Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

*SPOILERS* Fate of Afjak

Cejay
    Cejay
    Common

Chaotic Username : Cejay
    Chaotic Coins : 14

*SPOILERS*  Fate of Afjak Empty *SPOILERS* Fate of Afjak

Post by Cejay Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Hey all! Just watched the episode "Destruction Threshold" (or something like that), had me thinking about past perim and what might actually have happened to Afjak.

This post is written with the assumption in mind that most of you remember what happened to Afjak, Najarin's apprentice and son.

I doubt it's a first here on the forums, but it was definitely on my mind, so, here I am trying to start a discussion.

What do you think?

Personally, I'd say Afjak was sent even further into the past. Just seems like the most logical conclusion to make, even Najarin himself suggested so. The time travel mugic notes are entered into the threshold teleporter thing, and they take the "caster" backwards in time. Tom and the gang were sent into past perim, makes sense that anyone in past perim who then used the portal would also be sent back in time, or, further back (for those who came from the future/our present). Of course, unless something changed at the threshold over the years that caused the portal to go to the past instead of the future. Hope this isn't too much of a brain bash for anyone! Afjak might not have used the same mugic note combination as our protagonists did, so, that'd also be a totally possible scenario too. I mean there were other notes to be entered into the portal, it's not too much of a stretch to assume that there were other possible working combinations.

I mean the fact that the portal is destroyed in that same episode is a good thing, avoids any plot holes that could have been created. I found myself asking "Why doesn't Tom offer to go back to the past perim and use the portal a second time to find out where Afjak went? I mean he can just port back using his scanner so it's not even a risk to him. Afjak can't have gone far from the past-past portal, right?" But yeah, luckily they shot that idea down a few seconds later.

I know the show is like, kinda old now, but I would like to read any opinions on it. Did you also find it kinda tragic at the end when it was revealed that Afjak was the son of Najarin?
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

*SPOILERS*  Fate of Afjak Empty Re: *SPOILERS* Fate of Afjak

Post by bobosmith01 Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:37 pm

I always thought he went into the past, too, since Dranakis seemed to sent you BACK in time, not just to a certain point in time.

But, actually, that's been debunked-Chaotic had a twitter that flat out confirmed you CAN go into the future with the Threshold. https://twitter.com/ChaoticTCG

So, yeah. I'm pretty sure this meant the Writer's were thinking of Afjak returning, or at LEAST Von Bloot. I mean, he was prominently featured in the next TCG set. Well-comparatively prominent.

On a fun note, has anyone noticed the shadow on H'earring, Tainted? There's Kaz on there (which is odd, since humans never appear or are mentioned on the actual cards.)
    Cejay
    Cejay
    Common

Chaotic Username : Cejay
    Chaotic Coins : 14

Post by Cejay Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:48 pm

bobosmith01 wrote:I always thought he went into the past, too, since Dranakis seemed to sent you BACK in time, not just to a certain point in time.

But, actually, that's been debunked-Chaotic had a twitter that flat out confirmed you CAN go into the future with the Threshold. https://twitter.com/ChaoticTCG

So, yeah. I'm pretty sure this meant the Writer's were thinking of Afjak returning, or at LEAST Von Bloot. I mean, he was prominently featured in the next TCG set. Well-comparatively prominent.

On a fun note, has anyone noticed the shadow on H'earring, Tainted? There's Kaz on there (which is odd, since humans never appear or are mentioned on the actual cards.)

Found the tweet, that's pretty interesting. Kinda makes me wish the show had continued for the rest of that Season, at least.
    Just looked up the image of the card, that's pretty whack! I guess Kaz had a pretty important relationship with H'earring in the show, solidifies the fantasy of Chaotic being connected to the show. Or not, I mean, yeah. Or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:20 pm