Chaotic Backup Forum

Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

cromax123456
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : cromax123456
    Chaotic Coins : 401

Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by cromax123456 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:42 am

I wonder if they could fix the stats of all the super rares in DoP. For the most part, Bodal beats them in stats. Pretty sure that's saying something XD
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Max20102
    Chaotic Coins : 706

Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by Max20102 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 am

lol, bodal is the shiieeeeetttttt! Tongue 

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Max, The Chaotic Player & Leader of Monkey to the Max Team
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Take out the 'the' and you have truth.

Every Beast has a purple lining.

~Tan
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:57 pm

FYI, I was being Sarcastic. lol Tongue Tongue 

Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:37 pm

I think they might have remade some cards not because it made sense story-wise, but to make it so that they couldn't be used together. Headmaster paired with another card that makes it untargetable while still getting a Battlegear might have been something they considered to be too risky for gameplay. The same way everyone who could used Chaor, they probably wanted to keep the diversity of Chaotic instead of limiting every tribe to a single combo, which is something I quite enjoyed about Chaotic.
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:16 pm

It's still nice to know that creatures aren't forgotten right after they're made Tongue we can even see some character development even without the show with some of them which is amazing in itself and one of the bigger reasons why I love Chaotic over other card games Big Grin
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:40 am

To me chaotic was unique. It incorporated elements of card games into something that function well.
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:34 pm

For me, it was like a easy puzzle where you knew where to put the pieces together easily and it never bored or upset me. Big Grin Big Grin 

cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Max, if I remembered you correctly, it's an easy puzzle involving amazing underworlders and Takinom's swift and range on a Skeletal Steed to beat up my backrow XD if not then awks... Hehe 
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 pm

lol oh yea, Those were the good times.

BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:56 pm

In regards to Chaotic's uniqueness, I believe Chaotic cards had identity. It is hard to play card games where cards almost seem to have their own rules or exceptions. In Chaotic, you had 6 of these, 6 of these and 20 of these. Plays are also made progressively, through combat etc; this allows for, in my opinion, more personalized counterplay.

~Tan
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:30 pm

I totally 100% Agree with u. Smile 

lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : lilmeth
    Chaotic Coins : 65

Post by lilsnoop on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:59 pm

I'm not hating on the old Maxxor or Chaor. Yes, Chaor himself makes a kicka ss powerhouse and mugic user as witness before. My Maxxor also made a good frontliner and was useful with his ability in time of need. But I also hate how they just give Maxxor 55 as his lowest energy. I mean thats in the average range for me.

Another thing that I think 4kids got wrong(as ususal) is card pricing. They priced the cards way to high and to early. Check this  out: http://www.toywiz.com/mtgmagic2015coresetjacethelivingguildpact.html vs http://www.toywiz.com/15chaoticperim.html

Their prices were so high. Jace is the poster boy for MTG and yet his prices is no where near Maxxor's(except one and that card is broken). He should of cost $40-$50. Sadly, I would kind of have to agree with the prices for now. I don't want to see everbody with a Smildon.

Chaotic is a good strategic game. It takes alot of skill to work with. I don't know why the bad reviews for the game. I'm 19 now and was building a deck 3 days ago and figured cards that I though were useless when I was 14 are actually useful. I used to hate Aivenna( have low to max E) but then I realized that she has good courage and wisdom, very high energy, outperform courage and wisdom, and supprot 5. Her card screams OW. So I build an awesome deck around her that I was I could have used back then.

A lot of people says that the game takes to long to build a deck and is complex. Then they recommed to go play Magic. Okay, If you play MTG and also do deck building than the time it takes you to build a deck in MTG will take you the same time if not longer to build all your Chaotic Decks(location, attack, battlegear, creatures, and mugic). About the complexity, isn't  MTG complex as will?
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:28 pm

I'm don't think you were replying to me, but while I'm at it I'll continue the discussion. I'm not hating on magic. The only reason I do not play magic is because the barrier to entry is high. As I said previously, Chaotic has 6 of these, blah blah blah, and that makes the break down of the game simple. Will you be jumping into Crellan the first week of picking up the game and pwning noobs? Of course not; but you will have a general understanding of what all is going on, even if you don't recognize most of the cards. Chaotic is easy to learn, hard to master.

People might complain that building a deck is hard, but that is why you learn what other people have built and use it(have you seen kakashie?). Unfortunately, Chaotic did not place you against equal opponents, which is possibly the cause of the misunderstanding that you have to build decks on your own if you want to do what your opponent just did. I would like to mention, though, it is very rewarding when you do take the time to make a deck from scratch.

Again I stress that other games' cards often call for specific counterplay, while counterplay in Chaotic mainly consisted of just good plays and your preemptive strategy working. AND even though cards were released a little too much stronger than the last pack, in my opinion, Chaotic did have a healthy meta game(there's a reason decks are still being built years after the last card was printed).

Honestly my only complaint with Chaotic is that Attack cards are far too hard to synergize with the rest of your deck.

~Tan
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:58 pm

Yeah. Attacks were always difficult to use.
    Creatures, Mugic, and Battlegear could be changed from deck to deck.
    Locations and Attacks were usually a simple skeleton and an extra card here or there to suit the deck. I wish we had gotten more Attacks. The first card of a set was excellent and I think was the most fun to work with. The variety when they introduce a new component is great, but with only 100 cards, they couldn't do much with it. Between 5 tribes, if they gave 5 Creatures, 3 Mugic for each tribe and 5 Generic, they've used up 45 cards. They still need Attacks and Locations. 5 creatures would be, in my opinion, too few to make the new set meaningful, but I really felt like most Attack and Location decks lacked variety. I liked when pages broke up evenly, so I would have preferred to see 9 creatures from a tribe, but that would have eaten up almost all of the set just with them.
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Post by lilsnoop on Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:45 pm

The 1st paragargh was for Astrum. The rest was for anybody in general for the topic. I agree with 100% what you said. The attack did seem hard to intergrate with your other decks. I also  wish that the attack cards were more balanced like in the past. I remembered that arggo decks would do 50-60 damage in one attack. As someone once said, "100 Energy isn't even enough these days."
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:14 pm

It is also why Xerium Armor became the most necessary Battlegear in the game. Notice I didn't say overpowered, I said necessary.

~Tan
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Post by lilsnoop on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Really? Well I can belive it.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2379

Post by Marrillian on Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:03 am

@BlzvSprayTan wrote:It is also why Xerium Armor became the most necessary Battlegear in the game. Notice I didn't say overpowered, I said necessary.
    This is why I never agreed with it being an ultra rare - same thing with primal smash. It was included in almost every "pro" deck build regardless of tribe or strategy. 
    Super for both of those at most.

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Xerium Armor should have been more valuable than droskin.  Tongue 

Terabyte
    Super Rare

Post by Terabyte on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:27 pm

That's how they sell the packs. Gotta make it hard to get. Tongue

They did do something similar to the Yugioh Gold packs with the Premium re-release. We could have probably expected the same to occur for MI and AU eventually.
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Post by lilsnoop on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:00 pm

I was that they allowed trading after trading with a player so your cards would not be locked. It was kind of dumb. There is also Entropy Monulator. But lets be honest here, how long is it going to last be for it gets destory, flip down, or disarmed?
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2379

Post by Marrillian on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:45 am

The locking was to prevent abuse, but they could have implemented such a better way to prevent the abuse

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:55 am

True. I hated locking my cromaxx that i got in a trade for use in battle. Pinch Pinch 

lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Post by lilsnoop on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:11 pm

How about you can only trade a card 3x?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 pm