Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters
  • Reply to topic

We're going about this all wrong...

CladNKaos
CladNKaos
Common

Chaotic Username : Airsoftman
Chaotic Coins : 15

We're going about this all wrong... Empty We're going about this all wrong...

Post by CladNKaos Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:12 am

It looks like I may have been misinformed- I will be continuing further research

-----------------------------
Hey guys, Air here.  It's been awhile, but there's been a lot going on that made me think of you all.  However, I'll get right to the point.  I have read several attempts at bringing this game back, and each one has excited me... until I read later in the forum that it is dead.  In review of these attempts, it may be traced back to a singular reason.

This singular reason revolves around the players, and is in no way a negative thing, but it is rather an attempt to use the tools that we have available to us individually.  Most times, this goal has been sought after through the eyes of a creative.  "We're creating an online game... a tabletop simulator... a new online drome...", etc.  This is great!  This is a tool that we need in the game if we will ever bring it back, but it is not the only tool or perspective we need on this.

It is the perspective of a businessman that we require.  Let me ask each of you, you passionate players that have contacted Mr. Gannon in regards to the rights or return of the game, how many of you have asked Mr. Gannon what his sale price would be for the rights?  There are a couple things to consider here.  A.) If Mr. Gannon does hold the rights, but he is not using them for anything- then they are not bringing him any money, which as a businessman is exactly what you do not want.  B.) If they're not bringing him any money, then if we were to offer money (Assuming that rights are free and clear) for the rights, trademarks, and intellectual property- what would be to keep him from accepting our offer?

Now, it is likely that he would like an absurd amount of money from any single individual of us, as he should, but there are ways to get this money.  I have begun talking to Greymetal (My co-owner of Chaos Theory Cards) about building campaigns to obtain the funds to purchase the rights.  Our first step to this was to gauge the remainder of the community.   If the response is positive, we will reach out to request a sale price for Chaotic rights, trademarks, and IP and a timeframe within which to raise the funds.  After we have received official communication, we will post the response here along with the remainder of our plan to revive the game.

So my final question is this, if Mr. Gannon did come back and state that he would sell all rights, trademarks, and intellectual property to a new corporation of shareholders- what would you be willing to financially contribute to be involved in the redevelopment of the game?  You don't have to post your responses yet, but please think about it.

P.S.
To whoever called me, "King of the Trade Forums", one day- thank you.  Recently, I have become somewhat fed up with my time as an EMT and you have encouraged me to pursue business.  You made me realize I learned the fundamentals early on, and could easily apply them today to be successful.  

-Airsoftman aka Elijah Miller

Last edited by CladNKaos on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chiodosin1
Chiodosin1
Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
Chaotic Coins : 1095

We're going about this all wrong... Empty Re: We're going about this all wrong...

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:13 pm

the problem is gannon DOESN'T own the rights to it, nobody really does, its still stuck in legal limbo, he's stated before that if he had the opportunity he'd like to bring the game back but its not possible at this time.
CladNKaos
CladNKaos
Common

We're going about this all wrong... Empty Re: We're going about this all wrong...

Post by CladNKaos Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Then the information I found may have been wrong because what I have heard is that it has cleared legal battle and the rights have been solely left with Gannon. Can you please provide your source?
Chiodosin1
Chiodosin1
Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Mostly just word of mouth from blargs (who's spoken with ganon a few times)
CladNKaos
CladNKaos
Common

Post by CladNKaos Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Is Blargs still active?
A quick review of the trademark office shows that the trademark is considered dead. The copyright office is showing that the rights still reside with 4kidstv, but I know that when a company goes under it's common for the assets to be divided up and not properly documented/reported unfortunately.

If there's interest- I will at least attempt to get into contact with Blargs and maybe Gannon through him. I've already contacted Mmax to see if she knows how to get a hold of Blargers.
Chiodosin1
Chiodosin1
Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:01 pm

I wouldn't say active, he pops in from time to time, and someone asks him about comebacks almost everytime he does lol.
CladNKaos
CladNKaos
Common

Post by CladNKaos Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:09 am

I may have found a couple better leads through some research. If anything comes of it, I'll post here. Otherwise, I'll hopefully bump into you all in Discord soon.
iskandar711
iskandar711
Common

Chaotic Username : iskandar711
Chaotic Coins : 7

Post by iskandar711 Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:36 am

good luck
CladNKaos
CladNKaos
Common

Post by CladNKaos Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:29 am

Just an update, I found out that 4licensing has it listed as property on their website. I know this is old news. However, I also found out that this was related to a company based out of England as part of 4Kids International. This company just closed 5 months ago. I am currently working to get in touch with one of the directors of that company, but there is also a small chance that some of the rights may have been forfeited to the crown if they we're holding them and they weren't sold. I'm not really sure how licensing like that works on an international scale, but I'm still digging..

Next update may be a little bit out. Testing for my personal trainer this week and need to study. I will post if I get a hold of anyone though.
Mattwo
Mattwo
Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
Chaotic Coins : 92

Post by Mattwo Wed May 16, 2018 3:23 am

CladNKaos wrote:Just an update, I found out that 4licensing has it listed as property on their website.

They own the distribution rights for the cartoon, of course it's there... They do NOT own the franchise. Tai Chi Chasers is there too and that's an Anei (korean cartoon).

In fact they only own all of two registered trademarks:

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4810%3Adhdd7k.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=4licensing+corporation&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA2%24OW&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:54 am