Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Blitser
Max20102
GigaGagagigo
lilsnoop
Terabyte
plokjhgfdsa
ketac123
Missedme101
BlzvSprayTan
KingMaxxor4
ManOfAction
15 posters

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ManOfAction
    Chaotic Coins : 123

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better? - Page 2 Empty Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by ManOfAction Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:24 pm

It wasn't just in DoP. There were multiple cards released throughout that didn't reflect their TV counterparts at all. As for their reprints, those are a different matter entirely.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better? - Page 2 Empty Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:56 pm

I think DoP was the closest the game got to the show sadly...
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:47 am

^ +1
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:09 am

plokjhgfdsa wrote:notice the 'almost'  he didnt lose. thats all that matters xD
    How do you almost lose to something that does more damage to itself than you can do to it?

Marrillian wrote:What episode is this? And how do warbeasts exist without being conjured?
    The first warbeast episode...
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Post by plokjhgfdsa Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:50 pm

plokjhgfdsa wrote:fuaar dude tangath looked so over powered in the show :'(

you said it lol
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Post by plokjhgfdsa Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:51 pm

i dont know how to quote :'(
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:12 am

Another thing I thought was kind of annoying was how they introduced the coins before having anything set up for them. It just became an annoyance because every new player wanted to know, but nobody had an answer because other than telling us they would be used for something later, we knew nothing. On a side note I got to thinking about some cards that didn't match up and that brought me to locations. I always wondered what the Mugician's Arch location would have done, like the show's scanned copies from before it got destroyed. Of course that just brought me back to the Arch in general and 1 thing that will always annoy me is that unless something happens, we will never know what happens when all the pieces have been entered. Shoot, even if it comes back we may never know. Crying 
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Coins were just a bad idea in general Tongue They should have been awarded for wins instead of league rewards - and then players could buy virtual packs. (Would prevent card market flooding). I mean if they really wanted, they could give coins for cards too... I just didn't like the flooding that league rewards produced.
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

I was curious to see where they'd go with it. It was an interesting system, but the outcome was the thing. There were so many thoughts and suggestions for their uses, some good and some bad. I just think they should have already had it worked out beforehand because outside of some people's bragging rights, the coins offered nothing.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:25 am

I believe they wouldn't have implemented something that had not already been planned out.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:43 am

Don't put it past them...
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:55 am

I agree. The Top 20% getting a unique League Reward was good, but the flood of extra cards was a bit much. Although, if I remember correctly, the top 10 people got an Ultra, and then it quickly dropped so that like 60% of people wound up with a random Common or Uncommon. As the game progressed, it would have had less of an impact. The problem was that with such a small distribution of Ultras, there were so many LR copies released every two weeks.
    Coins should have been for card uploading and winning a Drome League. Have the ability to have a Card Shop where you could sell your Creatures similar to the Trade section, but instead it'd just be for a set coin price. Or auctions. Also, a special Drome where you could enter with a Coin Wager and fight for bigger prizes. Have a leaderboard of who had the most coins, just for the bragging rights. Finally, something simple, Avatar items.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:03 pm

I don't think wagering would be good for a "kids" game. And I don't like the idea of a leaderboard for coins. That's pretty much just saying "I'm rich enough to buy the most cards."
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Leaderboards should have been more cosmetic.. instead of getting cards you shouldve gotten a gold ring or something around your Avatar.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Too many gold rings lol...
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Well it could change with the season or something..
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Just imagine all the bling? Seriously the seasons were two weeks long. (I liked monthly much better.)
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:47 pm

IT WAS AN IDEA OKAY?
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:36 pm

So many ideas. Wonder why I stopped receiving email notifications?
    lilsnoop
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : lilmeth
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by lilsnoop Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Owis was a disapointment. I have no clue why he was a SR. Why did they had to downgrade Najarin's mugic counters down to 2 when he had 3 from his previous card. Maxxor and Chaor's downgrade in mugic I can understand because there is a backstory to it. Anybody else disappointed that the oringal Maxxor's max energy wasn't 70.
    GigaGagagigo
    GigaGagagigo
    Rare

Chaotic Username : GigaGagagigo
    Chaotic Coins : 119

Post by GigaGagagigo Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:20 pm

What about The Headmaster downgrade. His AU ability was not bad, but I think they should have just made a new creature instead of making the strong and mighty Headmaster Ankhyja into creature for mugic based decks only.
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Max20102
    Chaotic Coins : 706

Post by Max20102 Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm with u on that lilsnoop. Maxxor should have been atleast equal energy to chaor in his DOP and FU form. U know 70e.
    lilsnoop
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : lilmeth
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Post by lilsnoop Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Yeah. I can't belive they have made his lowest energy 55! i'm sorry but for somebody who is suppose to be the leader of the Overworld has 55 as his lowest is unaccpetable. He should of also had three MCs and a better ability. Like heal 20 instead of 10. Then you have Chaor's ability. What were they thinking when they were making this? Three MCs for a Refain of Denial(UW)? no thinks. It is also only good for himself.  I'm not a UW player but that is pretty painful to see such a powerful creature have such a lame ability. Either making it cost 1-2 MCs or don't even make it at all.

As I have been watching the show to catch up, I was wondering if they ever relesed Diminuendo, Fortissimo's counterpart. I just so happen to find out it is a real card and it still fails. You would expact that after listing to our complant's about how DoP made all the cards not live up to our expactions, that they would at least make fortissimo's counterpart playable.

Headmaster should have been left alone. He was one scary card and that just made a backliner. If they do reset this game I do hope they fix the errors that were made.  

But another qustion still stands: What could they have done to make this game as comparable to MTG or Net Runner? This game is potent enough to be comparble. Well, I think so anyway. This game has a rockin storyline and likable creatures. The only challeging thing that this game had/has is masters.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Hey now, Seeker of the Art is actually an amazing card. In terms of gameplay the way he plays became drastically different, but in relation to his character it makes far more sense. Putting a pseudo-Untargetable on every creature you control with air is an amazing ability. What's better is that you can still target the creatures yourself, and Ankhyja's not unique. Although unconventional, as someone who's spent a fair bit of time with the Mipedians I've always found it best to use the original Ankhyja for support anyway. He keeps your invisibility safe, and can give extra strike to your other creatures.

-----

Dawn of Perim was an interesting set to say the least. It gave us a lot of the game's staple cards, which were never replaceable, but at the same time a ton of the cards we really wanted to be awesome were disappointing. Have I ever used Chaor's ability? No, and I don't really plan to either, but in all honesty he doesn't need an ability to be an amazing creature. There's a reason every UW player who had the opportunity would use him back then.

Another thing to note is just how important the elements were back in DoPS. Stat decks didn't exist back then, so the more elements you could use the better. With all that considered Maxxor is an amazing creature on a whole number of levels. From memory he's got the third highest stat pool in the entire set, the two strongest elements, two mugic counters, and a useable ability.
    GigaGagagigo
    GigaGagagigo
    Rare

Chaotic Username : GigaGagagigo
    Chaotic Coins : 119

Post by GigaGagagigo Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Oh, I'm aware the new headmaster is very good, but I do think it should have been a different creature, and not a Headmaster. I just cannot picture the high and mighty strongest most used Mipedian out there as they created him in his newer form.  Tongue 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm