Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Thadeaus, the Developer

thadeaus
    Common

Chaotic Username : Thadeaus
    Chaotic Coins : 6

Thadeaus, the Developer

Post by thadeaus on Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Hello all! I used to play chaotic back in the day and have just rediscovered it. I used to be in the top thousand or so players on the online game and had almost all the overworld cards! It was quite a collection. I have refouns my love of chaotic and want to buy cards again. I gave my old ones away to a younger friend a few years back and am kind of regretting it.

The main reason I am coming here, is not only to relive my days playing this game, but also to revive it. Over the next 6 months or so I would like to rebuild a chaotic board game online. I will post more about this in the general discussion. Thabks for letting me into your ranks. GLHFlets get chaotic Big Grin

Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2352

Re: Thadeaus, the Developer

Post by Marrillian on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:35 pm

I am interested in this prospect. What platform/tools will you be using?

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    thadeaus
    Common

Post by thadeaus on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:49 pm

I plan on just doing it as an in-browser game in HTML 5 and Javascript. If this proves too difficult to learn in this time, I will use my previous knowledge with Unity.

What are you interested in helping with, and what previous skills in game design do you have?

Edit: are there any known databases for all the stats on the cards? The chaotic wiki has most if them, but is lacking.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Making a game in html 5. Yea I tried that once... I did not have enough patience hehe. As for experience, eh... yea I don't really have much I played around in game maker and a very little bit (scratch the surface tutorial level) in unity. But as for programming experience, that is what I go to school for XD
    As for helping out, I personally find it easier to work on stuff when I have someone to work with. I really do badly as a solo developer. But my schedule is very sporadic, so I can't promise any consistent work. But I can look over code and help brainstorm with anything you do. Or if you have some documentation I can attempt to write functions. Just time is really my biggest constraint.

Light vi Britannia - 
    thadeaus
    Common

Post by thadeaus on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:51 pm

I can completely understand time being an issue. As for my experience I have a *complete* game on the steam workshop created in game maker and have created from scratch a platformer and a text based adventure game in C#. I also am pursuing a degree in Computer Science and am in my second year. I think the biggest things would be creating a database for all of the cards. Having someone to at least throw ideas around with would be great as well. Once my schedule opens up in a couple weeks (after midterms) I will be back with some better Ideas on what we need to create and build up as a group.

As a side note, where are you going to school and what are you in school for? If you don't want to answer that is fine, I understand Internet privacy is important.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Well here is a mostly complete list of values: http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t310-the-next-big-thing-zach-style#4224

I also have created a text based adventure game (was proud of my amount of multiple endings XD) in c# as well as a tile-matching game.

Light vi Britannia - 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:46 pm