Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

disarm vs spectral viewer

alvarinix
    alvarinix
    newb

Chaotic Username : Player
    Chaotic Coins : 7

disarm vs spectral viewer Empty disarm vs spectral viewer

Post by alvarinix Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:22 pm

spectral viewer: equiped creature is inmune to invisibility abilities

invisibility disarm: at the beginning of combat, battlegear equipped to creatures engaged with,  lose all abilities

if both cards are engaged who resolves first?
    in example:
    my opponent know i use mipedians Mipedian  and go with spectral viewer battlegear, but my mipediam have invisibility disarm, and also invisibility strike

if resolves first the spectral viewer, then I lose both abilities (the strike and disarm) but if the disarm resolves first, i maintain my strike because spectral viewer lose it's ability

so... what resolves first? thanks XD
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

disarm vs spectral viewer Empty Re: disarm vs spectral viewer

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

the errata text is actually very important here.

this is what it says for spectral viewer.
    "When equipped Creature becomes engaged, Creatures engaged with it lose and cannot gain Invisibility."

the active players trigger goes on the burst first, followed by the nonactive player. since they resolve in reverse order the nonactive players resolve first. so basically when 2 or more effects happened at the same time whoever's turn it isn't will have their effect(s) resolve first.

BUT this particular case involves another rule though.

from the errata we see both are triggered abilities that happen at the beginning of combat. The important thing about triggered (and activated) abilities is that once they trigger they are independent from their source. this means if something happens to the source (like the BG getting destroyed) while the ability is on the burst, the ability still happens.

this means no matter which one goes first the other will still also happen. so the spectral veiwer will end up with no abilitys (which won't matter super much) and the mipedian will end up with no invisibility and unable to gain it. aka its gonna be bad for the mipedian either way.

if that was unclear at all let me know.
    alvarinix
    alvarinix
    newb

Post by alvarinix Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:15 pm

so clear
    thanks a lot
    also I don't know that spectral viewer, also negates new invisibility sources like mugic :O
    I take the description from here, in the collection section but thanks for the info
    Attachments
    disarm vs spectral viewer AttachmentB_Spectral-Viewer.png
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (158 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
    alvarinix
    alvarinix
    newb

Post by alvarinix Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm

but... if i have invisibility disarm and my oponent have a wind whip (if equiped creature is a mipedian it gains Air Element air )
    win air is considered a triger ability too? so doesn't matter if i have dissarm the opponent creature will gain Air Element ?
    so disarm only is useful to BG that have a continuos effect, in example Xerium armor (if equiped creature would take more than 20 damage from an attack it takes 20 damage instantead)
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:53 pm

again your gonna wanna look at the errata, (its in the description of all the cards both here and on tco) you see all cards that have static effects that used to say "gain" now say "have" so now it says
    If equipped Creature is Mipedian, it has Air.
    If equipped Creature is a Conjuror, Warbeasts you control have "Recklessness 5."

so you can see now that wind whip is a static effect and therefore switched off by disarm

and yes disarm mostly just stops these continuous type effects. or certain activated or triggered ones who you don't want to use at the beginning of combat.
    alvarinix
    alvarinix
    newb

Post by alvarinix Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:10 pm

ok thanks i'm starting to make a videogame to play online with all automatic (it's a little tedious on cambiacartas. com, and in sometimes both players forget locations effects or abilities) I hope don't have copyright problems because i want to make it free and also all the cards are here (if wasn't removed from here, less for a poor know videogame)

this will help me a lot thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:59 pm