Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
bobosmith01
hughjk
BlzvSprayTan
7 posters

Welcome to Masters- Creatures

BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Welcome to Masters- Creatures Empty Welcome to Masters- Creatures

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Welcome to the Creatures section of this Masters guide! Here I will be listing for you the most potentially dangerous/life-saving creatures in 6v6 Masters.

Before our discussion, I have to inform you that you will recognize most of these cards to be support creatures. Though there are very many influential cards that are built for combat, 'fighter' cards vary with each deck. Support creatures generally are more versatile, especially these creatures I am about to list to you.

Overworld Overworld Overworld

Welcome to Masters- Creatures 41X1xWY-qvL

I am convinced that Hune Paltanin is currently the best creature card in current Masters play. There are two reasons to her strength as a support creature.

1. Her stats are fairly impressive. Her Wisdom is off the hook, and her other Disciplines aren't bad either. Though 45 energy isn't particularly threatening, by having 0 elements it is possible to boost her to 65 with an Ikkatosh AK. 65 energy, a dagger or something seems like a fighter's stats to me. On top of all this she has 2 Mugic Counters that can help purchase your Mugic Cards, since you won't need to reserve MCs on her for an activated ability.
    2. Hune Paltanin has what we call a Triggered ability, and a good one too. Every time your opponent spends a Mugic Counter, she heals for 10 damage. Oh my! Let's break this down. First, spending Mugic Counters potentially happens more than gaining them(suck it Najarin FF), because creatures start out with Mugic Counters to spend. Second, a large portion of burn cards/abilities are about 10 damage per Mugic Counter, in which case she would completely negate. Thirdly, her ability is to a target. Yes, it may mean you can't heal untargetable cards, though those creatures probably aren't receiving burn anyway. What it does mean is that it isn't limited to combat or creatures in combat, and can be dished out to a different creature each time it is triggered. Finally, and most importantly, this ability will STILL WORK even after Ice Disks, Zamool Engage, or Dranakis Threshold-like abilities. This ability is Triggered, which means it isn't classified to be stopped by those types of cards. Hune Paltanin can therefore keep your deck alive in this current burn-throwing, ability-stripping meta.

Honorable Mentions:
    Garv is a pretty awesome card, as he is considered a caretaker and gives you easy access to flipping gear. He's not loyal, which means that you can use him for gear control in an Overworld deck, or a mixed deck.
    Najarin Fluidmorpher's Foe is a factory for Mugic Counters. These Counters can easily pay for multiple/expensive Mugic Cards, and can also be used to give your creatures all the energy they need to keep them alive in combat/against burn.
    Intress Natureforce is a pretty cool card. She is one of the best picks for gaining energy, and she sends those huge surges of energy to all cards at once. This means that you can easily cover your team from split burn damage. It also keeps you very much alive in combat.
    Olkiex is the source of flip decks. He gives you the power to flip down gear, what more is there to ask?

Underworld Underworld Underworld

Welcome to Masters- Creatures C-U_Nivenna

If I were to ask someone today what the best Underworld creature is in Masters, I almost guarantee that none of them would say Nivenna. Why? No idea, because this little gem gives SO MUCH to your Underworld deck. I find that offense can be hard to come by nowadays without throwing away too much defense. Defense is fairly easy to get: Xerium Armor, energy boosters, etc. Nivenna gives you high offense with the cost of 1 Mugic Counter. That's right folks: element 10, thats 10 extra damage on attack for the element you so wish, for just 1 Mugic Counter. Of course this ability is limited to once per turn, but that doesn't matter. That element 10 is easy offense for the first 3 combats, which generally is all you need. Zamool has always been in a tough spot, because he doesn't have abilities or the stats to pull out high damage. BUT HE DOES HAVE EARTH! Woot! That means you can hook him up with Drilldozer, Algal Wings, whatever you wish and he can still pack a mean punch if you have Nivenna. Forget burn, win yourself combats with Nivenna.

Honorable Mentions:
    Ulmar Perithon Racer gives you burn through a renewable ability. Each turn, and each Ulmar PR, will give you 10 damage; and as long as your renewing his fire, you can repeatedly deal that 10 damage.
    Agitos Eloquent Motivator I would like to discuss because he eases access to two other powerful cards' abilities: Lord Van Blood Servant of Aa'une's element strip and Galmedar's halting of healing/energy gain. Those two cards need the opponent's courage low for their abilities to work. Agitos EM is the guy that makes those abilities possible against higher courage creatures.
    Phelphor isn't used much, but he has a rather rare ability to be able to move your opponent's creatures. This can move one of your opponent's fighters back, or a support up. Either case can help you to make the right combats happen, or stop your opponent from making possibly dangerous combats.
    H'earring Tainted also has a rare ability that can mess up your opponent greatly. Often times your opponent can hold on to an attack card they need to win or change a combat, and H'earring Tainted allows you to simply discard that attack, whilst seeing the rest of your opponents hand.
    Zamool Lord Van Bloot's Enforcer really needs his own post one day, mainly because his ability gives you great advantage in combat. Sometimes it's enough to fully dominate a game.

Mipedian Mipedian Mipedian

Welcome to Masters- Creatures Enre-Hep_HMOTD

Enre-hep High Muge of the Desert should have never been created. His ability can be exploited to play cards that weren't made to be played a multitude of times, AND can be used to reverse what your opponent a taste of his own medicine. Cards like Tonal Destruction was not meant to be played 6 times, but now it's possible. Want to guard your deck from your opponent? Don't worry, because Enre-hep can use a Song of Shelter and apply it to all of your creatures. His ability is INSANE, and gives you access to all new strategies that wouldn't have even been thought of without him.

Honorable Mentions:
    Enre-hep(the original) is also very good in Masters play. He gives the most accessibility to applying recklessness to your opponent.
    Arkanin is very powerful due to his ability to spend Mugic Counters from your other muges. In mixed decks, this gives you potential for high burn and high healing ability.

Danian Danian Danian

Welcome to Masters- Creatures C-D_Illexia

Illexia is the card I have chosen for the Danian tribe. Illexia is one of the most powerful cards in all of the game and is a major contributor to why Danians can survive, if not dominate, the current meta. It is highly recommended to find a place for Illexia in your own Danian deck.

Illexia is fundamentally good for a number of reasons we will now discuss.

1. Adjacent creatures gain Defender. This is one of, if not the most, powerful creature ability in the game. By placing Illexia correctly in your deck(the middle row when the game begins) you will have ultimate control over which creature your opponent is able to fight in combat. This allows you to choose a creature from your deck based off of the creature your opponent is engaging with, and to stop your opponent from ignoring your most powerful fighters.
    2. Mandiblor count. It is fairly easy to get Mugic Counters onto Illexia, which is actually another strength of hers. Because of Illexia's ability that Mugic Counters on her count as Mandiblors, she allows you to have a higher Mandiblor count than you ever would without her. This greatly strengthens cards like Nimmei and Hermatred, which are already some of the most powerful fighers in the game.
    3. Easy Hive access. Though Elna does a great job activating the Hive for you, sometimes that doesn't cut it. Depending on your deck, Illexia can gain 1 Mugic Counter per turn on average. This is a simple back up to activate your Hive.
    4. Rough around the edges. Illexia is no puny scout: she comes with Earth and 60 energy. This makes her harder to burn, and more worthy to defend herself if your opponent ever manages to reach her.

Honorable mentions:
    Ramarhvir the Danian Hivebringer is usually the center of Danian revival. He can provide multiple, almost infinite, revivals and should definitely be taken seriously.
    Neekwin, put simply, is a beast card. When a card has its own meta deck, it usually means that it's the real deal. Taking Neekwins gear away is actually beneficial for this card's already good stats. This also makes him a fit revival card, since he doesn't get gear, or need it, upon revival.

Marrillian Marrillian Marrillian

Marrillians actually don't have too versatile of cards, though you should be on guard for their challenge Chieftans. I will breifly discuss, however, Milla'iin Foothold Commander and Ebena'bakku as two very powerful support cards.

Welcome to Masters- Creatures 1426_PRT

Milla'iin Foothold Commander is very much an under-dog. His ability to bring Mugic back is a strong one. Did you want multiple Unheard Melodies? No problem! You can get one every other turn! The reason why Milla'iin fc works is due to Fluidmorphers. Fluidmorphers earn multiple Mugic Counters per turn, and also have their own abilities as to which to spend those Mugic Counters. By dumping all of your Mugic Counters at the end of your opponents turn, you can use Milla'iin's ability with ease while still having Mugic Counters later to spend on your Mugic Cards/abilities.

Welcome to Masters- Creatures 525

Ebena'bakku's strength is pretty clear. With Fluidmorphers, and even just high Mugic Counter Minions, you can take away your opponents control over their own attack cards. Attack cards have a lot of influence in Masters, so by switching up the order of which they're played can really make your opponent miss opportunities for gaining/keeping lead over you.

Honorable Mentions:
    Gan'trak offers a whole different playstyle to the game. By doing so, your opponent may be unprepared to fight its style of deck.
    Dror'niq is a very powerful Fluidmorpher. He's only a common, he has decent energy and has the potential to do 10 damage every time he is attacked. This gives him great damage in combat, often too much for his opponent.

Other:

Welcome to Masters- Creatures 1561_PRT

I had to just mention Ursis simply because he is very strong in a strange way. He is a Muge with very high energy. Combining high energy and multiple Mugic Counters: this guy can feed an Arkanin MCs, or buy his own Psionic Serenade. His attack potential is usually fairly low, however, so make sure to use it against him.

I hope you all enjoyed this guide to creatures, and that this new knowledge help you in your next game/deck build!

Please share all your comments!

Link back to main post:
    https://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t591-welcome-to-masters-a-collection-of-cards-you-must-know-before-playing
    hughjk
    hughjk
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Windonka
    Chaotic Coins : 66

Welcome to Masters- Creatures Empty Re: Welcome to Masters- Creatures

Post by hughjk Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:15 pm

Very informative, thank you! Big Grin
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:30 pm

NECROOOOOOO

Since it's already been necro'd, I'll ask this: I notice a lot of "factory" for mugic counters and of the sort. How do you get mugic counters and distribute them so easily? For example, you mention on Enrehep that Tonal Destruction should not have been played 6 times, but he only has 2 mugic counters. Is there some rule or exploit on mugic [counters] I'm unaware of? Because frankly, that's why I've always found M'arillians practically useless-not having enough counters to do anything.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:32 pm

Fal'makin, Fluidmorphers, and Minions solve that problem. From what I know, Mipedian Balladeer's Flutes are the goto thing for MCs and a staple in most decks.

There's actually a combo with Fal'makin and Milla'iin that people like, since Fal'makin can cast Mugic without MCs, Milla'iin can cycle them back in, leading to an an endless barrage of Consuming Cacophonies if you so wish(Tuning Fork and Uksum on your team"
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:07 pm

So many ways to get/move mugics, Dibbani, Na-inna, Inner Flood, Flute are just a few. not that hard to get 6 mugics on a creature. Enre-Hep really only has to copy it 4 times to get to that 6.
    M'arillians seem to me the easiest to get mugic counters thanks to Fluidmorph.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:18 pm

But lazerbem, you have to sacrifice balladeer's flute. How does that work?

I see where those staple creatures can help (more reason for me to like Dibanni, hellz yeah), but they just feel so few and few in between..
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Flute starts the game face up, that's why it's used over Mugician's Lyre, which is flipped upon engaging or if you use an ability or Mugic(but why would you do that? it'd be a waste). The Flute is also a double bonus for Najarin, Fluidmorpher's Foe, as he will gain two MC or force your opponent to pass up on gaining an MC from the Flute's effect.

Stuff like Bi-Mowercycle, Flute, and Weightless Energy Vessel are basically in effect since the beginning of the game and can be used at any time
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Post by Oraklon Afjak Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:20 pm

bobosmith01 wrote:How do you get mugic counters and distribute them so easily? For example, you mention on Enrehep that Tonal Destruction should not have been played 6 times, but he only has 2 mugic counters. Is there some rule or exploit on mugic counters I'm unaware of? Because frankly, that's why I've always found M'arillians practically useless-not having enough counters to do anything.
    you have to sacrifice balladeer's flute. How does that work?

Sacrificing a Battlegear or Creature means putting it from the battleboard to the discard. If you're even vaguely familiar with the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG or anime (or any other TCG with sacrificial cards), this should have been pretty obvious.

Anyway, these are ways to throw around counters in a Mipedian-only deck since Enre-hep is Loyal:
    Dibanni - Obvious method is obvious.
    Mipedian Balladeer's Flute - Already covered. Also works well with Dibanni. Keep in mind that there's a good chance that your opponent may be running them
    Na-inna - Can slingshot a counter from one Creature to another once per turn. Note that this can also move a counter from one OPPOSING Creature to another should you see fit. Creatures like Nivenna and Arbeid and Garv are all cool when they have counters on them. You know what makes them a lot less useful? When you move those counters somewhere else. This can also throw a wrench into casts costing 2 or more Mugic counters.
    Na-inna Rebel - See above for the Flute. Except she's a Flute ON LEGS.
    The Rao'Pa Sahkk Chimegrid - The instant this becomes active and the ability resolves, each players adds a counter to one Creature they control. Unlike the Flute, there is no "may" clause, which means it's non-negotiable.
    Bodal's Arsenal - Gives you back Flutes,

As mentioned, Enre-hep HM doesn't need to be the one casting the Mugic to copy it. Cast it from a different Creature like Xelfe or Ranun, then use Enre-hep HM to copy it. If your opponent uses any dispelling Mugic like the blue and red Refrains or Dissonance of Will, then they end up wasting counters to negate a single use and the other uses resolve anyway. As in doing this can't be stopped unless this game ever gets a card with an ability like Time Stop.

Saying you consider M'arrillians next to useless for their lack of innate Mugic ability tells me you're either new to Masters format or the game in general (in either case, welcome), or are deadly unfamiliar with the M'arrillian tribe. The Deep Ones have an entire mechanic that exists solely within their tribe*: Fluidmorph. When a Creature you control with Water deals damage with a Water Attack ("dealing Water damage"), any Creatures you control with Fluidmorph gain one Mugic counter. In dedicated M'arrillian decks, that means their casters are potentially gaining counter with almost EVERY Attack they play. There's a reason that Dror'niq was a monster in 1v1 Masters games in Beta, and why Unheard Melody is one of the most feared casts in the game. And if you knew about Gan'trak and some of their Chieftains with Mugic discard abilities, not to mention the fact that they have access to Minion support, you'd know that the M'arr don't always need Mugic counters to crush you.

*Nunk'worn, Assimilated is the only exception, purely for the reason of being infected by a Danian parasite.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Post by bobosmith01 Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:13 pm

I see. I was unaware of fluidmorph ability, and was wondering what everyone was referring to.
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Post by Hilgodestroyer Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:48 pm

I'd also say if we were going to do an Honorable Mention for Underworlds Kopond High Muge of the Hearth is a pretty decent one to have. In my opinion at least since he can do a lot of extra damage with his ability.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Hilgodestroyer wrote:I'd also say if we were going to do an Honorable Mention for Underworlds Kopond High Muge of the Hearth is a pretty decent one to have. In my opinion at least since he can do a lot of extra damage with his ability.
    Blaz and I have talked about this, and I believe Kopond's not on the list for the fact that he's too narrow in terms of strategy and has limited usefulness. Garv can either reveal sacrificial or tactical gear, or disable opposing gear. Agitos EM owns board moment and creates a discipline gap. Original Enre can bank all of your counters or provide passive burn on opponents. Heck, Blaz played a game against me where I used Illexia and Ramarhvir for nigh-infinite revives of Neekwin and Hiadrom.
    Kopond has a Mugic Ability of 2, which lets him cast two amped Canons, and that's about it. He's too narrow and outlives his usefulness once his counters are depleted. Same reason Arbeid didn't make the list.
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Post by Hilgodestroyer Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Okay, then let me add this into my defense for Kopond. Nivenna is good for helping with elemental damage while Agitos is good for that stat gap. But Nivenna can only use her ability for so long till she runs out of counters. Which isn't a bad thing, because obviously you can just sacrifice the creatures that are no longer of much use. Which is why a creature like Kopond HMoH is good for pick off kills, because if you have a Chaor TF that almost has a creature killed but it might still have like 20 energy left, one Improvisational Melody from Kopond HMoH can wipe it off the floor. Not to mention if Choar TF just got done doing some kind of fire attack that might have did 20 damage that Mugic would have cost nothing. Not to mention other mugics used with Kopond HMoH are going to hurt more than being used with other creatures. Like Roar of the Mob or Shock Song or Nocture of the Elements. You just have to play the cards at the right moment in the battle with Kopond HMoH. But I can understand why he wouldn't be good enough to make it up on the mentions now though. Since he isn't the strongest energy card, so he might get taken out if someone wants to destroy him from the side lines.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Post by Oraklon Afjak Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:00 am

Nivenna boosts all disciplines of warriors in her army by 10, and 3 counters with her activated ability makes her more versatile to cast her ability or Mugic. Both abilities also make her useful in more than only one kind of deck.
    Enre-hep HM can, as Blaz mentioned, force the opponent to discard all of their Mugic at the beginning of the game, or used throughout the game to effectively override dispels to your crucial casts. Enre-hep is therefore a much more strategic enabler than Kopond could hope to be. Looping back to Nivenna, she's still useful without Mugic in your hand.
    Hune Paltanin's only ability may be healing, but against non-OverWorlders, she can do it as many times as they can lose counters. Players have combo-ed her with Supercooled Rain for up to 40 damage healed. Plus she has 2 counters to possibly cast Refrain or something, and the highest wisdom range in the game makes her immune to removal with an AZAIA Mindprobe. And being a triggered ability allows her to work even with Zamool engaged.

Kopond is formidable in a burn deck, but that's the ONLY kind of deck he can go in because of his lack of versatility. Taking Kopond out of a deck that includes him and switching him for any of the other UnderWorld support listed here isn't liable to make the deck less effective in terms of strategy. I reiterate that guys like Kopond and Arbeid and even Karraba all do their jobs very well, yet they can only do but the one job, and quickly outlive their usefulness. Looping back to Nivenna vs Kopond (why not both?), should you face an army of untargetables such as Neekwin revival or Ankhyja SotA, Nivenna's stat boosting and element pumping still make her dangerous opposition that makes the opponent answer or die. Meanwhile, Kopond sits twiddling his thumbs because he can't do the only thing he knows how to do. He did not make the list because there's no real strategy to including him and no measure of "how you use him" that you see on creatures like Garv and doesn't have as much game-changing potential as anyone on this list. And heavens help him if his casts get dispelled, because he's a waste of space from that point on.

Bonus round since you mentioned Chaor TF: using Nivenna's ability on him or Taki SK--which thankfully has a "once per turn" limit for everyone's sake--will pay for itself in damage over Kopond after the second attack. Which can be used every turn as long as she can pay for it, and isn't as prone to dispels as poor Kopond. Kopond vs OverWorlders can provide an aggressive rush to keep them on their heels (heal pun). Nivenna can steadily wear them down a lot faster with every strike, and she'd laugh as their resources are depleted while she still has counters to spare for future pain.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:12 pm

What about Bahrakatan? He saves tons of creatures from gear removal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:22 am