Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
CosmicDashie
BlzvSprayTan
KingMaxxor4
FinalOne1
plokjhgfdsa
Terabyte
Blitser
Max20102
12 posters

Hey Dudes, I can't take it anymore!

Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Max20102
    Chaotic Coins : 706

Hey Dudes, I can't take it anymore! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey Dudes, I can't take it anymore!

Post by Max20102 Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Wow.
    CosmicDashie
    CosmicDashie
    Common

Chaotic Username : CosmicDashie
    Chaotic Coins : 8

Hey Dudes, I can't take it anymore! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey Dudes, I can't take it anymore!

Post by CosmicDashie Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:16 am

BlzvSprayTan wrote:Im not supposed to say this, and I might get in trouble for it, so I'll keep it vague:

I believe someone actually has the rights to license; however they need and are looking for a licensing partner. As of now, I dont believe the attempts at partners have been successful, but there will be more opportunities coming up.

If the information I have is truthful, progress is actually being made.

hey that's something, if I threw my 2 cents into this discussion, I'd personally love to back a kickstarter or something to help get chaotic going again, its something I absolutely loved back when it was popular and my rediscovery of it, only to find it dead was depressing at best
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:47 am

We all would love to as well cosmic but Blitz says that it is too late. Tired 
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 am

Max20102 wrote:We all would love to as well cosmic but Blitz says that it is too late. Tired 

It's not too late for a kickstarter, it's just something that the players can't start. Whoever actually owns it right now would need to be the one to start it. That paired with the fact that a failed kickstarter is essentially a death-sentence makes me think it's very unlikely we'll see one any time soon.
    CosmicDashie
    CosmicDashie
    Common

Post by CosmicDashie Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:25 am

Astrum Somnus wrote:
    Max20102 wrote:We all would love to as well cosmic but Blitz says that it is too late. Tired 

It's not too late for a kickstarter, it's just something that the players can't start. Whoever actually owns it right now would need to be the one to start it. That paired with the fact that a failed kickstarter is essentially a death-sentence makes me think it's very unlikely we'll see one any time soon.

Well now we just gotta be positive and hope for something in a few years, hold out till then eh?
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:15 am

I managed to distance myself pretty well and just use this as a forum for talking about anything with people from Chaotic, but yesterday I went into the Army Creations section and nostalgia hit me too hard. I need it back. The online ability was so nice. Always a match to be had. Unsure
    CosmicDashie
    CosmicDashie
    Common

Post by CosmicDashie Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Terabyte wrote:I managed to distance myself pretty well and just use this as a forum for talking about anything with people from Chaotic, but yesterday I went into the Army Creations section and nostalgia hit me too hard. I need it back. The online ability was so nice. Always a match to be had. Unsure

That always has been a pretty nice factor of chaotic for me, I never have people irl that happen to like card games, let alone the same ones i'm into. So having that online aspect was sick.

Shame it did not get more popular than it did
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:49 pm

And the rise of games like Hearthstone show how much online card games can have fanbases.
    GigaGagagigo
    GigaGagagigo
    Rare

Chaotic Username : GigaGagagigo
    Chaotic Coins : 119

Post by GigaGagagigo Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Yeah thats what i'm playing now. League and Hearthstone. Hearthstone isn't bad, but it's not Chaotic.. Chaotic 
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:22 pm

GigaGagagigo wrote:Yeah thats what i'm playing now. League and Hearthstone. Hearthstone isn't bad, but it's not Chaotic.. Chaotic 

Now ain't that the truth. I got into Hearthstone a little while ago and it's fun but there's not really much strategy in it. When two players are on the same level with their cards then the winner usually comes down to class.
    CosmicDashie
    CosmicDashie
    Common

Post by CosmicDashie Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:33 pm

hearthstone is pretty fun, I just can't seem to get really into it like I have with card games in the past though Unsure
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:39 pm

CosmicDashie wrote:hearthstone is pretty fun, I just can't seem to get really into it like I have with card games in the past though Unsure

That's pretty much how I'm feeling with Hearthstone. There's nothing that really makes it particularly good... It's just that I'm filling in a hole by playing it. With Chaotic I'd play because the game is so much fun, but with Hearthstone I'm only playing every three days to get gold.

I really need to teach some friends Chaotic and play with them in real life.
    CosmicDashie
    CosmicDashie
    Common

Post by CosmicDashie Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Astrum Somnus wrote:
    CosmicDashie wrote:hearthstone is pretty fun, I just can't seem to get really into it like I have with card games in the past though Unsure

That's pretty much how I'm feeling with Hearthstone. There's nothing that really makes it particularly good... It's just that I'm filling in a hole by playing it. With Chaotic I'd play because the game is so much fun, but with Hearthstone I'm only playing every three days to get gold.

I really need to teach some friends Chaotic and play with them in real life.

basically this, there's something about the physical cards too that I like more than virtual, I don't really know why
    GigaGagagigo
    GigaGagagigo
    Rare

Post by GigaGagagigo Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Yeah it's hard to teach your friends though. I've tried and it is so so time consuming. Plus the mat only goes to 120e. I mean, come on, I can get past that in my sleep Tongue 
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:59 pm

GigaGagagigo wrote:Yeah it's hard to teach your friends though. I've tried and it is so so time consuming. Plus the mat only goes to 120e. I mean, come on, I can get past that in my sleep Tongue 

The whole 120 thing always was a pain. An original Van Bloot with max power went over that completely by himself. The best solution is to have 2+ counters for each stat - one on 100, and the other on whatever you've got above 100.
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:01 pm

That would've been a great idea. A mugic counter for each stat over 100 but if that happened, would Gintanai have 3 mugic counters even tho being a warbeast? EyeRoll 
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:38 pm

[quote="Astrum Somnus"]
    GigaGagagigo wrote:I got into Hearthstone a little while ago and it's fun but there's not really much strategy in it..

I completely disagree. Once you learn that it is all about trades and making use of what is in your hand it becomes extremely strategic and stylistic play.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Max20102 wrote:That would've been a great idea. A mugic counter for each stat over 100 but if that happened, would Gintanai have 3 mugic counters even tho being a warbeast? EyeRoll 

I think you misinterpreted that. P: I mean the counters you use on the stat section of a playmat. Say you had a creature with 150 speed, you could put one on 100 and another on 50 to show it.

BlzvSprayTan wrote:I completely disagree. Once you learn that it is all about trades and making use of what is in your hand it becomes extremely strategic and stylistic play.
    [/quote]

The strategy comes solely from knowing how to save your resources for the best times though. I haven't seen any decks which focus on getting a specific combo set up in order to win.

Last edited by Astrum Somnus on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GigaGagagigo
    GigaGagagigo
    Rare

Post by GigaGagagigo Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:49 pm

woah woah woah, i never said that.  Hearthstone is plenty strategic.  Content 
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 pm

I suppose I just don't see it. Whenever I play it feels mindless right now.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Ya the quote bugged out Giga.

If you want to combo, play a priest or a control mage. Actually any control deck is pretty much a waiting game until you have something that can gg it.
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Oh, u meant that. lol got confused but still would be a good idea Wink 
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 pm

I'm rooming with some nerdy looking people next semester. And by that I mean there are references to Pokemon on their FB pages. I'm not a fan of people, but if I managed to get them into Chaotic, I might be able to tolerate it. I have plenty of collection and starter decks...If I could get more players irl, I might consider purchasing additional sets to further cover my collection...And here I thought I might actually be able to save money this year. Tongue
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:56 pm

I am thinking of completing my collection too and u know what the funny thing is, I just found out that i have atleast 500+ cards left to collect. Tongue 
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm not too sure how many cards I need these days... My collection is at its weakest with Alliances Unraveled, and yet I'm only missing three of its ultra rares. EyeRoll

Over the years it's come to a point where the only cards I'm missing are ones which I've literally never seen in real life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am