Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Cards that are horrably designed

lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : lilmeth
    Chaotic Coins : 65

Cards that are horrably designed

Post by lilsnoop on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:14 pm

What are of the some cards do you think that have bad designs. I think Flamng Coals is a bad attack card. My cusion uses this for his burn deck which lets dish 50+ damage in one attack. On top of Flaming Coals 30 damage it can shut down your healing for the reminder of the turn. Now ever since people have been during 50+ attack damage and you can't find a way to recover that seems a bit unfair. I mean don't get me wrong, I think FC should have its effect as it is UW flavor but shuts down one section of healing. Like from mugic or abilites.
    woodsy
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : woodsy
    Chaotic Coins : 48

Re: Cards that are horrably designed

Post by woodsy on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Heptagon Hail became so op once we had 4+ mugic cost cards when Marillian Invasion came out, especially in combination with Najarin FF
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Post by lilsnoop on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:13 am

That is a clever combo lol. But I can see why it is op. first turn: plays  HH. places six counters on Najarin for a totoal of nine. Remvoes nine to give Maxxor pop 45e. Then you can also use it for plenty of highly costing mugic and more.
    Doublea
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Doublea
    Chaotic Coins : 271

Post by Doublea on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:24 am

I wouldn't say there's many badly designed cards, most combos can be beat and there aren't cards that you have to have to be competitive.

If anything I'd say
    LVB soa
    Zamool
    and
    Dror'niq (my personal favorite, he can wipe out decks so easily, but can still be beaten).
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Personally I believe Enrehep HMotD, Illexia, Ice Disks, Zamool, and Tonal Destruction are all cards that probably should not have been made, or at least made less powerful.

The game would also have been healthier without Xerium, but that's a different story.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====

Every Beast has a purple lining.

~Tan
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:21 pm

I also agree about Xerium Armor.

Do you think cards would've ever been banned in chaotic like some are in other games? I've always thought chaotic was pretty balanced.
    Oracle Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 207

Post by Oracle Afjak on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:07 pm

The name of this thread was a little misleading. When you said "Horribly designed", I thought you meant cards that were actually bad.

I think the F/A heal-blocking card you're referring to is Plasmarrow. Flaming Coals is the untargetable F/U attack. And one of my Overworld endurance decks gets around Plasmarrow pretty easily; Plasmarrow prevents the opposing engaged Creature from healing, and my deck focuses more on energy gain, not to mention healing before the attack resolves. Or just negate the attack and not have to worry about the ability. Flaming Coals can also be dodged with Fighter's Fanfare since it targets a Creature as opposed to the attack itself.

I wouldn't consider Zamool overpowered by any stretch of the word. Good and possibly a game changer, but not OP. His energy is pretty lackluster and his disciplines aren't too hot either, and his one element doesn't agree with his tribe's norms. Plus if he gets hit with Song of Stasis, he sits out the whole turn. Every card has significant weak points if you just look for them.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:12 pm

That's kind of what I was getting at, it seems like chaotic is pretty fairly balanced with counters to must things.
    lilsnoop
    Uncommon

Post by lilsnoop on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Yes, I used to run FC. I don't know why I said FC instead of PA. lllexia was broken? I never saw a deck that ran here when the game was still going. How should I have worded the thread? Most annoying cards?
    Doublea
    Rare

Post by Doublea on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:28 pm

Most overpowered cards,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:54 pm