Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

MOA is back and hoping for some answers!

ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ManOfAction
    Chaotic Coins : 123

MOA is back and hoping for some answers! Empty MOA is back and hoping for some answers!

Post by ManOfAction Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:40 pm

So happy to have found this place and to see such an realistic, old looking copy. Anyways, name is ManOfAction. Glad to see some players are still around. So bummed when I saw the site was down because I was finally going to have fast enough internet to play in less than a month, but c'est la vie. Anyways, for those who do not remember me, I joined right at the beginning when DoP was the only set. I was a member for a while before any stores in my area even carried Chaotic cards. Did a lot of trading and deck building on the forums and I later hung out alot in off topic and the create-a-card sections. My big question though is, what happened? I have been super busy so I've not had time to log onto chaoticgame.com in a little while and I jump back on in preparation of being able to play and I find it down. Last time I was on there were repairs going on, mods had come back, and everything was pointing towards a future re-release of the game under new management. What changed in such a short period of time???

Last edited by ManOfAction on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

MOA is back and hoping for some answers! Empty Re: MOA is back and hoping for some answers!

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Honestly, we are lacking information. Back around June 20th the site went down, and noone told us anything. There is a website in place of it now: believed to be made by a fan. We've been chilling on here since.

Bad news is, I believe the servers also went down: which would be pretty bad.
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

MOA is back and hoping for some answers! Empty Re: MOA is back and hoping for some answers!

Post by ManOfAction Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:52 pm

That is a bit disappointing, but all is not lost. After all, there are a few things that point towards Chaotic being alive. Just wish I could play a good match right now. It has been a long time since I've done anything with my cards besides remember and strategize to kill time.
    SUPERBRADEN9
    SUPERBRADEN9
    Common

Chaotic Username : ZAK11544
    Chaotic Coins : 21

Post by SUPERBRADEN9 Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 pm

I don't know anything either. I had been registered under Chaotic since it had come out. I also, oddly, got a code around the week it went down, or supposedly went down. I wish they had left it up, or at least tried to make a substitute website. I'll never know what that code did. But it was from the Chaotic servers. I have to wonder... But still, everything has to end. We knew it would end eventually, we just hoped it would last. And honestly, I was surprised it stayed up so long after the show stopped. I don't get why it stopped on that random episode, Kicking Bot. Was it cancelled, or were the funds just... Gone.
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:52 am

SUPERBRADEN9 wrote:I don't know anything either. I had been registered under Chaotic since it had come out. I also, oddly, got a code around the week it went down, or supposedly went down. I wish they had left it up, or at least tried to make a substitute website. I'll never know what that code did. But it was from the Chaotic servers. I have to wonder... But still, everything has to end. We knew it would end eventually, we just hoped it would last. And honestly, I was surprised it stayed up so long after the show stopped. I don't get why it stopped on that random episode, Kicking Bot. Was it cancelled, or were the funds just... Gone.

Unless my memory fails me then everything basically ground to a halt because of the law suit that was going on. The next set, Fire and Stone, was set to release soon and there were even some events planned such as tournaments where you would have the chance to win some of the pack, but then the law suit was filed, everything was halted, and the production run ordered destroyed. Everything has basically just been in limbo due to that suit, but since it has been bought out and such I don't understand what has happened. I'd like to believe that the site is down for major renovations to take care of all the bugs and glitches before its big re-release, but nobody really has any idea what's going on. However, I do know that things had started to look up so I'm not ready to give in, and I've always been labeled a pessimist so that's gotta say something.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:20 am

No official announcement was ever released from kodo when they first took it over. Makes you wonder what they were doing, if anything.
    SUPERBRADEN9
    SUPERBRADEN9
    Common

Chaotic Username : ZAK11544
    Chaotic Coins : 21

Post by SUPERBRADEN9 Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:35 am

I just realized. If the Chaotic website had packs made up, why haven't we seen or heard anything about them? Were they destroyed?
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 pm

SUPERBRADEN9 wrote:I just realized. If the Chaotic website had packs made up, why haven't we seen or heard anything about them? Were they destroyed?

As I said the production run was ordered destroyed. Very few cards survived, though I have seen a select few floating around various auction websites.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:00 am