Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Of Men and Mugic

monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : monkeymania1
    Chaotic Coins : 348
    Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Of Men and Mugic - Page 2 Empty Re: Of Men and Mugic

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Without My Eyes: Chapter Seven - Begging for a Miracle

---

Seth lay unmoving on the ground of the empty battlefield. Lord Van Bloot's forces were returning behind the walls of the city, and Chaor's army was hiding in the caves and crevices surrounding it.

Chaor limped back to where Seth laid. He picked up Seth's scanner and scooped the human into his arms. Takinom put an arm around Chaor's waist and supported him as he returned to the caves.

Chaor laid Seth on the floor. He searched for any signs of breathing or a heartbeat, but Seth's chest remained still. Chaor hollered, "Get the Mugics over here, now!"

Another creature hobbled over, carrying a large box. Chaor rummaged through it, examining a Mugisphere every so often. He turned and held one over Seth.

"Minor Flourish!"

Nothing happened. Chaor flung the Mugicsphere away and held up another.

"Saving Serenade!"

Still nothing. Chaor tore the box apart, searching faster then before. When he turned, a hint of panic crept into his voice.

"Song of Revival!"

A few feeble notes played, then quickly fell out of tune. Chaor roared and snatched a Cyclance from the wall. He placed the tip of the BattleGear against Seth's chest and bellowed, "Lightning Burst!"

A stream of electricity shot from the Cyclance, and Seth's body spasmed and contracted, then fell still. Chaor placed a hand on Seth's chest but felt nothing. He swore and fired another burst of lightning. Seth's arms pressed downwards, raising his chest as his body vibrated. Then he fell back to the ground. The was still no change.

Chaor grabbed Seth's hand and made his finger push a button on it. The screen flickered to life and displayed, "Scanner locked, please input password." Chaor stared at the screen in disbelief. He buried his face in his hands and screamed.

---

Seth floated. He stirred in the air. Where was this place? What's going on? He opened his eyes, expecting to see nothing, but instead he saw that he was floating in a sea of colors. He felt his face. No scars.

"You're early."

Seth's eyes widened. He new that voice. He had heard her voice each night in his dreams for fifteen years. He looked up and cried out with delight.

"Jenny!"

Seth tried to run forward, but with no ground, he couldn't move anywhere.

Jenny smiled. "Seth, it's been so long." She took a step forward, moving throught the air with ease.

Seth stammered, "I-is it over? Am I done?"

Jenny closed her eyes and shook her head. "Not quite. I know, Seth. You exist right now as two people, one on Earth and one elsewhere. You are the one who was elsewhere."

Jenny leaned forward and kissed Seth. As she drew back, Seth asked, "If I am not done, then what do I do?"

Jenny smiled. "You live. You live for your friend you made a day ago. One who didn't know 'til now how much he cared."

The surrounding lights began to fade, and Jenny fell farther and farther away. Seth shouted, "I love you!"

Jenny's voice, though it was only a whisper, rang out louder than wedding bells, "I love you, too."

---

Thump thump. Thump thump.

Chaor raised his head. Seth's hand was twitching. Chaor rushed forward and placed Seth's scanner in his hand. Seth smiled and pressed a button on the scanner. "Scanner locked, please input password."

Seth ran his fingers over the screen, spelling out, "J...E...N...N...I...F...E...R."

Seth vanished in a flash of light.

---
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Without My Eyes: Chapter Eight - Thanksgiving Day in Perim

--- (around a week later)

Deep in the caves where Chaor's forces were hiding, every creature was busy moving strange boxes and chickling to themselves. All except Chaor, that is.

"For the last time, what is so funny?!"

That question triggered another wave of laughter. Chaor had given up threatening them for information long ago and just sat exasperated.

Takinom stepped in. "You have nothing to worry about." She stopped beside Chaor. "Trust me, everything is going to make sense very soon."

Chaor's response was to roll his eyes. He stopped himself in the middle of it. Arg, of all the things that he could have inadvertently copied from the humans, and it was the eye-roll.

Takinom sat down on Chaor's lap. "What's bothering you?"

Chaor sighed. "It feels like the whole world is celebrating for some reason, and that I can't join in."

"Why not?"

"I ran away. Yes, it was the smartest thing to do. Yes, I'm going to get another chance. But a human without eyes could see it and I couldn't."

"Oh," Takinom said, and laid her head on Chaor's chest.

A flash of light appeared, and Takinom fell off in surprise. Chaor shot out of his seat, hands blazing. Standing in the middle of the room was Seth.

Seth stood still for a moment, then said, "Whoops. Did I interrupt something?"

Chaor sat back down as the flames surrounding his hands went out. "No, nothing at all."

Seth's expression revealed that he thought otherwise. "I hear you walking out the room, you know." Takinom stopped. Seth continued, "Anyway, if you turn to the right in this room and enter the fifth door on your left- and I'll just leave the rest for you to figure out. And with that, Seth vanished in another flash of light.

---

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Seth grinned as Chaor and Takinom entered the mess hall. "It's a human holiday where we give thanks for the things which we have."

Chaor looked around the room in shock. He didn't remember any of these kinds of foods being anywhere in storage. Sitting around each table were both creatures and humans. Takinom smiled at Chaor. "Is it all making sense, now?"

Chaor nodded, speechless.

---

During the feast, Chaor noticed a few odd things. When Vyll had discovered he was sitting next to Seth's son, Adam, he had fallen off his chair and scrambled for the door. Rothar was getting more and more incoherent as he drained a mug filled by a large barrel in the corner of the room over and over. Most uncomfortably, Seth had decided to sit right in front of Chaor and Takinom, eyes closed.

"So, when is it?" Seth suddenly asked.

"Hmm?" Was all Chaor could say, his mouth was full of the strange bread-like thing that had been stuffed inside what Seth had called a "turkey". He tried to wash is down.

"Even a blind man like me can see it. When's the wedding?"

Chaor coughed, spraying his drink everywhere. Seth had already ducked under the table before finishing his question, but the creatures behind him weren't so lucky.

"What?" Chaor blurted. Takinom laughed.

Seth said from under the table, "Has the rain stopped?" He sat back up. "Agitos tells me that you two have been 'cuddling' the entire time, so I just assumed..."

Seth ducked under the table again as Chaor chucked the contents of his plate at him, and once again the creatures behind Seth got splattered again.

Rothar stumbled over to Chaor and shook his hand. "Congrathulathus, Chaaorrr," he slurred. Chaor noticed that Rothar's eyes were pointed in odd directions. Rothar belched and fell down.

Seth turned when he heard the noise. He sniffed, then wrinkled his nose. "I would like to inform you that it wasn't my idea to bring whatever he's drunk with."

---
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Seven Notes: Chapter Zero - Test Run

--- (Perim)

Najarin had never witnessed anything like this before.

Whenever a new Mugic, one that nobody has ever created before, is made within a certain distance of Lake Ken-I-Po, a new page appears in one of Najarin's books. The new page describes the Mugic and its creator by name, the tribe they belong to, and the basic abilities of the Mugic. This book mainly had Mugic Najarin had made. This time something else had happened. Except for the name of the Mugic on the top of it, the page was blank.

"Echo-Location," Najarin read. Even if the rest of the page was blank, simply knowing the Mugic's name could reveal something of its abilities.

Suddenly, seven notes rang out in the air, and a pillar of light appeared in the middle of Lake Ken-I-Po, which vanished as quickly as it had appeared. Najarin floated out the window and saw someone frantically swimming for shore. When he drew closer, he recognized the figure. Tiaane's human student, Adam.

---

Adam sat in Najarin's study, wrapped in a blanket and sitting next to the fireplace. He was explaining what he had been doing.

From the papers I've copied from all the tribes, I determined that I knew enough to test making one myself."

"And you made one near here?" Najarin inquired.

"Yeah. I use that cave on the north side of the lake for stuff like that."

"And then you casted the Mugic without any knowledge of what it does?"

"Well, I don't know how to explain it completely, but I felt like I knew the name of it the instant it appeared." Adam paused. "Yeah, that wasn't very smart."

Najarin couldn't help but feel impressed, however. Either Adam had talent for finding notes that could create Mugic or was simply very lucky. "Where did you get the Mugical energy to make it?"

"You already know the answer," Adam rolled his eyes. "You make Mugic here all the time."

Najarin thought for a moment. "Do you by any chance have another-"

"Here it is," and Adam held up the Mugisphere. "In fact, it didn't break when I used it."

Adam handed to Mugic to Najarin. "Thank you. I'm curious about what this can do."

---
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Seven Notes: Chapter One - Unwanted Attention

---

Deep inside Lake Ken-I-Po, the water was fresh and clear. Erak'tabb didn't like it. However, despite all their planning and research, the M'arrillians had not found a way to make these waters more comfortable.

Also uncomfortable was that Aa'une had insisted Erak'tabb bring no minions with him. Erak'tabb felt exposed and defenseless. The fluidmorpher Phelphor wasn't helping things.

"Awww, is the great Erak'tabb shaking? Is the water too cold?"

Erak'tabb snarled. "Silence, you ancient worm. This is difficult enough without your taunts."

"Yes, yes, 'Keep your eyes on the human.' Why is the human important?"

Erak'tabb spun around and hissed, "It's the human Muge! Walter's elder brother? You remember Walter at least, don't you?"

---

Adam looked at his scanner and sighed. The screen was on the fritz again. He'd figured out a while ago that hosting a Mugician prevented him from using his scanner properly.

Najarin had been popping in and out of the room, grabbing books and instruments. Adam had decided to sit by the window to stay out of his way. He happened to glance out.

Adam rubbed his eyes. There were two M'arrillians in the water, one green and another red.

"Najarin? We have company."

Najarin looked out the window as well. "Stay here," he ordered, then strode out of the room.

---

Erak'tabb swore under his breath. "He's seen us. Get down."

The two M'arrillians dove deep beneath the water. Soon, Najarin flew above the water, searching its depths.

Phelphor muttered, "I can take him on." He began to swim to the surface, but Erak'tabb grabbed him and pulled him downwards.

"Najarin can dispel your Mugic with a wave of his hand! Besides, he isn't our target!"

"He may not be our target, but he still is an obstacle! Let me go!"

Phelphor struggled against Erak'tabb's tentacles. Erak'tabb tightened his grip and tried to pull Phelphor down.

---

Najarin noticed the disturbances in the water. He recognized the green M'arrillian from the Riverlands. Erak'tabb. The red one was unfamiliar to him.

[The red one is Phelphor.]

Najarin almost fell out of the air. [Adam! How-]

[Song of Thought Sending. I know, I'm sorry, I shouldn't use your stuff. Phelphor is a fluidmorpher.]

[Song of Thought Sending? That's an Overworld Mugic!]

[I know. Listen, Phelphor can move creatures around with his mind. He talks big and tough, but he's really a bit of a coward.]

[How do you know all this?]

[When Wally memorized who was in the M'arrillian army, I didn't really have a choice but to do it, too. Let Wally beat me? No way!]

The entire conversation had taken a second. Najarin prepared himself, and dove into the water.

---
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Seven Notes: Chapter Two - Coral Problem

=====

Erak'tabb and Phelphor darted through the water, dodging Najarin's attacks. Erak'tabb snarled. Plan A had failed, and Plan B, thanks to Phelphor's bloated ego. Erak'tabb didn't like Plan C, but it was his only option now.

---

The Kha'rall sat patiently, waiting for a signal. Do not move unless given a sign. Do not move-

A pillar of water shot out from the center of Lake Ken-I-Po, and the Kha'rall snapped to his feet. His four legs twitched, and suddenly he blazed across the surface of the lake, leaving only ripples as he skimmed the surface. The door to Najarin's tower stood ahead. The Kha'rall leaned his body forward and covered his head with an enormous arm.

---

Adam blinked. He was sure he had seen something dart across the lake.

There was a large crash below. Somebody had gotten into Najarin's tower! And whoever it was wasn't slowing down, Adam could hear the commotion as the intruder smashed through Najarin's defenses.

Adam ran into Najarin's storage room, with all the Mugispheres hanging in the air. He began to pluck some from their resting place and shoved them into his pockets.

Adam muttered under his breath, "Song of Futuresight. Canon of Casualty. Prelude to Dominance. Song of Geonova." Each Mugic he named left their spot in the air and drifted to Adam's hand.

---

The Kha'rall stood in the large central room of Najarin's tower. Normally, searching the place would take forever. The Kha'rall drew a BattleGear, the Mipedian Balladeers' Flute, out from the sleave of his armor. He closed his mouth over one end and blew.

Two Mugicians sprang from the other end. One hovered close to the Kha'rall, while one floated away. The Kha'rall opened his mouth wide, and the Mugician glided into it and flowed down the Kha'rall's throat. The Kha'rall gagged for a moment, then searched for the other Mugician. He spotted it gliding to a room on the floor above.

---

Adam saw movement behind him and spun around. A Mugician? The Mugician floated directly towards Adam and passed into his chest.

---

The Kha'rall was already at the top of the stairs. He opened a sack worn around his hips and took a Mugisphere out from it, casting the empty sack away. He raised the Mugisphere into the air and, in a deep, gutteral voice, declared, "Deep Song of Riptide!" A circle of light appeared in the air above him, and he let himself be lifted upwards.

---

Adam heard the Mugic begin to play, and a light formed on the ceiling. Adam discovered that he was no longer touching the ground. Adam flailed, trying to find something to grab, as he flew up.

---

Adam blinked. He was nowhere near Lake Ken-I-Po. He looked around. He was standing on an enormous object hanging in the air. Adam peered over the edge. Far below was the flooded Rao'Pa Sahkk desert. Adam was standing on the Chimeguard.

Adam heard a skittering sound above him and looked up. The Kha'rall, Vitar'zu was leering at him. The Kha'rall raised his enormous fist and shashed it onto the Chimeguard.

Adam fell to his knees, covering his ears and screaming.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Seven Notes: Chapter Three - The Song of Doom

=====

The Chimeguard vibrated, producing an eerie sound. Adam couldn't stand it. His vision bounced forwards and backwards as the sound continued.

The place where the Kha'rall had smashed his fist began to glow, and two Mugicians erupted from it. Adam saw the Kha'rall swallow one of then, while the other drifted towards him. Was the Kha'rall _giving_ him Mugicians?

Wait. Adam couldn't use his scanner while he had a Mugician! Vitar'zu was trying to trap him on Perim!

The Kha'rall slowly stalked closer. Adam plunged his had into his pocket and flung a Mugisphere out. "Canon of Causualty!"

A red light appeared above Vitar'zu, and the Kha'rall covered his head. Adam took another Mugic, the Song of Translocation, but stopped himself. If he casted it now, Vitar'zu would be dragged along as well. Adam turned and jumped off the Chimeguard.

Suddenly, something wrapped aroung Adam's leg, and he lost his grip on the Mugisphere as he stopped abruptly. Adam looked up and saw a Vine Snare wrapped around his leg, extending from the Kha'rall's fingertips. Glowing on Vitar'zu's chest was a Shard.

Vitar'zu arm swung backwards, then whipped upwards. Adam flew in a circle and crashed back onto the Chimeguard. Another haunting note filled the air, and more Mugicians sprang from it.

Adam staggered to his feet. Ouch. Ow ow ow.

---

Ihun'kalin heard the cound of the Chimeguard. So Vitar'zu got the human. The M'arrillian began to drift lazily towards the large instrument in the sky.

---

Adam had to think quickly. He had no more Mugic that could get him off here. He needed to get rid of all his Mugicians at once.

Vitar'zu slowly stepped forward, his hand clenched and his claw reaching forward. The human was grabbing Mugispheres from his pockets, looking for one in particular. What could the human be trying?

Adam found it. "Tonal Destruction!"

Adam vanished behind a cloud of Mugicians. As they traveled up to the Mugisphere, Adam grabbed his scanner and-

The Kha'rall shouted, "Timeslow!"

Adam couldn't move! The air around him felt like stone! The Kha'rall tackled Adam, knocking the scanner out of Adam's hand and pressing him onto the Chimeguard. Another note rang from the Chimeguard, and more Mugicians came out.

Vitar'zu pressed Adam's arms onto the surface of the Chimeguard. Adam kicked the Kha'rall's chest. Ow. The Kha'rall didn't even flinch, and Adam's foot was in even more pain. The Kha'rall snarled into Adam's face. Adam spat.

The Kha'rall srang up, clutching at his eyes. Adam crawled over to his scanner...

It was gone. Vitar'zu stood in front of Adam, holding his scanner. Adam looked up and saw the Kha'rall's fist flying towards his face-

---

Ihun'kalin saw a human fly off the Chimeguard, and a Vine Snare firing off towards him soon afterwards. The vines twisted around the human, and Vitar'zu hauled the human back up.

The Kha'rall stated, "You took your time."

Ihun'kalin noticed, "And you didn't waste any time."

"He spat in my face."

The M'arrillian chieftain rapped his tentacles on the Chimeguard seven times. The air above began to twist, and a hole appeared in the sky. Ihun'kalin wound his tentacles around the Kha'rall and the human and flew up.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Seven Notes: Chapter Four - Jellyfish Tattooist

=====

Adam opened his eyes. He was in a small room. Bluish-green light was coming from some kind of plant on the wall.

Adam's wrists were tied to the wall by a slimy, transparent rope. He tried to shake it free, but his wrists wouldn't budge from the wall.

Adam noticed that his clothing had been changed. He wore a pair of long pants and an open vest made of . . . fish scales?

This must be a M'arrillian city, Adam thought. Psikoom City? Another I don't know about?

Laughter was coming from beyond the wall in front of him. There were many voices, some sounding like ocean waves, others sounding like thunderstorms. There was one voice in particular that stood out.

The voice said, "But now, my friends, now we hold something far better! This being came upon these secrets within just a few risings and settings of the suns!"

This caused murmuring and muttering in the crowd. Adam leaned forward, trying to hear.

"In fact, the Master saw fit for this being to join with us this day! Let us welcome our guest!"

Another transparent rope wrapped around Adam's chest and forced him to stand. The wall in front noisily began to lower. Soon, it had completely lowered, and Adam stood in front of a gathering of M'arrillians.

The crowd was silent. The voice said, "Come now, is that any way to treat our 'honored guest'?" The voice belonged to Silir'ean, the Songthief.

The crowd erupted with laughter. Chieftains fell out of the air, fluidmorphers applauded, and Kha'rall swung their fists to the floor, their cheers of triumph bouncing off the ceiling and walls.

"He looks thirsty!" one of the fluidmorphers jeered. "Get him a drink!"

Another looked up and down at Adam. "Look at him. He'd break you in half if you got near him!"

"Cowards!" a Kha'rall roared. Vitar'zu grabbed a bowl from a table and marched up to Adam. He threw the filthy water in Adam's face. As Adam sputtered, trying to shake the water from his face, Vitar'zu leaned close and whispered, "You cost me my pride. You had better be worth it."

Adam weakly smiled. "I'd do a repeat performance, but I'm afraid I'm all out of spit."

Vitar'zu's eyes widened. He sna.tched another bowl of water, poured it into his mouth, and forcefully spat it into Adam's face. The crowd laughed even harder.

--- (Earth)

"And now Aer'day has no energy," Adam finished.

Wally picked up the cards and placed them on the discard pile. "Just you wait. I'm going to get you next time."

Seth stopped reading. "Wally, remember, just a game. Don't freak out about it." He began to run his fingers over the pages of his book again.

Adam chuckled and flipped over a new location card.

--- (Perim)

Now Adam stood in the center of the so-called stage. The slimy ropes that had tied him to the wall now held him between two large pillars. Silir'ean approached, holding a strange wet rag-like object.

"What is that?"

Silir'ean laughed. In response, the fluidmorpher plucked a thin tentacle from it and stroked it across his own chest. A long red welt appeared across Silir'ean's chest.

Adam gasped and struggled against the ropes even harder.

"Prepare the human's scanner!" Silir'ean ordered. A blue stream of light appear from above, and Adam looked up to see a Kha'rall on the ceiling, holding his scanner, and pointing the scan-beam at him.

"What's this a- no. No! Please, no!"

"I see you figured it out, Adam." Silir'ean grabbed Adam's arm with one arm and brought the jellyfish's tentacle close. "Welcome to the M'arrillian tribe, Adam."

"NO!"

--- (Earth)

"My attack!" Wally flipped over his location card. "Yes! Path of the Oligarch! Aa'une the Oligarch attacks-"

Wally yelped and jerked back his hand. Adam's eyes went wide, and Seth stopped reading again. Seth asked, "What is it?"

Wally stared at Aa'une's card, then at Adam.

Adam's arm suddenly seared with pain. "ACK!" He dropped his cards and gripped his arm. Painful red lines were appearing in his skin. They began to trace higher and higher up his arm.

Adam felt his heart begin to race, and he began to sweat uncontrollably. His breath was catching in his throat.

Wally grabbed Adam. "Adam! Hang on!" Then he turned to Seth. "Dad! Jellyfish stings!"

Seth jumped to his feet, knocking his book to the floor, and rushed to the bathroom to get the epinephrine. When he returned, Wally grabbed the phone and began to dial.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Seven Notes: Chapter Five - Anaphylactic Shock

=====

Seth and Wally sat in the hall as the doctors tried to slow Adam's allergic reaction. Seth held his face in his hands while Wally held Aa'une's card, whispering to it.

"Tell me what your doing, now!"

There was no answer.

Wally sighed. "Of all the times he could have clammed up."

Seth sat up. "We can't even go and help him. Why didn't I wait before going to Chaotic."

"We couldn't have known this would happen, Dad." Wally paused. "I need a phone."

"There's one at the front desk."

--- (Perim)

Mock'adyn placed his hand against Adam's chest. Silir'ean floated nearby, muttering impatiently. "Hurry up! You're taking too long."

"You need to be more patient. This is difficult enough already."

"What's so difficult? You put your hand on him, he becomes healthy enough for us to continue! It's always like that!"

"This is different. Something is wrong with the human, something that makes even this weak vemon dangerous. The longer you trace the welts into his flesh, the faster his heart beats. Too long, and it stops beating, period."

"Aa'une wants this done!" Silir'ean shoved Mock'adyn out of the way and tore the crude vest Adam wore away.

--- (Earth)

Adam's heart rate skyrocketed. Thin red marks continued tracing from where they had stopped at his arm, traveling across his chest.

Wally stood at the phone. "Pick up pick up pick up!" Click. "Paul!"

"Huh? Wally?"

"Are you in Chaotic?"

"No."

"Go there now! Get me and my dad, tell to port back!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Just do it! Please!" Wally slammed down the phone.

---

Seth sat on the bench, holding Adam's scanner in his hands. He was feeling across the back. Wally sat back down.

"What are you doing, Dad?"

Seth popped off the battery cover. "This thing is the only was in or out of Perim." He pulled out the batteries.

--- (Perim)

[No!]

Silir'ean paused. "What is it, Master?"

[The link! It's been cut!]

Silir'ean swore. "What do we do?"

There was a long pause. [We continue as planned.] There was another pause. [Walter Gray is formulating a plan already. Speed it up. This phase must be complete before Walter amasses his "army".]

"Army?"

[The plans are already clear in his mind. He plans to get his brother back by force if nescesary.]

Silir'ean smailed. "Won't the little human be surprised at who he must fight against."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Seven Notes: Chapter Six - Battalion From Two Worlds

===== (Chaotic, about a minute later)

William looked around. It was his third day in Chaotic, and already he was getting used to-

CRASH!

William went sprawling to the ground. He got up, yelling, "Hey! Watch it!"

A short kid with black hair continued running. "Sorry! No time to talk!"

William stood up and brushed himself off. That kid was going to pay for that. He stormed off, looking around.

--- (Perim)

Seth appeared in the middle of Najarin's study. "Najarin? I need some help."

"I'm right here." Najarin stepped through the door. "You are Adam's father, correct? I take it something happened to him? He vanished while I was expelling some 'uninvited visitors'."

--- (Chaotic)

Alex and Ray sat at the Crellen drome, watching the latest CodeMaster match in progress. Paul came running up behind them.

"Alex! There's a big problem!"

Alex sighed. "What is it now?"

"Remember Adam? The first guy your little brother beat? The M'arrillians have him behind the Door to the Deepmines!"

"Noah's friend?"

"Yeah, and whatever they're doing to him, it affected him on Earth, too!"

Ray turned around. "You want Alex to go into the Deepmines?" He grinned. "Can I come?"

--- (Perim)

Najarin looked around the dark cave. "Is this Aokua safe to be around?"

"just don't attack him and he won't-"

There was a gust of wind, and Seth vanished. Najarin jumped backwards, raising his arms. Then he heard Seth in the distance.

"Put me down! I need to talk to you!"

Najarin saw the creature land. By the time he reached the pair, Seth had already finished his request.

Aokua responded, "M'arrillians, eh? Are they tasty?"

Seth looked like he was going to get sick. "Yes . . . I'm sure that they're . . . delicious."

--- (Chaotic)

William finally found the kid who had barreled into him. He was speaking to a couple bigger kids.

One of them spoke up. "You're believing his little story, Fred?"

"Why not? Wally's never lied to us before."

"But this is ridiculous! It just can't happen!"

William spoke up. "Just like going to Perim just isn't possible? Hmm?"

All three kids looked back. "Hey, look John! It's Billy the Newbie!"

--- (Perim)

"And you want revenge against those M'arrillians for ruining your home, right?"

A grin crossed Hiadrom's face. "Yes. I would."

--- (Perim, a minute later, Doors of the Deepmines)

"And how are a bunch of kids going to fight the M'arrillians?" William exclaimed.

"Catch," said Wally, heaving a Pyroblaster. The BattleGear hit William in the stomach, knocking him down.

"So your dad's finding creatures to help us?" asked Ray. "I wonder which tribe?"

Wally pointed around the corner. "How about all of them? Here we are!"

---

Najarin examined the barricade. "The M'arrillians have been busy. The entire door is blocked."

Seth nodded. He was wearing another of Ulmar's modified BattleGear. "I can see that. But is it to keep us out, or slow us down?"

Qwun suddenly appeared beside Seth. "As much help as we'll need getting your son back," he stated, cringing at the words 'your son', "how are these little children going to be able to help?"

There was a large crash, and the three turned to look. Paul, wearing a pair of Gauntlets of Might, had blasted half the makeshift wall down.

"Oh."

"Lets get going!" Paul cheered. He drew his fist back a second time. "Force Strike!"

The remainder of the barricade shattered.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Seven Notes: Chapter Seven - Panic in the Deep

=====

"They are coming," Silir'ean muttered.

[Let them come.]

---

The work of two fluidmorphers was interupted as a chieftain flew overhead, calling out, "An army is coming!" A blast of ice hit the M'arrillian square in the back, freezing it solid. It fell out of the air and rolled on the ground.

A Mowercycle wheeled into view, an oddly short human driving it. The human steered with one hand while aiming a Liquilizer with the other-

Wally drove past the now-frozen M'arrillians.

---

Bolts of lightning fired from the ceiling as the Kha'rall scattered. While the rest of the thrown-together army fought on the ground, Seth flew over the battle with a Torwegg. Adam needed help, and he wasn't going to be slowed down.

---

Paul and Alex hid behind a pillar as M'arrillian soldiers marched single-file in their direction.

Alex whispered, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Dominoes?" Paul answered.

Paul leaped out from behind the pillar. "Power Pulse!" The glowing green fist that erupted from his Gauntlets of Might knocked the first M'arrillian over, which knocked the next M'arrillian over, which knocked . . .

---

William stood at the entrance of the Deepmines, clutching a Pyroblaster, shivering. He hadn't moved an inch.

"Uh, guys? I'm not even used to battling in the Dromes!"

Qwun appeared without warning. William screamed and pulled the trigger. Qwun arched backwards, letting the stream of flames hit the wall harmlessly.

"Nice shot," Qwun muttered. "Try to hit a M'arrillian with that, though."

Qwun grabbed William and dragged him into the Deepmines.

---

"The Gray family is getting close. There isn't any way to delay them."

[Let them come. I want them to be as close as they can get to victory before I take it all away. Summon me. I want to see it with my own eyes.]

---

Wally blazed down the corridors of the Deep, Najarin flying at one side, and Seth at the other.

"This is too easy," Wally muttered. "There's no resistance. Why don't they all just wear T-shirts saying 'This way to trap'?"

---

A Kha'rall noticed a blue light coming from behind him and turned. A human was standing there, viewing his scanner.

"Wow! Nice disciplines!" Ray marveled. Then he fired a stream of lightning from his Cyclance. "Too bad Energy wasn't one of the good ones."

---

Fred and John looked around.

Fred spoke up, "I think we were here before."

John said, "And what makes you think that?"

Fred pointed at a fallen fluidmorpher. "Because i distinctly remember punching that one in the face."

---

"The it is!" Wally sped towards the cavern. The same one where the M'arrillians tried to summon Aa'une before. Adam laid in the center of the-

There was a horrible sound of metal being torn, and Wally's Mowercycle shattered into pieces. Wally hit the ground and slid- THWACK!- into some kind of invisible wall. THWACK! So did Najarin.

Seth slowed down rapidly. "That wasn't there a second ago!" he exclaimed. The Torwegg began to sputter and pop. Seth fell unceremoniously to the ground.

Several walls opened up, and creatures and humans fell over each other into several piles on the ground.

A large voice cackled. "Oh, so close!"

Aa'une glided into view. "Oh, come now, Walter. Afraid to say hello to an old-"

"I'm not your friend!"

"Oh, I am truly sorry to hear that," Aa'une laughed. "I am! You see, I am willing to negotiate with my friends."

Seth stood up from the ground, covering his eyes. Ulmar's BattleGear had rusted away. "Give me back my son!" he shouted.

"Your son?" Aa'une grinned. "Ah, yes, technically he is still yours." He stroked his hand across his chin, pretending to think hard. "I have a solution to my little problem, I think. You see, none of _my_ "children" are here right now."

Wally screamed, "NO! Give him back! Don't do this, please!"

"And of course dear Walter has figured it out already," Aa'une cackled.

Aa'une appeared to melt in front of everyone's eyes. Various pieces of armor and clothing fell straight through him as if he were nothing but water. Eventually, he was just a puddle on the ground, flowing to the center of the room.

Where Adam was laying.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Seven Notes: Chapter Eight - To Fail So Close to the End

=====

Everyone could only watch as the puddle crept closer and closer to Adam. Wally tried to run forward. He couldn't move. The air around seemed to have frozen!

Najarin stood still, helpless. He couldn't move his arms, let alone cast Mugic. Only his eyes were free to move, watching Aa'une's watery form flow closer and closer to Adam.

Seth heard a wet sound flow further and further away. In a matter of seconds, it would reach Adam.

The puddle formed a circle underneath Adam. Thin tendrils rose from its surface and wrapped around Adam. The puddle rose up around Adam's legs, creeping upwards. It covered Adam's legs, then waist, then chest, neck, and-

---

Aa'une opened his eyes and gazed around. The human's mind.

Adam was curled up in a corner, shivering. Aa'une grinned. The trials the human had barely gone through made Adam lock himself inside his own mind. Adam didn't even look up as Aa'une drifted closer.

Aa'une couldn't help himself. "What's the matter, human?" he laughed. "You look scared to death!"

Adam's eyes didn't move. He pressed himself further into the corner of his mind, shaking.

Aa'une sighed. That wasn't very fun. Not very productive either. As long as Adam was the least bit aware, there would be trouble. Aa'une drifted upwards.

"It's rather dry in here, don't you think?" Aa'une muttered. Then he cracked up. He laughed, "I would like a bit of rain!"

Water began to pour from the ceiling of the small room. It rose several inches within a minute. Adam didn't even move.

Aa'une laughed as the water rose higher and higher. Eventually it filled the whole room.

Adam continued to sit in the corner, but the shaking had slowed. Adam's eyes began to droop. He clutched at his mouth, bubbles streaming from between his fingers. Aa'une smiled as Adam involuntarily inhaled, then fell slack in the water, slowly floating upwards.

---

The puddle twisted around Adam, turning back into the M'arrillian. He held Adam in his arms and gently lowered him to the ground. Adam's eyes opened, and he gracefully rose to his feet.

Wally's heart jumped. Adam's eyes had changed. They were pitch black.

Adam's mouth opened. "What do you want from me, father?" Adam's voice was raspy and more like Aa'une voice than his own.

Aa'une grinned and waved his arm at the frozen audience. "I want you to practice."

The humans and creatures fell from the frozen positions. Wally scrambled to his feet. "Adam! Stop! Don't listen to him!"

Adam's eyes stared coldly at Wally. "Who is Adam? Who are you?" His arm raised, and water began to pour from the ceiling. "Then again, I don't care." He clenched his fist and called, "Ocean's Fury!"

The ceiling burst into pieces, and a wall of water hurtled downwards. Only one voice was heard over the noise:

Najarin cried out, "Echo-Location!"

In a flash of light everyone except Aa'une and Adam had vanished. The cavern became flooded an instant later.

---

Adam knelt in front of Aa'une, in view of a crowd of stunned M'arrillians. Aa'une dipped down and kissed Adam on the top of his head.

"You need a new name, my son," Aa'une declared as he straightened. "Do you have a preference?"

Adam's head lifted up. "I take my name from both my fathers. I am Aad'aam, son of the Oligarch."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Keep the Enemy Closer: Chapter Zero - Cold as Ice

===== (A couple weeks later)

Paul peeked over the egde of the glacier. The M'arrillians had been gathering at Glacier Plains for quite a while.

Ever since the M'arrillians captured Adam, the Gray family created a network of Chaotic players that kept an eye on various M'arrilian locations. If someone found Adam, he or she would alert the others.

A flash of light appeared behind Paul, and William crept up beside him.

"Have you seen him, yet?" William asked.

"Nope. That doesn't really mean anything, though."

"You need to port back. You look frozen."

Paul grunted and stayed where he was. William shrugged.

A couple minutes later, Paul exclaimed, "There he is!" Adam, wearing odd coral armor, had suddenly appeared.

William started calling various players on his scanner as Paul started to climb down the cliff. He hid behind a pile of barrels.

Aad'aam was arguing with a small Kha'rall. Small as in only twice the size of a human. The Kha'rall looked scared, but defiant.

"We'd burn through our entire stock in a day at the rate you're commanding!" the Kha'rall exclaimed.

"Then burn it all!" Aad'aam bellowed. "The melting camp isn't creating enough heat! Another Ice Age will pass before this pathetic excuse for a boiler pit gets any work done!"

The Kha'rall muttered something unintelligible, and Aad'aam grabbed its throat with his left hand. Paul stopped crawling forward, stunned.

"Our master put me in charge of this place! If you question me, you question him!" He grabbed the Kha'rall's throat with his other hand, which had a large claw made of coral covering it. There was a loud crack, and the Kha'rall fell limp.

A fluidmorpher looked up. "Was that really necessary?"

"Yes it was," Aad'aam said coldly. Then he tightened his grip. The was a crunching sound, and the Aad'aam let the Kha'rall drop. Paul stared in shock as the creature fell to the ground, its head rolling away from its body.

Adam stared at the head as it rolled. "That, however, wasn't." He turned and strode away quickly. As he passed the fluidmorpher, the creature asked, "Is something wrong?"

Aad'aam spun around and shouted, "My problem is that this entire location is still encased in ice!"

Paul tasted bile and covered his mouth. He looked up and saw that most of the Chaotic community had arrived. They had seen the whole thing. Their faces matched his own.

---

Aad'aam stood out in the cold of the Glacier Plains, holding his hand to his chest, breathing heavily. Aa'une's voice appeared in his head.

[Neth'uar is having a problem, my son.]

"What kind of problem, father."

[An insect problem.]

"How shall I solve it?"

[Any way you want.]

Aad'aam smiled, laughing to himself. He took his scanner out from his sleeve. Its normal yellow color had been fading all week, gradually changing into a dark black. About half of it was its new color by now.

Aad'aam flipped the screen over to the Mount Pillar Reservoir, then vanished in a flash of violet light.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Keep the Enemy Closer: Chapter One - Becoming the Enemy

===== (Earth)

Wally sat in the hospital room with Adam. He was asleep again. He slept a lot. A little too much. The doctors discovered a week ago that his right arm had become paralyzed.

Seth and Wally hadn't told Adam what had happened. All Adam knew about what was going on in Perim was that the M'arrillians were holding him captive.

Wally and Seth took turns staying with Adam at the hospital. When Adam woke up, they'd talk for a while, maybe play a game or two, and then he'd fall asleep without warning.

--- (Chaotic)

Wally sat in the PortCourt. He hadn't gone to see Aad'aam at Glacier Plains. He'd seen it too often. Sometimes Aad'aam was just arguing with another creature, but other times Aad'aam ended up making the M'arrillian tribe smaller by one creature.

Wally watched as a crowd of Chaotic players began to appear at the transport center. All had an identical look of shock on their faces. All except Paul, who ran to Wally the instant he appeared.

"Where's your Dad?"

Wally shrugged. "On Earth, probably."

"You need to see this. I had an idea, and since everyone was paying attention to a- scuffle- between Aad'aam and a Kha'rall, I figured that no one would notice," Paul showed Wally his scanner, "If I tried to scan him."

Wally's eyes widened. "Beta Drome. Now."

Paul added, "Actually, I think you should do it. He is your brother."

---

It didn't take long before Wally found an opponent: Dominique, an UnderWorld player who'd played the game since it first came out.

"So basically, your trying to figure out how this creature thinks, and I just stand there and watch you?"

Wally cringed. "Yeah, that's pretty much it."

Dominique nodded and place a few scans on his board. Wally did the same and locked in.

Dominique looked at Wally's creature and said, "Hey, isn't that the creepy new M'arrillian that everyone's talking about?"

Wally shot back, "He's my brother."

Dominique's eyes widened. "Ouch."

Wally put his hand on Aad'aam's picture. "Aad'aam attack Chaor at the Riverlands!"

---

Wally opened his eyes. He felt funny. He looked down at Aad'aam's arms. One normal, except for the red lines covering it, and the other encased in a coral claw.

Dominique watched as Wally closed Aad'aam's eyes. If this creature really was Wally's brother, then this could be a problem. If the M'arrillians could turn humans into M'arrillians, or even just minions, then nobody was really safe.

Wally stood still. Why couldn't he find anything? No memories, no reflexes, not even what attacks he knew. Wally opened his eyes and began to speak-

Aad'aam's voice suddenly popped into Wally's head. [Chaor. Leader of the UnderWorld. Enemy.]

Dominique jumped backwards as Aad'aam took a step forward. He raised his claw-hand towards Dominique.

"Wally, what are you doing?"

"I can't stop!"

Aad'aam lunged at Chaor, who quickly stepped aside. Aad'aam spun around and shouted, "Torrent of Water!"

The resulting wave swept Chaor off his feet and towards Aad'aam.

---

Paul watched the fight on the screen. Wally couldn't control Aad'aam? But Aad'aam didn't have recklessness! The fight was starting to draw a crowd.

---

"Flame Orb!" Chaor raised his hand and threw the fireball at Aad'aam. Aad'aam raised one arm to shield his face, then kicked Chaor into the river. Chaor franitcally tried to swim against the current, but fell over the egde of the waterfall.

---

"Wait, Chaor has no more Energy! Why isn't the battle over?" somebody asked.

"I don't know," Paul answered. Aad'aam had the ability "Brutal", but Paul had no idea what this meant.

---

Chaor washed up onto the riverback, gasping for air. Why hadn't he been coded, yet?

There was a loud thud as Aad'aam landed, having jumped from the top of the cliff. He had a crazed look in his black eyes. "Good night," he hissed. He grabbed Chaor's face and lifted it up.

---

A girl screamed as Aad'aam slammed Chaor's head into the ground. Pual watched in shock as Chaor's Energy dropped to negative numbers.

---

SLAM! Chaor saw lights dance in front of his eyes again. Thinking was becoming difficult.

Wally watched in horror as his arm repeatedly lift Chaor's upper body from the ground and thrust it down over and over again. Aad'aam's voice kept on repeating, "Break him, break him!" Aad'aam's arm lifted up one more time and smashed against the ground. There was a loud crunch, and Wally felt a horrifying sense of hunger as something wet dripped from Chaor's head before his vision filled with code.

Dominique stood, shaking like a leaf. What had just happened?

Wally slowly turned back into his normal self. He stood still, heart pounding. The ground began to sway, and then Wally felt himself fall.

---

"I just spotted Aad'aam at Mount Pillar!" someone said. A crowd rushed to the transport center as Paul helped Dominique carry Wally out of the Beta Drome. Wally kept on muttering, "He enjoys it. He doesn't listen to cries of mercy. He acts on impulse." There was a long pause. "Adam isn't there anymore. It's just Aad'aam."

=====

I'm going to go and puke now. Did I really write that? I'm beginning to scare myself.

Coming up next: "Chapter Two - Massacre at the Reservior"!

Post your comments and predictions here!

\/\/\/ New fake card

Aad'aam, son of the Oligarch

Creature - M'arrillian Fluidmorpher Warrior

Courage 60
    Power 80
    Wisdom 120
    Speed 15
    Energy 80
    Mugic 0

Fluidmorph
    Aad'aam can cast Mugic from any Tribe.
    Legendary, Loyal-M'arrillians and Minions, Brutal (Creatures engaged with this creature can't be destroyed. Remove them from the game if their Energy drops below negative 20)

/\/\/\
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Keep the Enemy Closer: Chapter Two - Massacre at the Reservoir

=====

"Are you okay, Wally?" Paul asked.

"Is Dominique okay?" Wally muttered.

"He's fine. What about you?"

Wally put his face in his hands. "I still feel it. When I look at someone, I'm immediately looking for a way to hurt them. It's like in the Drome."

Wally's scanner beeped, but he made no move to pick it up. Paul answered it instead.

"Wally! You've- Who are you?"

"Another of Wally's friends. He's a little occupied right now."

"Well, he has to see this! It's like Aad'aam steamrolled the place!"

--- (Perim, Mount Pillar)

Several walls inside Mount Pillar had been completely torn down. A sticky goo covered the walls. "What's that?" Paul asked.

"You really don't want to know."

Paul figured it out anyway. Mandiblor remains. "Ew."

Whatever battle that had taken place here, it obviously wasn't the Danians that had won. Wally wouldn't uncover his eyes to take a closer look.

A voice from behind called, "What are you doing out in the open?" They turned and saw Lore beckoning.

---

The three humans followed Lore to a hidden elevator. Lore explained while they went up.

"We were tried to rid ourselves of the M'arrillian in the reservoir. We had a whole army down there. In the middle of the battle, Neth'uar suddenly turned and fled. We thought we had won until that other M'arrillian showed up." Lore shook his head. "I mistook him for a human at first, but then he casted-" Lore closed his eyes and shuddered and took a black Mugisphere out of his sleeve. "I managed to steal one from him. He didn't seem to care."

Wally took out his scanner. After a moment, he read, "Prelude of Horror?"

"It's a Mugic that lives and breathes like any other creature, but it's far more powerful than any of us."

"We need to figure out what this does," Paul said. "Wally-"

"No!" Wally blurted, startling everyone else.

Lore took a moment to collect his thoughts. "I'm sorry, I don't quite understand."

"Wally turned into the other M'arrillian, Aad'aam, a while ago in our games. Apparently the creature enjoys inflicting pain."

Lore looked confused. "Then we might be talking about different creatures. The M'arrillian I saw appeared to be having difficulty forcing himself to do anything. He kept on muttering, 'Give up, Adam. I'm in control. You cannot stop me."

Wally and Paul looked at each other in surprise.

=====

Plot twist! Who saw that coming? Please predict why Wally had a different experience in the Drome!

Next: "Chapter Three - Father Becoming the Son"

\/\/\/ New Fake Card

Prelude of Horror
    Mugic - M'arrillian
    Play with this side revealed. Only Aad'aam, son of the Oligarch can cast this Mugic
    When cast, if Aad'aam won a combat this turn, flip over this card and place it onto an unoccupied spot on the field.

/\/\/\ Wait for the next chapter to see what's on the other side!
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Keep the Enemy Closer: Chapter Three - Father Becoming the Son

===== (Earth)

Wally hung up the phone. He had just finished speaking with his dad. He walked back to Adam's hospital room-

How long had that door been open?

Wally walked in to find Adam, sitting up in bed, with a serious look on his face.

Adam accusingly asked, "Who's Aad'aam? And why does Dad need to play as him?"

Wally couldn't answer. He quickly grabbed his scanner.

--- (Chaotic)

"Dad?"

"Yes, Wally?"

"I think Adam figured it out."

--- (Crellen Drome)

Seth took longer than normal to set up his board. His opponent looked at the field in surprise when Seth locked it in.

"M'arrillians? I thought you were an OverWorld player!"

"I usually am."

"Is that the new M'arrillian everyone's talking about?"

"I guess it is."

"You 'guess'? Did you randomly place scans on the board?"

Seth's opponent spun the location-randomizer. "Frafdo attacks Aad'aam at Cordac Falls!"

---

Seth opened his eyes. So far, no creepy voice. Wally said it came after seeing his opponent.

"Arborsmash!"

Seth ducked as wooden beams flew overhead. He turned and-

[Frafdo. OverWorld hero.]

"Get out of my head!"

[No.]

Aad'aam launched himself at Frafdo.

---

The crowd watched as Seth tackled his opponent.

"Ouch! That had to have hurt!"

Wally watched in terror. His dad was saying something odd: "You can't stop me, Seth. I'm in control."

---

[I'm playing this game!] Seth roared inside his head.

"Game?" Aad'aam spoke aloud. "There are no such things as games. This is my battle, and I'm going to make a nice pillow out of that bird to nap on later."

"What's with you, Seth?" Frafdo stammered.

"Deluge of Doom!" Aad'aam roared. A pillar of filthy water fired up from the ground and slammed into Frafdo. Frafdo quickly jumped to his feet. "Pebblestorm!"

Aad'aam raised his claw-hand and thought, [Evergreen Tunic. Protective BattleGear. Solution: apply liberal amounts of Coil Crush.]

[Get out of my head NOW!]

[No.] "Coil Crush!"

Frafdo jumped backwards, expecting Aad'aam's arm to leap out and attack. Something coiled around his neck from behind, and he realized his mistake.

Tentacles made of water wrapped around Frafdo, following the movements of Aad'aam's hands. They squeezed into the gaps of the Evergreen Tunic, the collar, the sleaves, while Frafdo struggled. A quick flex, and the BattleGear shredded into tiny pieces.

Aad'aam smiled. "Isn't it cold? You really shouldn't be running around undressed like that, just like the day you hatched."

---

"What up with Seth? He NEVER acts like this!"

"He can't control the creature! Seth isn't doing anything at all!"

---

Frafdo squirmed, turning his head towards Aad'aam. "Megaro-gah!" A tentacle wrapped around Frafdo's open mouth, gagging him.

Aad'aam stood and laughed. "This is fun! Maybe battle IS a game!" Then his face grew serious. "I'm bored." The tentacles vanished, and Frafdo crumpled to the ground.

---

"Why does Frafdo have NEGATIVE Energy?

---

Frafdo weakly stood and looked up, only to be tackled be Aad'aam- into Cordac Falls.

Aad'aam grabbed the cliff edge with his hand while grabbing Frafdo's head with his claw.

---

Wally covered his eyes, but he couldn't block the sound of Frafdo's head getting smashed repeatedly into the side of the cliff.

"Ahh!"

"That's just gross!"

"Are you even allowed to do that?"

---

Aad'aam climbed back to the top of Cordac Falls, dragging a limp Frafdo with him. He laid the unmoving creature on the ground, and a black Mugisphere appeared in his hands.

Aad'aam began a strange chant: "The heart is the source of Courage. Without Courage, the body fails." He placed the Mugisphere on Frafdo's chest. "I offer this creature's heart to these seven notes! Prelude of Horror!"

Frafdo's chest began to glow, and the Mugisphere vanished. Aad'aam continued, "Come, that which feeds on cowardice! Come! Horror, Devourer of the Heart!"

The location suddenly burst into code.

---

Seth's opponent gaped at the board. A new creature was sitting where Frafdo's scan had been.

Seth laughed. "I believe that's the end of your tur-!" His hands twitched, and his expression twisted into one of fear. He mouthed a few words, then collapsed.

---

Wally's heart jumped. The words his dad had mouthed were "He's still in my head".

=====

\/\/\/ The other side of "Prelude of Horror"

Horror, Devourer of the Heart

Creature - M'arrillian Abomination

Courage: 250
    Power: 0
    Wisdom: 0
    Speed: 0
    Energy: 40
    Mugic: 0

Attacks this creature plays deal no damage.
    Attacks this creature plays gain "Challenge Courage 100: Destroy opposing engaged creature."

/\/\/\
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Keep the Enemy Closer: Chapter Four - Abomination

=====

"Are you okay?" Seth's opponent asked. He stepped forward.

Seth staggered to his feet and lifted his head. A strange smile appeared on his face. "Yes, I'm perfectly fine," he snickered.

Seth's opponent backed up. "Dude, you're freaking me out."

Seth cackled. "I know. I can SEE that."

"Wha-? What do you mean 'see'?"

Seth laughed and spun the location-randomizer. "I mean I can literally see how freaked you are! Horror, Devourer of the Heart attacks Attacat at M'arr, Capital of the Deepmines!" Seth slammed his hand into Horror's picture on the screen. His sunglasses shattered as a violet light formed around him, revealing glowing red eyes. Seth's opponent screamed.

---

Seth's opponent, as Attacat, looked around. M'arr? Why had he never heard of this location?

Attacat stood in the center of a large circle, with seven thrones around the edge. One was larger than the rest, and the symbol of the M'arrillians was carved into its back.

Attacat heard a faint whisper and looked up. Attached to the ceiling was a twisted mass of flesh with a large mouth at it's center.

The creature opened its mouth. "Isn't my creation amazing, little human?"

Attacat gaped as a long tentacle-like tongue came out of Horror's mouth. The tongue spanned the distance between the two creatures in a second. Horror whispered, "Heart-Breaker," and thrust its tongue forward.

"AHHHG!" It had pierced straight through Attacat's chest. Without pulling out of the hole it had made, it coiled around the cat-person and dragged him upwards towards Horror's waiting jaws. Attacat just stared upwards, unmoving. Attacat was now between Horror's jaws, which waited for a moment, laughing. Then they snapped shut.

CRUNCH!

---

Seth stood triumphant, even though his opponent had four creatures left. His opponent was refusing to make a move.

"I'm supposed to be playing against Seth!" he spat. "You aren't Seth!"

Seth laughed. "Does that mean you forfeit?"

The door of the BattleDrome opened. "No. It means that YOU leave."

In the doorway stood CodeMaster Crellen. Wally stood next to him. Crellen spoke again. "I declare this match void. The person controlling Seth's board is not the same person who started this match."

Seth scowled. "And who are you?"

Crellen was silent for a moment, then muttered, "That proves your suspicions correct, Walter." Then he pointed at Seth's board.

Aad'aam's scan flicker for a moment, then the entire board vanished. Seth looked at the board in shock. Then he blinked, and the glow in his eyes vanished.

Seth breathed heavily for a moment, then sat on the ground. "I've never thought there would be a time that I was grateful I couldn't see."

Wally ran up to Seth and hugged him. Seth whispered in his ear, "I know what we need to do, Wally. I know how to rescue Adam."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Keep the Enemy Closer: Chapter Five - Double Mind

===== (Perim)

"What is troubling you, my son?"

"The human is getting stronger. Even now, my right arm aches, trying to wrap its claw around my own throat."

"You must crush his will. Destroy the thing he wants to protect most. With it gone, so will his desire to continue fighting."

"As you command, my father."

"I . . . suggest you bring a Kha'rall with you."

"As you command, my father."

--- (Lake Ken-I-Po)

"Aad'aam doesn't have complete control over Adam. Every time Aad'aam sees something that Adam considers important, something that Adam wants to save, Aad'aam's control falters."

Najarin pondered Seth's explanation. "Then why could Aad'aam control you and Walter so completely?"

"We were in a game, something not permanent. Any damage done would soon go away, and a part of us knew it. There was nothing we could hold onto."

"You were able to control your face, dad," Wally added. "You tried to say what was happening."

Seth nodded. "That was something I could do, but not very well. Aad'aam's memories show that Adam is able to maintain control over larger parts of his body for longer periods of time."

"And what is it you're suggesting?" Najarin asked.

"Dangerous as it may sound, we need many things Adam cares about in peril at the same time."

Najarin's eyes widened. "Are you-?"

"I already made up my mind," Seth interrupted.

Wally took a black object out of his pocket. "Here's the other thing we mentioned."

Najarin took the Mugisphere and studied it. "I'm not familiar with this Mugic."

"You wouldn't," Wally stated. "Aad'aam created it. Basically, it creates, well, a monster."

"Ah," Najarin realized, "this must have been inspired by the Mipedian Warbeasts."

The mirror on Najarin's desk rippled, and Tiaane's face appeared in it. Tiaane spoke quickly, "Najarin! He's here! He's at the Oasis!"

---

Aad'aam stood at the large gates, the entryway to the Mipedim Oasis. Several Mipedian guards laid in front of him, too exhausted to continue fighting.

Aad'aam placed one foot on a Mipedian's head and let a Mugisphere rise from his hand. "Mightsinger's Requi-!"

Aad'aam's breath caught in his throat, and the Mugisphere wavered in the air and fell.

"Still there, human? You want to watch as I smear the walls of this city with the remains of its inhabitants?"

Adam struggled with the M'arrillian invader. [I'm here to watch you burn in the desert. I'm going to make you burn. I'm going to make you pay.]

Aad'aam laughed. "This city is parched. I'm merely here to give it a drink."

The large Kha'rall behind Aad'aam spoke, "Talking to yourself again? That's the first sign of madness, you know."

Aad'aam hissed. The young Kha'rall didn't know its place yet. But that would have to wait until later. Aad'aam raised his hand to the walls. "Chrono-Wave!"

The walls rusted within seconds, then began to buckle under its own weight. Soon, all that remained was a brown dust that quickly blew away with the wind.

Aad'aam looked past the archway and gasped. Four figures stood waiting, an OverWorlder, a Mipedian, and two humans.

Seth smiled. "Hello, Adam."

Aad'aam roared and began to charge, but his feet stopped mid-stride and he tumbled to the ground. His face raised from the sand. His eyes had turned blue. "Dad! Wally! Run!" His eyes flickered black again, and he shouted, "Kha'rall, attack!"

The coral warrior stepped forward, but Aad'aam's arm whipped out and grabbed one of his many legs. The Kha'rall looked down.

Aad'aam's other arm lifted up, and he bellowed, "Ice Arrows!" Thousands of tiny needles sprang from his fingertips. The Kha'rall roared and clawed at its face.

Aad'aam scowled. How had the human taken control so quickly? And now the Kha'rall was useless, except for one thing.

Aad'aam rolled to his feet and grabbed the Kha'rall by the throat. A quick snap, and the creature collapsed. "The heart is the source of Courage! Without Courage, the body fails!" He slapped a Mugisphere onto the creature's chest. "I offer this creature's heart to these seven notes! Prelude of Horror!"

Najarin raised one hand. "Become silent, Mugic from the Deep!"

Aad'aam raised a hand. "Hear the sound of my voice! Never have you failed to play before! Play your song and grant me victory!" Aad'aam stood up and backed away from the now-glowing Kha'rall. "Come, that which feeds on cowardice! Come! Horror, Devourer of the Heart!"

The body of the Kha'rall exploded, and a twisted mass of flesh rose and grew from the gore.

=====

I posted this early because I'm not sure if I would be able to tomorrow.

Chapter complete! Up next: "Chapter Six - Sacrifice"!

Please post your comments and predictions!

Here's the rest of Aad'aam's abilities! Yup, that's right! I didn't show you all of them!

\/\/\/ New fake card, revisited

Aad'aam, son of the Oligarch

Creature - M'arrillian Fluidmorpher Warrior

Courage 60
    Power 80
    Wisdom 120
    Speed 15
    Energy 80
    Mugic 0

Fluidmorph

Aad'aam can cast Mugic from any Tribe.

Mugic Aad'aam casts gains Untargetable.

Legendary, Loyal-M'arrillians and Minions, Brutal-20 (Creatures engaged with this creature can't be destroyed. Remove them from the game if their Energy drops below negative 20)

/\/\/\
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Keep the Enemy Closer: Chapter Six - Sacrifice

=====

The twisted mass of flesh grew larger and larger, sprouting a large mouth and a long tongue. Aad'aam laughed as the new creature began to drag its body forward.

Najarin grabbed Wally and picked him up. "Tiaane! Grab Seth!" The two creatures ran, putting as much distance between them a Horror as possible.

Seth struggled against the Mipedian's arms. "No! Put me down! Running away isn't going to help!"

Najarin glanced backwards. "Tiaane! Dodge left!"

Tiaane threw his weight aside, and the M'arrillian's tongue grazed his arm.

"Running won't help!" Seth hollered.

Najarin flew upwards, and Horror's tongue hit empty air.

Seth felt Tiaane's back and grabbed the Staff of Wisdom strung up there. "Let me go!" Seth yelled, whacking Tiaane in the face.

Tiaane hand jumped to his head, and Seth squirmed out of his grasp.

Gust of air. Dodge right. Horror's tongue missed again. Run in the creature's direction. Another gust of air. Drop to the ground. Another near-miss.

Wally cried out from Najarin's arms, "Dad! Get up!"

Aad'aam chuckled. "The blind man has a death-wish! Grant it to him!"

Horror aimed its tongue again-

"Song of Truesight!"

Najarin looked at Tiaane, who shrugged. Aad'aam roared, his claw-hand in air holdind a yellow Mugisphere.

A light appeared in Seth's eyes, and he rolled aside, barely dodging the razor-sharp tongue again. As it pulled out of the sand, Seth grabbed hold of it. He lifted off the ground as Horror dragged him forward. He pointed the Staff of Wisdom with his other arm-

"Screeeaaahh!" the creature screeched. It shook back and forth, the staff embedded in its side.

Shaping his fingers into a claw like shape. Seth dragged his hand down Horror's body. Disgusting red liquid poured from the wound, and the creature howled and shook, knocking Seth to the ground.

"Not going for your scanner, human?" Aad'aam taunted. Then his body convulsed, and he shouted, "Dad! Get out of here! PORT OUT!"

Seth tried to get up, but Horror slammed the side of its tongue on his stomach, pinning him to the ground. The tip of the tongue paused directly over Seth's chest.

"DADDY!" Wally and Aad'aam screamed. The tongue thrust downward.

--- (Earth)

Seth walked into Adam's hospital room. "You okay, Adam?"

Adam grunted. "Been better." He turned to his dad. "You could have told me that my Chaotic self had been turned into a M'arrillian."

Seth was dumbfounded. Wally spoke from the bench next to the wall, "He overheard me talking to you on the phone."

Seth sat down next to Adam. "I didn't want to scare you. I thought that, if you knew what was really happening, you'd go into shock again."

"I haven't gone into shock for a week now. I think I'm past that."

Wally interrupted, "Adam, your arm's still paralyzed. The jellyfish venom is somehow still floating around in your body. Your arm even glows in the dark! We didn't want to cause anymore problems."

"I just want to know what's happening to the other me, okay?"

Tears began to stream down Seth's face. "I'm sorry. We just wanted to do what we thought was right."

Adam's face softened. "I'm sorry, Dad. I'm just really upset. Please stop crying. I didn't mean to break your heart."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Keep the Enemy Closer: Chapter Seven - Heartbreak

===== (Chaotic)

In the Hotekk Drome, two Chaotic players were about to begin the last battle of their match.

"Owayki vs. Owayki. Hmm, I wonder how many times this has happened," one player joked.

"I'm just surprised we had almost the exact same armies," the other laughed. "It's your attack."

The first player laughed and put his hand on the location-randomizer-

BOOM!

The ground shook, knocking both players off their feet.

"What just happened?"

---

Outside in the PortCourt, heads turned to where the shaking and sounds had started. The transport center and snack bar were also bustling.

"Did you feel that?"

"What was that?"

"Did something get into Chaotic?"

"Was it an earthquake?"

--- (Perim)

Najarin and Tiaane gaped. Wally's heart started beating again. Half of Adam's face sighed with relief, while the other twisted with rage.

All Horror's tongue had done was pierce Seth's shirt. It raised its tongue again and speared downwards. There was another loud thud as it bounced.

Seth grabbed the creature's tongue and heaved it off his body. He reached for the Staff of Wisdom embedded in the creature's side.

Horror wrapped its tongue around Seth's legs and yanked. Seth fell face first into the sand and was lifted into the air.

"PORT OUT DAD!" Wally yelled. Aad'aam stiffly took a step forward, arm outstretched.

Seth spread his arms out and caught Horror's jaws as the creature tried to bite down. Sweat began to pour from his forehead. The tip of the creature's tongue wound up his chest and pulled.

Seth fell, and the creature's jaws snapped shut.

"No! NO!" The color drained from Aad'aam's face. "DADDY!"

Horror stopped moving. It twitched, and the BattleGear in its side suddenly vanished inside it.

"Skreeee!" it howled, twisting and shaking its body. A *** appeared in its side, and out burst the head of the Staff of Wisdom. It disappeared, only to reappear somewhere else. Seth was stabbing the creature from the inside!

The staff shot out of the M'arrillian's side again and sliced upwards. "SKREEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!" the creature roared, red gunk pouring from the holes in its body.

The BattleGear paused, then shredded a large circle through Horror. Horror burst apart, splattering flesh every direction. Seth stood where it had been, panting.

Aad'aam stared at Seth, enraged. "How dare you!" he roared, taking a step forward. He raised a Mugisphere into the air-

Tiaane tackled Aad'aam, wrapping his arms around him and pinning him to the ground. "Najarin, NOW!"

"Echo-Location!"

--- (Mugician's Lake)

The sun was beginning to set, and a bright flash of light deposited Tiaane and Aad'aam on the shore.

Aad'aam threw Tiaane off his back and spun around. "Why do you care about the human so much, Mipedian?"

Tiaane struggled to his feet. "Adam is my friend. I'm going to save him."

Aad'aam laughed. "You won't even be able to save yourself!" He flung a Mugisphere into the air. "Rapid Strike Song!"

Tiaane felt the air around him freeze. Aad'aam laughed and stepped right in front of the Mipedian, holding his hand in front of Tiaane'e face.

"Empowered Timeslow! Brutal Psychodrain! Massive Fear Extension! Superior Mindsink!"

Tiaane felt his knees buckle, and he hit the ground.

Aad'aam snickered, and raised a Mugisphere to the sky. "Mightsinger's Requi-!" He choked on the words, and the Mugisphere fell to the ground.

[No, please, no.]

Aad'aam ignored Adam's pleas and grabbed another Mugisphere. "Decelerating Requi-urk!" Aad'aam coughed, and the other Mugisphere tumbled.

[Don't do it, please!]

Aad'aam hissed. "Requiem of F-ahhhh!"

[No! I won't let you!]

"Requiem of Lost-!"

[NOOOOO!]

Aad'aam's claw hand jumped up to his throat and grabbed it. Aad'aam staggered back, trying to pry his own claw off his neck.

[SOLAR FLARE!]

Aad'aam's body became enveloped in red light. He screamed as black Mugician's sprang from his body and disintegrated.

Aad'aam laid on the ground, panting. Both he and Adam were exhausted. Aad'aam struggled to his feet and pointed his hand at the lake. "Freeze Flash," he muttered, and a portion of the lake froze solid. He grabbed Tiaane's arm and dragged him to the ice.

"I could have destroyed him quickly and painlessly. Now you gave me no other choice."

[No, don't, no, please!]

Aad'aam grabbed Tiaane's face and lifted it up.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Keep the Enemy Closer: Chapter Eight - My Last Night Alive

===== (Mipedim Oasis)

"Where is he?" Seth roared at Najarin.

"He wanted me to send him and Aad'aam to the Mugician's Lake," Najarin said.

"Then take US there!"

"I can't, I've never been there. Tiaane controlled where the Mugic would send him."

"Is there ANYONE here who knows where it is?"

--- (Mugician's Lake)

Aad'aam gripped Tiaane's face and lifted the Mipedian's head over the ice.

Tiaane whispered weakly, "Adam, don't let him. You can stop him."

Aad'aam laughed. "The human can't do anything now!" He slammed Tiaane's head against the ice.

---

Tiaane stared out at the sandstorm from a small cave. It had come up with no warning, and travel was dangerous now. He sat and waited patiently.

A figure was crawling towards the entrance. Tiaane stood, ready to either help the visitor or defend himself. A human tumbled into the cave.

---

Lights danced in front of Tiaane's eyes as his head hit the ice. "Adam, you can beat him."

Aad'aam pulled Tiaane's head up and flung it down again.

---

"Typically you humans disappear whenever you are in a situation larger than you. Why didn't you disappear while you were out in the sandstorm yesterday?"

The human answered, "If I ran away every time the road got tough, I wouldn't get anywhere, would I?"

"What's your name?"

"My name is Adam Seth Gray."

---

Tiaane was beginning to find it difficult to focus. "You are stronger than the M'arrillian. Fight him."

Aad'aam roared, then lifted and thrust Tiaane's head downward.

---

Tiaane held Adam to his chest as he stepped out of the Mugician's lake. Sobjek spoke, and Tiaane answered. The memory was all blurred.

---

Tiaane laid on the ice. Aad'aam had let go of his face. What was happening? Tiaane gathered enough strength to look up.

Aad'aam was struggling with a thousand yellow Mugicians. "Get off me! LET GO OF ME!"

The Mugicians swarmed around Aad'aam, and he began to roar. A bright yellow light erupted from the center of the lake.

"No! Please! NO! DON'T DO THIS!"

The pillar of light drew closer to Aad'aam as the Mugician's held him in the air. It touched the tip of his foot, and he screeched. Black smoke shot out of his leg and disintegrated in the pillar of light.

"NO! STOP IT! STOP IT! IT BURNS!"

The Mugician's pushed Aad'aam into the light. He twisted in the air, screaming. Black smoke was rising from him rapidly. Suddenly, there was a burst of blue light, and Aad'aam became very still.

The light stopped shining, and Adam's body fell into the water.

---

Tiaaneheaved Adam's body out of the water and onto the sand. Tiaane's knees collapsed, and he sprawled out next to him.

"Adam? Adam, are you there?"

Adam didn't answer. His horribly pale face pointed up at the sky, which was gathering clouds. His eyes didn't blink.

"Adam? Adam, answer me. Please, don't let me be too late."

Adam's chest stayed still. Tiaane placed his hand on it, feeling for a heartbeat. None.

It began to rain. Water clouded Tiaane's vision, half of it from the rain, the other half his own tears.

"I'm so sorry, Adam. I- I didn't make it." Tiaane reached for Adam's eyes and closed them. "I couldn't save you. I was too late." The rain poured harder and harder. Tiaane buried his face in the sand and wept.

"Even the desert is crying," he sobbed. "It's crying on your last night alive."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:11 pm

The Line Between Justice and Revenge: Chapter Zero - Not Coming Back

===== (Perim, Dust Plains)

Prince Mudeenu and Seth rode on one Skeletal Steed while Sobjek and Wally rode on another. Najarin flew overhead.

The sun was beginning to rise. "This has taken to long," Najarin muttered. "We can only hope that Tiaane and Adam are okay."

--- (Mugician's Lake)

Tiaane felt water against his feet, and he forced his eyes open. There had been so much rain that the ground hadn't soaked it all in. The Mugician's Lake had flooded.

Tiaane weakly struggled to his hands and knees a looked at Adam's body. He hadn't moved at all. Tears stung Tiaane's eyes again. "I'm sorry, Adam."

---

The group reached the Mugician's Lake and spotted two figures in the sand.

"Tiaane!" Sobjek shouted, hopping of his BattleGear and rushing forward.

Seth was impatient. "Where's Adam? Najarin, where's Adam?"

Najarin hesitated. Tiaane's face spoke volumes to Najarin's eyes, but would be completely silent to Adam's blind father. Wally, however would notice.

"ADAM!" Wally shouted, scrambling down from the Skeletal Steed. He ran forward. "ADAM!"

Seth's face went pale. "Adam? What happened? Najarin, Mudeenu, one of you, please tell me!"

Nobody answered. Seth heard Wally shaking something, crying out, "Wake up! You're not gone! Wake up!"

Sobjek and Tiaane watched as Seth came closer, following Wally's crying. Wally covered his eyes and moved as Seth sat down. Seth put his hand against Adam's chest, then his ear.

"No. We were going to save you. Not this." Seth ran his hand over Adam's hair. "We were supposed to rescue you."

Sobjek reached towards Seth, then paused. Tiaane placed his hand against Sobjek's shoulder, shaking his head. "Let him sit with his son for a while. His pain is greater than mine. Words of comfort come later."

Seth wrapped his arms around Adam's chest and cradled him. Wally buried his face into Seth's arm.

"Dad?" Wally whispered.

Seth didn't answer. Wally continued, "I'm not going back. I'm not going back to Earth until Aa'une pays."

Seth answered, "Neither will I."

--- (M'arr, Capital of the Deepmines)

Aa'une viewed the scene with his scry-pool. He heard Wally's and Seth's oaths. It was strange. After several thousand solems, he thought he had defeated fear. But the promises the humans made brought back a twinge of fright.

"My mind isn't safe," he muttered. "The son can hear me. I must shield my mind."

Aa'une broadcasted his thoughts through the Deep. [Bring me Aval'par.]

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:11 pm

The Line Between Justice and Revenge: Chapter One - Reverence for the Fallen

=====

Tiaane sat with Seth and Wally by the shore of the Mugician's lake, holding a piece of Aad'aam's armor in his hands. There had been no way to remove the armor except for shattering it to pieces. Tiaane had to break off each piece with his bare hands.

Prince Mudeenu watched as Sobjek intoned a prayer of safe passage over Adam's body. Prince Mudeenu had heard these words many times before, but hadn't pondered their meaning until now. Where does a human go? They are visitors to this world. The place of death for humans must be entirely different than for the creatures of Perim.

Seth raised his head. "Someone's coming." A few seconds later, Tiaane heard it, too. Blazier's Mowercycle. It came over a dune of sand, spraying it in all directions, then came to a stop a distance away. A short, yellow creature hopped of and began to wave at Tiaane, then stopped when he saw what was going on.

Blazier looked at Tiaane and the two humans sitting with the Mipedian, then at Mudeenu and Sobjek standing over another one. "The prayer of safe passage," he muttered.

Blazier stepped towards Tiaane. "That's him, isn't it? That's your friend Adam?"

Tiaane looked away and nodded. Blazier looked at the two humans. "His family?" He shrugged his backpack off his shoulders and sat next to Seth. "How did it happen?"

Tiaane spoke, "Adam had been captured and transformed by the M'arrillians. The monster Aad'aam was attacking me, trying to send me to the Endless Sands, when Adam intervened."

Blazier's eyes went wide. "How?"

Tiaane gestured at the lake. "You know how the lake answers one cry for help each solem? This time, it must have answered Adam's."

Blazier stared at the innocent looking waters. Despite the natural peace of this place, the lake could be the deadliest force on Perim if called upon.

Something caught Blazier's eye in the water, and he stood up. Tiaane looked up. "Where are you going?"

Blazier took off his hat. "There's something in the water." He unbuckled his belt and kicked off his shoes as he ran to the edge of the lake. He dove in.

Blazier opened his eyes under the water. His vision was blurred, but what he had seen would contrast sharply with the brown ground. He spotted a glint of yellow, snatched it up, and kicked of the bottom of the lake.

---

Tiaane looked at the object on the ground as Blazier tried to tug his trousers back on. Adam's scanner. Its screen was shattered.

"Wait, Sobjek." Sobjek paused. Tiaane walked over. "Before you wrap his body." Tiaane placed the scanner on Adam's chest, then crossed Adam's arms over it. Then Tiaane leaned down and placed his forehead against Adam's. "Goodbye, my friend. Have a safe journey, to wherever you are going."

--- (Evening)

Night was beginning to fall. The Mugician's of the Mugician's Lake were gathering again. Instead of dancing on the lake, however, they gathered around a pile of sand. They slowly circled around it. The light that came from their ghostly bodies illuminated the headstone of the grave:

"Here lies Adam, a human from Earth.
    Friend to the creatures of Perim.
    My he rest in peace."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:12 pm

The Line Between Justice and Revenge: Chapter Two - Shortcut to the Deepmines

=====

Three Mipedians, two humans, and an OverWorlder, all seated around a table covered with maps. Blazier traced his finger across the contours he had sketched himself.

"The direct path to the Deepmines won't work. The M'arrillian's have too many footholds along that path, and the Deepmines themselves have become very well guarded."

Wally cut in, "But the M'arrillian's have a way to move around Perim at amazing speeds. Several of them are Mugic-based, such as Song of Deep Haven, or Deep Song of Riptide. But the M'arrillian chieftains have very little experience with Mugic, even less than their Kha'rall." Wally flipped through a stack of maps and drew one out from the bottom. "I found a one-way passage to the Deepmines here several months ago."

Blazier looked where Wally pointed. "The Storm Tunnel?"

Wally explained, "I got scans of M'arrillians before anyone else in Chaotic because of this one route. The M'arrillians couldn't leave through there because of all the wind."

Blazier sighed. "But the Storm Tunnel is one of the locations they've captured. No more going that way."

Sobjek spoke up, "Actually, I think I see your point, Walter. The M'arrillians put their footholds in places of importance. You are suggesting that one of these locations has a path directly to the Deepmines, just like the Storm Tunnel."

Prince Mudeenu banged the table with his fist. "Or even constructed one! The Rao'Pa Sahkk Chimegrid! Inhu'kilin guards that place as if his life depended on it."

Tiaane put his hand against his chin. "You know, his life may very WELL depend on it."

Seth suddenly turned his face towards the doorway and groaned. "Oh come ON! Why is HE walking in here?"

Ruhban stepped into the room and froze. "An OverWorlder? Here?"

Tiaane raised a hand. "Calm down. He's a friend."

Ruhban spat on the ground. "We don't NEED the help of OverWorld scum! Mudeenu! Why are you allowing this outrage!"

Prince Mudeenu gave Ruhban an icy glare. "Remember your place," he snarled. "Blazier is the best cartographer from the OverWorld, and probably the best in all Perim." He stood and stepped closer, towering over Ruhban. He whispered between his teeth, "The leader of the M'arrillians stole a muge from me, turned him into a weapon, and tried to destroy the Oasis." He leaned down into the other Mipedian's face. "Do I need to explain myself any further?"

Ruhban stepped backwards, shaking. He abruptly turned and left.

There was a long silence, then Tiaane spoke, "Ah, anyway, one of the M'arrillian's around here must know whether the Chimegrid is a method of travel."

Wally nudged Seth, and Seth nodded. "I know how to figure out who knows."

Mudeenu gaped at Seth. "You have experience in interrogating M'arrillians?"

Seth shook his head. "No. I have experience BECOMING M'arrillians." Then Seth leaned forward. "And what is this I hear about my son being YOUR muge?"

--- (Mugician's Lake)

Two Mugicians floated over the lake, gazing downwards. Beneath the surface of the lake, a dark gray shard of coral sat on the ground. A piece of Aad'aam's armor. Its size had doubled from the previous day.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:12 pm

The Line Between Justice and Revenge: Chapter Three - M'arrillian Memories

===== (Chaotic, Beta Drome)

"Which one?" Seth whispered to himself. "Who knows?"

Seth flipped through every M'arrillian and Minion scan he and Wally had, trying to find one that would know whether the Roa'Pa Sahkk Chimegrid was indeed a path into the Deepmines. He'd played as several hundred creatures by now, and none of them even knew about the Chimegrid's existence, not even Wally's scans of Aa'une.

Wally spoke up from the other side of the Drome, "So far, every creature you've become, they were either scanned before the Chimegrid was constructed, or they had never seen it before."

Seth shook his head. "There was Sirri, but he never paid it any attention."

"Regardless, we need a more recent scan. Try my Vitar'zu. He definitely should know something about it.

Seth nodded and flipped through the scans again. He locked his deck. "Well, Wally, it's your move."

Wally put his hand on his scan. "Prince Mudeenu attacks Vitar'zu at the Chimegrid!"

---

Seth opened Vitar'zu's eyes. He and Wally was standing on the Chimegrid, floating in the sky.

...Something was off. Seth felt something strange bubbling up from Vitar'zu's thoughts-

---

Vitar'zu slowly stepped forward, his hand clenched and his claw reaching forward. The human was grabbing Mugispheres from his pockets, looking for one in particular. What could the human be trying?

Adam pulled something from his pocket. "Tonal Destruction!"

Adam vanished behind a cloud of Mugicians. As they traveled up to the Mugisphere, Vitar'zu shouted, "Timeslow!"

Adam froze in place. Vitarzu tackled Adam, knocking the scanner out of his hand and pressing him onto the Chimegrid. Another note rang from the Chimegird, and more Mugicians came out.

Vitar'zu pressed Adam's arms onto the surface of the Chimeguard. Adam kicked Vitar'zu's chest, and he didn't even flinch. Adam winced in pain. Vitar'zu snarled into Adam's face. Adam spat.

Vitar'zu closed his eyes and sprang up, clutching at his eyes. Adam crawled over to his scanner...

It was gone. Vitar'zu stood in front of Adam, holding his scanner. Adam looked up as Vitar'zu's fist flew towards his face-

Vitar'zu's punch sent the human fly off the Chimegrid, and a Vine Snare firing from Vitar'zu's fingers towards the human soon afterwards. The vines twisted around the human, and Vitar'zu hauled the human back up.

Ihun'kalin floated up to meet Vitar'zu. The Kha'rall stated, "You took your time."

Ihun'kalin noticed, "And you didn't waste any time."

"He spat in my face."

The M'arrillian chieftain rapped his tentacles on the Chimegrid seven times. The air above began to twist, and a hole appeared in the sky. Ihun'kalin wound his tentacles around the Kha'rall and the human and flew up.

---

Seth blinked. "Wally! It is a path!"

Wally, as Prince Mudeenu, exclaimed, "Yes! How does it work?"

Seth paused. "Um, Vitar'zu remembers Inhu'kalin hitting the Chimegrid seven times... but not how he did it..."

"Well, let's get Inhu'kalin's scan and-"

"I already tried, remember? You scan of Inhu'kalin was from before the M'arrillians escaped from the Deepmines."

Wally was silent, then seethed, "Then we'll just pay Inhu'kalin a visit."

Seth nodded and raised a fist. "Reefquake!" He struck the Chimegrid.

The Chimegrid shuddered, then fell to the ground. Seth clutched the edge of the falling object and positioned himself underneath it. The ground rapidly rose upwards-

The location was filled with code.

---(Beyond the Deepmines)

Aval'parr stood in front of Aa'une, his hands on the Oligarch's head. His central eye open, and he gasped, "Ihun'kalin. The humans are targeting Inhu'kalin."

Aa'une lets his thoughts ring through the deep. [Inhu'kalin! The humans have set their sights on you! Do not let them get close!]

Aa'une was surprised to hear Inhu'kalin's response. [Um, my Lord? Is now a bad time to mention that the Mipedians captured me?]

---(Mugician's Lake)

A single Mugician floated through the water, looking at a hunk of the coral-armor. It had grown again. The Mugician drew closer and tapped the gray stone. The coral snapped open, revealing a claw. The Mugician flew away as the coral-claw quickly opened and shut.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:13 pm

The Line Between Justice and Revenge: Chapter Four - Interrogation the Old Way

=====(Mipedim Oasis)

"Prince Mudeenu, I am very impressed."

Seth didn't need to be able to see to know who the Mipedians had captured. "Inhu'kalin. Exactly who we were looking for. And it only took you, what, half a day?"

Prince Mudeenu grunted. "Less than that. We've been waiting a while."

"Well, Wally? Let's scan the beast, hmm?"

Seth and Wally took out their scanners and-

WHOOSH!

Wally gaped as both his and his dad's scanners flew out of their hands and behind the M'arrillian. The M'arrillian snickered, "You won't become me anytime soon, humans."

Seth stood, hand still outstretched, remarkably calm. Then he spoke, "Okay, then we're going to have to do this the hard way." He folded his arms. "How do you activate the Chimegrid? How do you make it produce the gate?"

Inhu'kalin spat, "That's absurd. The Chimegrid, a gate?"

Seth smiled. "Vitar'zu already confirmed that it has that capability. Try again: how do you activate the gate?"

"I don't know how! Let me go!"

Seth shook his head. "Vitar'zu also confirmed that you activated the gate once before, to drag him and my son into it."

Inhu'kalin was quiet. Then he started to laugh. "You can't make me say anything. My mind is far more powerful than yours. You have no power over me."

---(Beyond the Doors of the Deepmines)

"NO!"

Aval'par blinked. "What is it, my Lord?"

Aa'une's eyes were wide. "I-It's starting! The boy! The child's power!" [Inhu'kalin! Do not provoke the boy! Do not provoke Walter!]

---(Mipedim Oasis)

Everyone's eyes, except Seth's, were on Wally. He was laughing quietly, his head facing down. "Poor, poor M'arrillian," he muttered, a broad grin on his face. "Poor deluded monster."

He walked up to his father. "Step aside, Dad. I think I'll have better luck."

Inhu'kalin looked back and forth between Seth and Wally. "Is this a joke? Why do I need to fear the boy?"

Wally turned towards the M'arrillian, his head still lowered. "I will get the truth. Either that, or I take you down along with the piece of slime you call your Lord." He raised his head. Inhu'kalin shrank backwards.

Wally's eyes were glowing with a blue light. "I can see your lies, Inhu'kalin. I can see your nervous twitches. I can see your fears, your hopes, your dreams. You will talk, or you will crumble at my feet." He lifted one hand.

A sudden breeze kicked up the dust at everyone's feet. The candles all blew out at once, plunging the room into darkness. A circle of light appeared around Wally, which grew until it also circled around Inhu'kalin.

Wally chuckled. "I'm coming for another visit, Aa'une. The one who's mind cannot be taken." Wally's eyes opened widely, and an dark laugh erupted from his mouth. "Wally is coming back..."

---(Mugician's Lake)

A dark figure stood at the top of the dune, looking down at the lake. He walked down, his long cloak trailing behind him. He glanced at the lake and stopped. He raised his hand.

A gray object flew from the lake, and the dark figure grabbed it out of the air. He turned it over in his hands. A piece of the human/creature's armor. He tucked it into a pocket in his clothing.

Gripping his shovel tightly, he strode over to a small pile of sand. He looked at the headstone. He spat, hitting the name engraved on it. Then he raised his shovel and thrust it into the sand.

=====

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am