Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

What were your favorite and least favorite expansions?

woodsy
    woodsy
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : woodsy
    Chaotic Coins : 48

What were your favorite and least favorite expansions? Empty What were your favorite and least favorite expansions?

Post by woodsy Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:17 am

For me the best three were
    1.Alliances Unraveled
    2.Dawn of Perim
    3.Forged Unity

and the worst was Zenith of the Hive, that set was very lackluster
    ChromeDragon258
    ChromeDragon258
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Zifer78
    Chaotic Coins : 71
    Location : In the wilds of Perim .Getting torn to shreds by creatures in known as "Younger Siblings."

What were your favorite and least favorite expansions? Empty Re: What were your favorite and least favorite expansions?

Post by ChromeDragon258 Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:11 am

1. Alliances unraveled (It has some of the strongest cards, including one of my faves, Gintanai!)
    2. Turn of the tide (I always likes this set, not because it has iflar(my other fave)!)
    3. Dawn of Perim (originals are always fun to have!)

I agree with woodsy that zenith of the hive is the worst and that it is lackluster!(every pack i bought was a disapointment)
    woodsy
    woodsy
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : woodsy
    Chaotic Coins : 48

What were your favorite and least favorite expansions? Empty Re: What were your favorite and least favorite expansions?

Post by woodsy Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:56 pm

You're right, turn of the tide was good too
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:56 pm

1. Alliances Unraveled- This deck brought a lot of staple attack cards. If I had to guess I would say a lot of top tier decks have almost 50% of their attack deck from Alliances Unraveled. Airsault and attacks like it are extremely good base attack cards. The set also brought us past creatures, and High Muges that would change the whole masters meta play.
    2. Turn of the Tide- This set was a lot like AU in the fact that it brought a lot of base attack cards- but this time more focused on disciplines than elements. Poison Spheres and cards like it are a staple. The set also brought some other really good cards like Evergreen Tunic, and some good cards for Mril decks.
    3. Forged Unity/Dawn of Perim probably tie this one up for me. As far as creatures go, Dawn of Perim was a great release; however, attacks, mugics, etc. were pretty weak as far as far as depth goes. Forged Unity was great because it at the time broke the boundaries of Loyal decks. Before Forged Unity, every deck was its own tribe. Forged Unity really changed that- and this change was really healthy for the game.

Marrillian Invasion would come down here because it released the Marrillians and some other really awesome cards like Tangath Toborn in training. It was a healthy increase of competitive card=play from the sets before it(in simple terms the cards were more useful by just the right amount).

Lastly we have Silent Sands and Zenith of the Hive. They make last on my list because essentially they were a dry addon to Dawn of Perim Secrets. As much as I love Blazvatan- overall the decks were lackluster in cards and in strategies compared to their counterparts.

When it comes to how I built my list- it came to depth of play from each set. I really took into consideration how much more depth each set added to the game. I consider this the most important feature for a set release.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:45 am