Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
King A-Game Darini
bobosmith01
lazerbem
Regandpledge
Blitser
CSpacian
Chiodosin1
KingMaxxor4
12 posters

Dawn of Perim Remastered Project

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Dawn of Perim Remastered Project Empty Dawn of Perim Remastered Project

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:06 pm

I've always wanted to do this. Rework the first three sets. A re-balance of these sets trying to make the cards coincide with their TV counterparts. 

Dawn of Perim HD Remastered
    Card Submission

If you have any objections or discussions post it here. The spreed sheet is to keep track of things.

Guidelines:

• If a card was OP in the show, it should be OP
    • Don't be afraid to change rarity (higher or lower)
    • Cards in show with elements should have elements
    • Creatures with wings should have at least range (swift situational).
    • Buff Energy. Cards that are fighters in the show should have a minimum of 45 energy!
    • Don't worry about Attack Card names; balance comes first
    • You may move cards between sets.

Tribe - Disciplines  - Element Relationship:
    Power: Fire Fire Element , Air Air Element , Water Water Element
    Courage:  Earth Earth Element , Water Water Element , Air Air Element
    Wisdom: Water Water Element , Fire Fire Element , Earth Earth Element
    Speed: Air Air Element , Earth Earth Element , Fire  Fire Element

UnderWorld: Fire Fire Element, Air Air Element, Water Water Element
    Danian: Earth Earth Element, Water Water Element, Air Air Element
    OverWorld: Water Water Element, Fire Fire Element, Earth Earth Element
    Mipedian: Air Air Element, Earth Earth Element, Fire Fire Element

UnderWorld: Power, Speed, Wisdom
    Danian: Courage, Wisdom, Speed
    OverWorld: Wisdom, Power, Courage
    Mipedian: Speed, Courage, Power
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Dawn of Perim Remastered Project Empty What Cards Would be Banned if the Game had a Stable Meta?

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:08 pm

There are many cards that I believe are unbalance. In this thread we can discus why cards should or should not have been ultra, and what changes some cards can have. This can be used when chaotic is re-started. I will double post for the list to be on this post.

I will be focusing on DoP for my first post: I will edit in more creatures as i go along today: (All stats stated are the maximum stat unless otherwise stated)

Najerin original: he should have definitely been made an ultra according to the show. DoP was very show accurate, so I do not understand why he is only a rare. He could have had 50 energy (unless he was a foreshadowing of meek decks along with lore and ulmar), his Mugic ability should have been 3, and his ability should only have cost 1mc.

Chaor original: nice energy made him a coveted creature, but his ability was way to expensive. First of all why does he have 3mc!! Most important thing about him, why does his ability cost 3mc. That is the worst costing ability ever. Either his ability costs 2mc and he gets 3mc, (worse option) or his ability costs 1mc and he gets 2mc.

Takinom original: First and most importantly, she should have fire. Come on, she plays ember swarm in the first episode of Chaotic! Then her energy should have been maxed at 55. Her ability should heal her 30. Other that that good card. But who knows maybe this would have pushed her to ultra:P

Intress original: Yes this could have been rare, so now ill make her worth super. Energy maxed at 55 like Takinom. Courage and wisdom maxed at 80. (why is her stats so bad:P) And water 10, come on maker her worth her rarity. Or get rid of water 5 and ad earth. (now she can actually share attacks with Maxxor)

Heptadd original: I believe for the type of card he is, his stats, except for wisdom, fit him. What has always bothered me was his 1mugic counter. With an ability like that, he should have 2mc. And being an Overworlder he should have at least 70 wisdom.

Prince Mudeenu: What no ultra rare Mipedian creature!? Prince Mudeenu definitely has the potential. 2 Mugic counters, (he’s a leader) air, and earth. Now you actually have something. And I don’t want to hear any discussion on how dop wasn’t about other tribes. Invisibility surprise, and finally 50+ speed. (He’s a Mipedian even if he’s fat he still shouldn’t be that slow)

Song of Deflection: I agree it should be ultra, but it costs way to much for dop, either make it cost 2, or make it a super. Not much else to it.

Song of Mandiblor: I’m pretty sure we all remember that episode where Sarah drives everyone insane trying to get this Mugic. Being a super is fine, but it’s text should be, target mandiblor gains 5 courage, power, wisdom, speed, and energy for every Danian in play. Or reverse mandiblor and Danian: target Danian gains… for each mandiblor in play. That is my favorite option

Fortissimo: Worst super in DoP. There is countless solutions to this card, so ill be looking for your opinions on this one especially. First, make it a rare. (worst option, cause In the show its awesome) Some random idea that came to my mind was, 5 c,p,w,s,e for each attack your creature played this combat. I think that would be a cool ability, especially in DoP.

Windstrider: Almost as bad as Fortissimo. Because of its use in the show, it has to stay super, but it should give creatures range as well.

Viledriver: Worse mistake then making Najerin rare. This is deserving of at least super. Equipped creature gains fire and fire 10.

Gothos tower: most annoying rare ever, deserving of super to not cheaply let anyone with a lvb have one. I'm pretty sure my friend pulled one in the same starter as he pulled lvb in.

Notes of Neverwhere: Super or 2mc and rare.

Cannon of Casualty and song of resurgence should be rares. I would personally have made them supers, but I understand why the creators made them low rarity.

Melody of Malady: Should deal 10 damage as well.

Owis: 2mc. And increase the power of his ability: 1mc: Heal 10 to target creature. 1mc: heal 15 to owis.

Tanagath Toborn original: Where did the creators pull those stats from? (don’t answer) 2mc, 65+c,75+ w, 50+e

Xield: Horrible energy, should be at least 40, and 2mc. Ability: 1mc: Deal x damage to Xield: Target creature gains x energy until end of turn. Wield ability may only be used once per turn.

Yokkis: Why 2mc I don’t know, and I don’t care. But his ability, due to his low disciplines, should be support all disciplines 15.

Underworld City: Um why is this a super? It would also fit the match with kiru city as a rare.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Dawn of Perim Remastered Project Empty Card remakes

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:15 am

Many cards got better updated versions In the game but many creatures didn't what creatures would you like to see updated and how would you do it?

Personally I want to see a better Borth-Majar the concept of two creatures is super cool and not really fleshed out in the original my remake would have power and wisdom in the 80-100 range and courage and speed more toward 40 he would have 55 energy average no elements and outperform wisdom and power 5  and he would have 2 mugic counters and the abilty to give up 2 to get " the next time an attack played by borth majar resolves draw attack card then play another attack"  he would also be unique and loyal
    Feel free to tell me what you think
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Dawn of Perim Remastered Project Empty Re: Dawn of Perim Remastered Project

Post by CSpacian Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:13 am

I've always been a fan of the stories told in cards.

Tiaane would be an amazing card to see again, just cause of his story in the TV show.

Same with the Assimilated Creatures, especially with Nunk'Worn. Because his entire tribe was wiped out and he's one of the last M'arrillians outside of the Doors now. I could honestly see the Underworlders, Mipedians, and Overworlders demanding his death from the Danians. Combine that with his in-game ability to revive himself, I could see something interesting come from it.

Asides from that Mommark's Creations and Mommark himself would be nice to see again. Maybe designed to create Creatures out of the Creatures in your Discard Pile like: 'Remove target creature in your Discard Pile: Target Creature you control becomes a copy of the removed Creature.' Like Iparu, but it copies Creatures from the Discard Pile.

Although I do agree with your idea of returning Borth-Majar. I could see some interesting alternatives. I could also things like Double Creatures (Single Creatures that count as 2) becoming a possible new card type. Cards like Aivenna and Nivenna and similar things. Two Creatures as one could definitely lead interesting twists.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Did momark ever have an official card?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Marrillian wrote:Did momark ever have an official card?

never a physical card but there was a special online only give away tied to the show for him. it was from the first set so the card is mediocre 3 mugic which was rare for the time and stats and energy were bad I think like most muges and he had the ability to give up 1 counter to heal 10

Also on TCO there is a card called mommark clonemaster... not sure if its real but they just rehashed the image from the first card so it's probably a fake
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Chiodosin1 wrote:

never a physical card but there was a special online only give away tied to the show for him. it was from the first set so the card is mediocre 3 mugic which was rare for the time and stats and energy were bad I think like most muges and he had the ability to give up 1 counter to heal 10

Also on TCO there is a card called mommark clonemaster... not sure if its real but they just rehashed the image from the first card so it's probably a fake

Clonemaster was an online exclusive that never got released. It was added to the collection page but we never had a competitive season which rewarded it.

As for the original mommark - those three mugic counter and a natural healing ability made him a great card in the pure DoPS days. I loved using him with Magmons in my 3v3 armies.
    Regandpledge
    Regandpledge
    Common

Chaotic Username : regandpledge
    Chaotic Coins : 12

Post by Regandpledge Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:47 am

Interesting. If you could, would you change any of the cards, or would you keep everything the same?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:21 pm

Blitser wrote:
    Chiodosin1 wrote:

Clonemaster was an online exclusive that never got released. It was added to the collection page but we never had a competitive season which rewarded it.

As for the original mommark - those three mugic counter and a natural healing ability made him a great card in the pure DoPS days. I loved using him with Magmons in my 3v3 armies.
    So blits your saying the original mommark was a card? Was it a promo or something, cause I personally haven't seen a physical version of it.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:07 am

Marrillian wrote:So blits your saying the original mommark was a card? Was it a promo or something, cause I personally haven't seen a physical version of it.

No no, there wasn't a physical Mommark card. I loved using it in online matches. haha

Having 40 energy of healing for my Magmon's was a big deal back then since he was the heaviest hitter in the game.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:17 am

It would be cool to see someone like Tianne be remade, I agree. Make him a bit more notable
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:20 pm

The first time I saw Mommark I was actually very disappointed cause I just saw that he can heal 10 damage three times and saw him as a more exclusive Vidav who heals 15 damage twice. So I saw Vidav as being more valuable because if he gains a Mugician somehow he would heal more than Mommark. I never really relied on them to cast Mugic as Overworlders always had plenty of Mugicians it seemed.

To be honest really any of the original Mipedians or Danians could do with remakes. It felt like they tried too hard to balance out Invisibility and Hive without ever actually play-testing them. Maybe its just that in Dawn of Perim neither of them had Ultra Rares so Chaor, Lord Van Bloot, Maxxor, and Heptadd just swept a bit easier against them, but I always felt like they were so underpowered in the first set.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Dawn of Perim Remastered Project Empty Dawn of Perim Remastered Project

Post by bobosmith01 Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:29 pm

I'd argue with Armageddon being 4 BP instead of 3, and removing Najarin's Loyal, but this looks pretty neat.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Yay! Now things aren't useless!
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:58 pm

bobosmith01 wrote:I'd argue with Armageddon being 4 BP instead of 3, and removing Najarin's Loyal, but this looks pretty neat.
    Done and done.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Good stuff. Gotta do the 4kids cards too though. Mommark is probably the only good one. I've seen Ulfhedinn used well with ikkatosh dagger but Brathe is a better substitute. I'm just saying some creatures work better without elements and some do. Hoton should have Most of the elements if not all.. They were making another creature have elements in Fire and Stone (Tassanil, High danian elementalist) maybe make him an elementalist strategist and take out support wisdom 5. Maybe Iparu should Gain the opponents energy.. and his scanned should be lowered by like 10 or 15..

MishmoshMish and skreeth gains range and maybe Mish does an additional 5 damage with attacks that aren't in the discard by the same name. (Like an opposite Taffial effect cause he's mixed match?) Might be a little over powered for the guy but it's different and makes him useable.

They should add something to rdeuce reckless for the underworlders as an ability..even if it's just by 5 like add it to agitos cause he gives them direction and his abbility is as useless as decreshendo. Arkanin's a different story..

It helps to pair up a little to the show and make the cards useful. Like Fortissimo should give like 15 to al instead of 5. (It doesn't make you a giant but it's a big boost all around and gain is better than heal) Decreshendo should deal 10 and have the opponents next attack deal 10 less. (Already covered that). Neff always looked cool to me but his ability was lackluster maybe he can have 3 mugic Counters and he can have 3 mc revive a creature and put then back on your side of the battle board with no counters. He'd be loyal. Idk
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:07 pm

I did say I wouldn't get involved in this but them I remebered the one thing I didn't really get about DoP.

the location balancing

2 problems for me

1. there's 1 location that boosts each elements attacks that's fine then fire and air each get another location that boosts them that's also fine but instead of 1 water and 1 earth we get 2 water (riverlands and doors) whats up with that? Make 1 of those earth.

2. there all also 3 locations with stat boosting effects, crystal cave makes the first attack do 0 for speed. fear valley lower E by 10 for courage. Castle pillar give mugic for wisdom (which is arguably better but its also unique so evens out). but then forest of life give a measly 5e for power. I think it should be 10

yeah that's it
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Agame are you suggesting that OP (organized play) cards be considered in the DoP set? Or just that we should take a look at that set.

Oh and 4kids cards are now part of base DoP.

@Chiodosin1  put in an edit for forest of life and the other stat based locations.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:45 pm

The organized Play cards are bad enough to where I think they need a rework is what I was saying.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Added link for card submission survey. Feel free to voice your opinions!
    lilsnoop
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : lilmeth
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Dawn of Perim Remastered Project Empty Dawn of Perim Reboot

Post by lilsnoop Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:24 pm

Okay, if Chaotic were to come back from death what would you change with a DoP re-release? For example, I would give Maxxor three MC and make his ability heal 15 instead of 10. Chaor...his ability needs work. For the elemental battlegear you don't need to sacrifice to use them. I hated that. It made no since to me that you had to sacrifice a gun in order to use it. Other cards would be Zalic, Fortissimo, and Owis.
    Rhysman77
    Rhysman77
    Common

Chaotic Username : MasterRhys
    Chaotic Coins : 10

Post by Rhysman77 Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:08 pm

Wait is it Coming Back????????????????

Post by Guest Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:54 am

I'd make Ario's max energy reach 60. Actually I'd probably raise the base energy of pretty much all the creatures from DOP xD there are some sweet creatures in it but their energy makes them incompatible with the later creatures.
    lilsnoop
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : lilmeth
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by lilsnoop Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:59 am

I don't think that the energy should be raised as it is the first set. Just that there were problems like Chaor's ability being unplayable and Tangath being a SR despite being a very bad card. However, we did get meek cards as a result of it.

Sorry, Chaotic isn't coming back for now.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:08 am

well I'm not saying chaor needs an energy boost but many of the anime favourite characters are so weak that they could never be used properly in a deck. It's a real shame.

Ario is one of my absolute favorites who never received new release in any of the later sets. It would be sweet to have him at 55-60 energy so he could be used in my strike deck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm