing preventing this plugin update from being finished.

Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 pm

sorry took me a bit to figure out what it was supposed to be, I'm pretty sure it was range though, all fixed now sorry about that

King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:31 pm

You work really fast. It's awesome.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:34 pm

you guys get that totally intentional joke where I didn't put unique on Mudeenu just like champion of the guard version... hilarious. anyway It's fixed now lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:31 am