Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Barrath Beyond, Underworld General

ziro207
    ziro207
    Common

Chaotic Username : ziro2hiro
    Chaotic Coins : 51

Barrath Beyond, Underworld General Empty Barrath Beyond, Underworld General

Post by ziro207 Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:16 am

I'll try to keep the natural flow of the card review going so that everything looks nice.

General description:
    Barrath is probably the least used out of all the Forged Unity generals, and for a good reason. The price to activate his abilities are the sacrifices of your own teammates, though each of these abilities are quite good in their own rights. Barrath is a super, so he's not extremely easy to obtain. He's also legendary, which means you can't use the other generals with him. But if you're willing to overcome his steep prices, you'll be able to find the single most powerful general of the four, well, at least when Tangath Toborn doesn't have a Mipedian by his side.

Strategies and game play:
    Barrath's stats by themselves are usual for an Underworlder. He has high power, good speed, and fire and air, along with good energy. These all make up for a very good front line fighter. To make the most use out of his abilities though will require more devotion to the general himself. You can stick a general's standard on one of your creatures to give them double duty for Barrath. More good cards to use would be Vidav, Master Strategist and The Northrange, as they can both can change creatures' tribes. My favorite way to use him is to give him a Mandiblor Crown and put Makanaz's and Ivelaan's in my deck so that whenever I sacrifice my creatures, I get big energy and stat boosts.

Ways to counteract it
    Instead of going head first into Barrath Beyond, you can go for the surrounding creatures so that he has no fuel for his abilities.You can also use Trills of Diminution while one of your creatures are engaged with Barrath. As for the compost strategy, you can either destroy the Mandiblor Crown or remove the dead Danians from the game.

Strengths/Pros:
    Good stats for an Underworld combatant
    Elements to expand the attack deck
    An ability that is very easy to manipulate as long as you are willing to devote cards to it

Weaknesses/Cons:
    No Mugic Counters
    His ability relies on sacrificing creatures.
    Without his abilities, some of the stronger fighters can overpower him

Artwork and Aesthetics:
    In my opinion, his sickness level went up an insane amount compared to his previous artwork. His head is surrounded by flames, which is awesome, and his armor looks beautiful. In his left hand, he's holding a helmet, or at least I think he is. I'm assuming that the helmet is from a fallen ally who sacrificed himself to his general, a very noble way to die.

Overall Rating:
    The Underworld General is a bit pricey all over, but if you are willing to build your deck around him, he'll do wonders; I'm a witness to them. Because the sacrifice of creatures is still a high price, I give Barrath Beyond, Underworld General a 7/10.

Note: It would be really cool if were able to get a review of every card!
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Barrath Beyond, Underworld General Empty Re: Barrath Beyond, Underworld General

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 am

I never really thought into using Danian compost with him... I just rechecked his text, and sacrificing a Danian gives him his best effect! Thanks for reviewing this guy.
    ziro207
    ziro207
    Common

Chaotic Username : ziro2hiro
    Chaotic Coins : 51

Post by ziro207 Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks! Barrath Beyond is one of my favorite cards, and I thought that he wasn't getting enough respect. I hope to do more reviews in the future!
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Pretty good review. I remember coming up with some strats when I first pulled mine. People never seemed to like him though, so I traded him away. It's too bad, maybe I would have used him lol.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:42 am

...blzv I thought you read threw A-Game Darini's Daily Decks... I had 3 decks with Barrath general. The compost deck like he stated but with a stelgar,vm in back with a mandiblor crown and I had some way to give stelgar 2 mugic counters using the 4 counters on ivelaans (I had 2 melody's of the meek)I gave the makanazes shrouds to give them air so they could fight (70e/fire air ...would be a waste to just leave unarmed) then I gave ivelaan each a lightning canister for an extra umph.

The second was a mipedian 3v3 , Xelfe x2 (2 gear glisanado 1 song of stasis) you give each xelfe a generals standard if it's your move then have them give him range. If it's theirs then have each flip up their standards and make 1 over, 1 danian . After 1 is over then have them do song of stasis on the strongest front row opponent. Make sure the xelfe in front is the over worlder. Now you got a beefed up barrathto dominate with. Maybe give him xerium armor or something.

3rd is a simple vidav converstion. Have a creature infect the opponent and have vidav make himself a danian. Song of infection (as I know you knew where that was going) and do it again to have a vidav with 8 counters (give vidav a flute frogot to mention) I would give barrath a Dread tred but yeah so give him agal wings and go crazy. The rest don't matter just make sure no underworld,generic or marrils. 8 counters would be quite useful.

2 on vidav making miped and danian 1 on each rebant (what i imagine you'd use if i remember right) to make miped and keep danian. So 4 counters left with 2 spots. Maybe helpful overworlders. Can be quite the show Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am