Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Chaotic Investigations!

Malcolm9
    Rare

Chaotic Username : malcolm9
    Chaotic Coins : 116

Chaotic Investigations!

Post by Malcolm9 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:47 pm

So two pieces of news - 1 Major and 1 not-so-major...
    http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t1264-new-discord-chaotic-community#4479

The other news comes in the form of me - spending the whole day hunting for information on the rights for Chaotic (as I spent some time "coding" a drome in my spare time) - just to ask for permission. What came was some unexpected news...

So looks like we're getting a new version of Chaotic :p Oh... and Bryan has the rights - go bug him Big Grin

JKS JKS Nop Plz don't kill me Bryan Frown
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2344

Re: Chaotic Investigations!

Post by Marrillian on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:52 am

(I split your topic, because once I wanted as an announcement and the other is this.)

Nice! So after that final 4kids (4entertainment) bankruptcy, it looks like nothing is standing in the path of Gannon.

The wording is strange here, "create your own fun" and "acknowledge they are trademarks", does that mean we can create our own game if we give them credit? I know yugioh had DuelingNetwork for years before it was shutdown recently.

For anyone who's interested:

P.S.
    Working at Cisco huh. Maybe he could get me hired lol
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Chaotic Username : LeGladiateur
    Chaotic Coins : 102

Post by LeGladiateur on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Please ... Make a Chaotic website that would be awesome
    KalebThePro
    newb

Chaotic Username : KalebThePro
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Post by KalebThePro on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Is there anyway to confirm this to be true because this is a little fishy. Blink
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 628

Post by King A-Game Darini on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Well I trust Malcolm. He's got no real reason to lie.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    "What are you gonna do? STAB ME!?" -stab Victim Mipedian
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Post by LeGladiateur on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Am I the only one that is not really sure about the '' new version'' part ?
    Does this mean an ew game that makes the older set incompatibles ?
    I would personnaly prefer new sets and expensions. Not a new game.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:55 pm

That might be what happens sadly. Since the game had many different copy rights, and the only fair way to allow older sets is if they reproduced them, so if Gannon doesn't have the rights to reproduce the original sets, we may be looking at a whole new game Frown

If you're reading this Gannon, let us be your play testers please. I don't want to see the "balance" of the game like it was.
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Post by LeGladiateur on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:47 am

That's what I feared ...
    What do you mean by the balance ?
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:23 pm

I refer to how in the initial sets, the Ultras were so overwhelmingly more powerful than any other rarity and how it gradually shifted towards a game where people who don't dump hundreds of dollars into the game can still be relevant. Aside from that, just how some cards completely formed the meta and shutdown innovation in deck building. How many "useless" cards versus used cards (I place useless in quotes, because those cards can sometimes be fun to use even if not relevant in competitive game-play).

Next is the balance between the tribes. Danian and Mipedian were completely powerless in the initial Dawn of Perim: Secrets set and even further into the game's releases still struggled to be competitive against the Overworld and Underworld tribe.

Lastly, the balance of cards compared to the show. The first set was barely in line with the show, and each subsequent set further deviated from what watchers associated with how a card would be and what the card was like when released. I have a topic dedicated to this so I won't digress.

Sorry if that was a little more than what you were expecting XD

Last edited by Marrillian on Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Post by LeGladiateur on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:32 pm

I have nothing to do but to agree on these arguments. However, I think it is still a really well balance game compared to the other popular Trading Card Games.

By the way, it was more than what I expected, but I appreciate these complete answers.

Thanks
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Oh absolutely. That's why I've stuck around so long. Chaotic has been the best CCG/TCG that I've ever played.

I'm just hoping that when (notice I'm now saying when haha) the game is rereleased/updated, the balance will be impeccable.

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Power creep and imbalance is inevitable in a card game. True balanace is a game like chess or a 1v1 fighting game with the same exact character. (No buffs or cheats)

No balanace in a game like this only happens in the lower levels of competitive. Higher up there will be decks with complete counters regardless if we try to stop it. Hate cards like tartareck,najarin FF,doomhammer. Who are useful while countering 1 specific thing (almost an emtire tribe) . But the same can be said for ikurbra and lord van bloot.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Post by LeGladiateur on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:31 am

It is kinda, true, unless the 2 players have the exact pieces. There will always be decks that will be harder to defeat.

However, Chaotic is probably the most balance trading card game we've seen yet. Unlike Yu-Gi-Oh, you cannot make an incredible turn that will blow up your opponent and that everything has a cost. You'll have to play the same amount of cards of your opponent on your turns. You cannot play 4 or 5 attacks, you have the same limit buil points that is probably the base of the balance, no more creatures that your opponent, etc. It is true that some creatures have more chances to win like Maxxor vs Laarina alone, but the combos with abilities, mugics and locations makes these less important. I've defeated Chaor with Karraba by example or like Bodal vs Tangath Toborn. The stats aren't everything.

This is why my friends, thjat I think that this is a balance game and I would really appreciate that the new upcoming would be compatible with the Chaotic tcg we play. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would want to involve myself in a new version.
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Post by King A-Game Darini on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Like everything it'd still need a ban list. "You cannot make an incredible turn that destroys everything" Aer'dak. It can even work without ever getting in a combat.

Broken combos like Bodal,FDR/d-zooka,laminkal/scouts monocular and 2 lommas with droskin and vial of liquid thought. You can't attack me and I keep bringing back super cooled rain.

Unlimted neekwin..ive made it and its consitent.

We made a ban list but no one really uses it.

Last edited by King A-Game Darini on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Post by LeGladiateur on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:57 pm

A ban list would sureley be appropriate for these kinds of combos. Combos are great, but not when they give unfaire advantage.
    Orannis
    Common

Chaotic Username : Orannis
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Post by Orannis on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:20 pm

That's very interesting news.....

What's Gannon's contact info? :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:44 am