Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Making the forums cleaner

BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Making the forums cleaner Empty Making the forums cleaner

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:49 pm

It's one thing to keep the forums active, it's another thing to post/reply something that could be done in the chat box. Chat box op!!
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Max20102
    Chaotic Coins : 706

Making the forums cleaner Empty Re: Making the forums cleaner

Post by Max20102 Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:18 am

No one uses the chat box bro. Tongue 
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:43 am

BlzvSprayTan wrote:It's one thing to keep the forums active, it's another thing to post/reply something that could be done in the chat box. Chat box op!!
    Keeping stuff on topic is the issue not using a chatbox vs posts
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:10 am

Hey King, y don't u put up a notice or something to tell players to use the chatbox. U know how long people have to wait for other people's reply. Tongue Tongue 
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Post by Blitser Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:48 am

Max20102 wrote:Hey King, y don't u put up a notice or something to tell players to use the chatbox. U know how long people have to wait for other people's reply. Tongue Tongue 

How about we make the chatbox button take up half your screen? Would ya use it then? Tongue

In all seriousness though, the scourge of off-topic posts we're facing really should stop, and a lot of it comes down to you Max.
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:30 am

That is y i am saying. I can't resist myself. Tongue Tongue Tongue

Btw, That would be a pretty good idea. Tongue Tongue 
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Marrillian wrote:Keeping stuff on topic is the issue not using a chatbox vs posts

I agree that off-topic posts have been an issue, but the chatbox is a possible solution. Take this conversation into account.

Player1: Wait, On the Iparu, he is Unique,Loyal too but it doesn't have neither of those on the card.
    Player2: they messed up real bad on some cards Tongue
    Player1: All I want to know is are these cards fakes or not? Thats All! Tongue Tongue
    Player2: nope, they're legit, just really failed legit cards XD
    Player1: Ok Thank U. Tongue Tongue lol.

This conversation was held within about a 5min time window. This could have been discussed in chat. In this example things were on topic; however, it's often that these types are conversations(the ones with short time in between replies) get the time to twist into other conversations. The less time in between posts, the more posts; the more posts, the better chance that the topic gets more and more skewed to something off-topic.

Look at what we are discussing now. It has nothing to do with what Chaotic could have done better. Instead, we have gotten here gradually because of the discrepancies from post to post.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Chatbox is nice when people are online, but in your example though using the Chatbox would have been cleaner, there is no guarantee that anyone will check the Chat, and it likely wasn't posted with the intention to resolve that quickly. It just happened. Sometimes I log on and it's a minute after a post was made. I'll reply and the other person has yet to leave and is still checking other updates and sees my reply. Then it's just a friendly place to have a chat.

Most of these "on topic discussions" are resolved very quickly in a single post or page at the most. I don't want to generate an entirely new topic just to try and keep things clean looking. I think it was nice to have so many sub topics on Chaotic originally because it would have been too hectic to try and manage a single forum. Here, we have so few people, that I think having the large number of topics is similarly hectic. I can see a topic for specific questions that need an answer being useful, but all of these specialized things just add to clutter with so little activity.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:55 pm

This topic has been closed due to my discretion and the introduction of this https://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t471-imma-law-down-the-law

I don't care about it being a quick conversation, all I care about is it being off topic or spam. So read this and understand what will happen to you guys guilty!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm