Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Blitser
Doublea
6 posters

Clarifications on Expand and Nunk'worn Ability

Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Doublea
    Chaotic Coins : 276

Clarifications on Expand and Nunk'worn Ability Empty Clarifications on Expand and Nunk'worn Ability

Post by Doublea Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Hey so I decided to put up a thread to clarify some questions and rules for me. I can't remember everything that I want to ask, but hear are a few.

How does expand (element) work? (Side question: why does the new mock'adyn just have expand water? How is that any good?)

How does Nunk'worn's ability work? And how would you take advantage of that? If Nunk'worn has water 5 and he plays an attack that has water 5 and fire 5 would he do 20 damage?

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks everyone!
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

Clarifications on Expand and Nunk'worn Ability Empty Re: Clarifications on Expand and Nunk'worn Ability

Post by Blitser Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Doublea wrote:How does expand (element) work? (Side question: why does the new mock'adyn just have expand water? How is that any good?)

Expend* Wink

You pay the element as a cost like you would a mugic counter. The element will come back at the end of a turn though. The new Mock'adyn gains a mugic counter when you do this.

Doublea wrote:How does Nunk'worn's ability work? And how would you take advantage of that? If Nunk'worn has water 5 and he plays an attack that has water 5 and fire 5 would he do 20 damage?

The ability is meant to be used with fluidmorph and element x. Say you played a Primal Smash, you'd treat it as having fire 0, and water 0 written on it. Smile
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Clarifications on Expand and Nunk'worn Ability Empty Re: Clarifications on Expand and Nunk'worn Ability

Post by Doublea Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Isn't fluid morph way better then expend water for him though? Seems like a weird thing to lose.

So Nunk'worn is suppose to be more focused on the attack. Which makes everything a water attack right? So water 5 wouldn't turn into fire 5 too?
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Water 5 would not become Fire 5.
    Also means you should not try running Nunk in a Dagger deck. Throwing him in with Everain, Lava Pond, and Storm Tunnels, Flooded can be good ideas though as they add damage to each attack he plays.

Nice think about new Mock is he can be used with Gan'trak to still gain MC's when Attacks played in Gan'track decks don't deal any damage. Because of that, Fluidmorphers don't gain any MC's. We also don't know what the future sets had in store in terms of Element gaining. Gaining Water might have been an incredibly simple task to recycle and get a few extra MC's per turn.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : cromax123456
    Chaotic Coins : 406

Post by cromax123456 Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:10 pm

even now gaining water isn't too hard though, use Unda, Fluid Flame, Hydro Balls or the Harmonics of Water mugic unless it's played with Gantrak or any loyal M'arrillians, then Unda wouldn't work
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:57 pm

In the future please provide a more descriptive title. I have taken the liberty to edit it for this reason.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Well I'm going to ask more questions in the future, so I thought it would be a nice place to keep everything organized in. Plus these other questions won't be related to Nunk'worn or Expend... so thanks anyway.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Doublea wrote:Isn't fluid morph way better then expend water for him though? Seems like a weird thing to lose.

The good thing about the new Moch though is that he can gain mugic counters before combat, and without needing to play a water attack. Also, to put simply, it's better to have the option to expend water for a MC than to not have that option at all.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:33 pm

Doublea wrote:Well I'm going to ask more questions in the future, so I thought it would be a nice place to keep everything organized in. Plus these other questions won't be related to Nunk'worn or Expend... so thanks anyway.
    to help with forum clarity and searchability it's better to have different topics. So if you have multiple questions all at once make them in one topic to prevent flooding. But once you got a discussion going on that thread about those questions, don't just pop on an unrelated question in the same topic.  Understand how this improves navigation?
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:24 am

Nah, because there is literally nothing to navigate here, especially with only like 7 active players looking at the forums.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:24 pm

Doublea wrote:Nah, because there is literally nothing to navigate here, especially with only like 7 active players looking at the forums.

Though there are a small pool of players, clarity definitely still needs to exist!

How is someone who checks the site only casually supposed to keep up with several things in one topic? You've probably seen Blitser or I take a quote from several replies ago and write something to it. Ideally, you don't want to have to go back so far.

By keeping ideas separate, it invites all(even how little we are) to participate in each idea, without old ideas being hidden behind new ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:41 am