Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Any progression?

ShadowWalkerEH
    newb

Chaotic Username : ShadowWalker
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Any progression?

Post by ShadowWalkerEH on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Been wondering if there's been any progression on bringing Chaotic back. I watched Lowteir4life's video and I know that koto studios had owner ship at one point. I know he said a possible 2017 because a device or some said that on the old Web site and in still wondering if that's a possible thing to happen. would love to hear what's going on and what news we have. Thanks.
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 619

Re: Any progression?

Post by King A-Game Darini on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:21 pm

The momentum is to far gone. The revival should of happened 2 years or less after its closure to keep it's mass fanbase. To little people remember it or will have interest. Developers will see it as a lost cause too.

No all we have left is this site untill M'arrillian decides to close it.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    "What are you gonna do? STAB ME!?" -stab Victim Mipedian
    Battle95
    Common

Chaotic Username : Battle95
    Chaotic Coins : 29

Post by Battle95 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:43 pm

An interesting idea, hear me out,
    Why don't we make a new set on Trade Cards Online? I know some of you and me are getting bored with the current rotation of cards. With about 10 guys, with almost infinite Chaotic knowledge we could create some cool cards and a new set of 100 cards. And we can set up that for players opting to play normal chaotic they can, and those that want to play with new cards as well, they can too. I know that it might be a nightmare for afjak, but it might be an interesting idea.
    Lowtier4life
    Common

Chaotic Username : Lowtier4life
    Chaotic Coins : 10

Post by Lowtier4life on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:40 pm

@Battle95 wrote:An interesting idea, hear me out,
    Why don't we make a new set on Trade Cards Online? I know some of you and me are getting bored with the current rotation of cards. With about 10 guys, with almost infinite Chaotic knowledge we could create some cool cards and a new set of 100 cards. And we can set up that for players opting to play normal chaotic they can, and those that want to play with new cards as well, they can too. I know that it might be a nightmare for afjak, but it might be an interesting idea.

Thats interesting, heck I'd be down for it. but I dunno.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2320

Post by Marrillian on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Alright guys, pack  up its time to go home, I'm hitting the delete forum button Tongue

This post might interest you: http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t720-who-currently-owns-the-copyright-trademark-for-chaotic

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    ShadowWalkerEH
    newb

Chaotic Username : ShadowWalker
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Post by ShadowWalkerEH on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:04 pm

@Marrillian wrote:Alright guys, pack  up its time to go home, I'm hitting the delete forum button Tongue

This post might interest you: http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t720-who-currently-owns-the-copyright-trademark-for-chaotic

So what I got from that is that the rights and such are kinda up in the air and it's unclear who really has them. Also with the right company, a chaotic revive would be possible. correct me if I'm wrong please.
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 619

Post by King A-Game Darini on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 pm

@Battle95 wrote:An interesting idea, hear me out,

http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/f4-create-a-card-forum-art and http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/selectCard/game_id/82/goal/DC use what you'd like. We have official art from fire and stone.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    "What are you gonna do? STAB ME!?" -stab Victim Mipedian
    Chaotic11
    Common

Chaotic Username : Chaotic11
    Chaotic Coins : 38

Post by Chaotic11 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Chiodosin1 has made more than enough cards to complete a set to my knowledge. Perhaps a few might need tweaking for power purposes. I believe a majority were tweaked upon first post though. Those could easily be uploaded into the system and used. I've considered sending Chiodosin's cards into a pretty good card printer I know online and having them made "official" haha. But I don't play much anymore so I don't really see a point in paying $15-20 to have a fake expansion produced even though some of the new abilities he thought up would be pretty sick in actual play.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 pm

@ShadowWalkerEH wrote:So what I got from that is that the rights and such are kinda up in the air and it's unclear who really has them. Also with the right company, a chaotic revive would be possible. correct me if I'm wrong please.
    By "kinda up in the air", I would say its more like the entity known as 4kids (4licensing) still has the rights legally (to the best of my knowledge), but since they are practically non-existent and are in the process of filing for bankruptcy, it may be possible for them to be bought by another party. (Seeing as money talks). I know that a while back, there was some effort by the previous CEO of chaotic to acquire the rights from 4kids but I never found out if that went anywhere (so I'm assuming it didn't). 

I wouldn't plan on anything happening within this year, but I'll keep an eye on the results of the bankruptcy and see if they spin off the IP to another company.

Lastly, the copyright to the game IP (Intellectual Property) is eventually going to expire in the not so distant future. It may become Public Domain?

There may be some more threads that go more in depth on some of this stuff, because at one point myself and another member had dug pretty deep into the legal state of the game. But you got the gist of it.
    MasterMisha
    Common

Chaotic Username : MasterMisha
    Chaotic Coins : 15

Post by MasterMisha on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:02 pm

I'm a little late on this but, right before things started going downhill, they were getting ready to release a set called "Fire and Stone." Maybe it's still possible to retrieve this set?
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 pm

From what I understand of the legal situation, that wouldn't be possible. But who knows, its been 2+ years since I last read court documents about the state of Chaotic. 4kids is finally bankrupt for good.

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    LeGladiateur
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : LeGladiateur
    Chaotic Coins : 62

Post by LeGladiateur on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 pm

I think 4kids actually become a new company under a new name called 4Licensing Corporation.

For my part, I think it is possible for them to continue the current game. Howerver, they would have to release an intro set with the most basic cards or something close so the newcomers can get into the game.

For the new set by the group. I'm not rejecting the idea. In fact I've never really paid attention to what was made by the fans. I personaly prefer to play cards I actually own and that are official. But creating the cards and everything, would that not remove the fluctuation of the stats that is really nice to the game ?

I just though about that. If there really was a new version of the game coming. Do you think they would open back the old Chaoticonline website ? This would help the old players, but it would not be appropriate if they wanna keep selling cards.

So I see 3 options here:
    1- They would have to continue developping a new version and forget the old one
    2- They continue the version we know
    3- They continue the old one and develop a new version, wich would be really good to keep the old players and the newcomers.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:21 am

@LeGladiateur wrote:I think 4kids actually become a new company under a new name called 4Licensing Corporation.

For my part, I think it is possible for them to continue the current game. Howerver, they would have to release an intro set with the most basic cards or something close so the newcomers can get into the game.

For the new set by the group. I'm not rejecting the idea. In fact I've never really paid attention to what was made by the fans. I personaly prefer to play cards I actually own and that are official. But creating the cards and everything, would that not remove the fluctuation of the stats that is really nice to the game ?

I just though about that. If there really was a new version of the game coming. Do you think they would open back the old Chaoticonline website ? This would help the old players, but it would not be appropriate if they wanna keep selling cards.

So I see 3 options here:
    1- They would have to continue developping a new version and forget the old one
    2- They continue the version we know
    3- They continue the old one and develop a new version, wich would be really good to keep the old players and the newcomers.
    You are correct about them becoming a new company. But that company has recently just declared bankruptcy and is selling (sold) its assets to pay off dept. Hence why I said for good.

In terms of what they can/should do, if they are legally allowed to continue from where they were. I think re-releasing sets internationally would be a good place to start. But imo, if they start at DOP, they should redesign the sets to account for balancing of later sets.
    If they restart the game entirely, I hope they have some rebate policy that allows players with collections to get online packs/cards with the old codes!
    If they do both, well that would cause a confusion in terms of how online would be maintained (or sometime like "wild mode" in hearthstone), especially in physical tournaments. It would be the least-sensical option from a business perspective.
    LeGladiateur
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : LeGladiateur
    Chaotic Coins : 62

Post by LeGladiateur Yesterday at 12:18 am

Well that bankruptcy ain't good news ...
    Still informations that are nice to know. What would happen of their Chaotic rights ?
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian Yesterday at 11:31 am

My speculation is that Gannon grabbed them. But I have no way of confirming this. Heck if I had a good lawyer (and money) I would have tried snagging them hehe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:54 pm