Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Potential issues

Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Potential issues Empty Potential issues

Post by Terabyte Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:52 am

So, from my reading at http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl108.html, it appears that if we were to develop another card game, we would be able to almost completely copy the general idea of Chaotic. What is protected under Trademark Law is the design and wording of cards and their effects.
    Also, http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metaschool/fisher/domain/tm.htm#6, looking at that, after 3 years, Trademark claims go out the window if they are not in use. In addition to the basic time stamp, "abandonment" can be inferred based on the way the trademarked material is being presented. If it seems like it is abandoned,  then it's fair game.
    Chaoticgame.com closes with, "Chaoticgame is currently closed"
    I don't think that qualifies as abandonment because they carefully chose the word, "currently". It doesn't mean Chaotic is back or in plans to be revived, but it is a basic protection they've set forth in order to avoid a group jumping on the chance for a quick buck.
    That's all I have right now, but other concerns would be welcome so we can look into ways to resolve them peacefully (and for a low cost).
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Potential issues Empty Re: Potential issues

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Well there apparently is going to be a huge legal battle... so I wish we could just stay clear... Although we can keep this as nonprofit - fanrun etc

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 am