Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

What would bring back some activity?

Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2348

What would bring back some activity?

Post by Marrillian on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:43 pm

After a few hectic last weeks of school and an overall busy semester, I'm on a nice winter break. So I have stopped by happy to be greeted by a few posts. Great job guys. But now with an increase of personal time (which I believe others can relate to) I was wondering what could spike up activity around here. Contests? I like that because I can provide rewards site related if wanted. Tournaments are nice, but usually a bit hard to coordinate Frown

I'm pondering what would be cool to do, so provide some feedback, cause you know, everyone's opinions are valued.

Last edited by Marrillian on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Re: What would bring back some activity?

Post by BlzvSprayTan on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Idk Marril, last time I tried to ramp up activity it didn't do much. During the summer when most were off we had a few show, so maybe a newsletter brought them here?

I messaged Blargers about the time of the anniversary and he said he would make an appearance at some point, have yet to see him though.

Let me know if you want to conspire together anything that would bring some people back to the site.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====

Every Beast has a purple lining.

~Tan
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Release a mobile app. Yup sounds like I need another 2 years of college.

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    formerlyknownasbakugan22
    Common

Chaotic Username : bakugan22
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Post by formerlyknownasbakugan22 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:32 pm

In my opinion this board is way too big. I am aware that this is currently a dead thread, but discussing this matter here would probably be for the best since it is already pinned. I would suggest that members keep links of all active threads in their signatures for the time being to give new/returning members an idea of what is going on. The few remaining members here also need to try to participate the few active threads that this board has, just to breathe some life here. I am saying all of this as someone who was previously pretty much just a lurker.

Another topic that I might as well bring up are fan-fictions. I really like how fan-fictions are able to express the creativity and dedication of fans. The problem is that there doesn't seem to necessarily be a large audience to write for. If anyone else out there wants to start writing fan-fiction, how about we serve as each other's audience? We could possibly bounce ideas off of one another, or at the very least serve as motivation for one another to keep on writing.

I would like to thank anyone who took the time to read this post, and to ask that if you care about this community to please respond with your own thoughts.

Last edited by formerlyknownasbakugan22 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Attached signature.)

Active threads that I have/am participating in:
    CHAOTIC GAME APP. (NEED EMPLOYEES) (http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t745-chaotic-game-app-need-employees)
    What would bring back some activity? (http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t605-what-would-bring-back-some-activity#10219)
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : brainard52
    Chaotic Coins : 86

Post by brainard52 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Gonna have to agree with it being way too large. If you'd like, we can keep these as the backup forums and I can spin something up on my VPS for active members. We wouldn't need many boards to just talk about stuff. I'd create the important boards, but not anything that's not been used for a long time.

Old Signatures:

Second:

First:

formerlyknownasbakugan22
    Common

Post by formerlyknownasbakugan22 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Thanks for replying brainard52. How much do you think that the new forums should be condensed down to?

CHAOTIC GAME APP. (NEED EMPLOYEES) (http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t745-chaotic-game-app-need-employees)
    What would bring back some activity? (http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t605-what-would-bring-back-some-activity#10219)
    trackerjacker
    Common

Chaotic Username : PeytonicAppr
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by trackerjacker on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:29 pm

I also agree with the forum board being way too large, and also creating a smaller more organized board is more suitable since we only have few active members making activity here.

Hey brainard52 whats a VPS ?
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:03 am

@trackerjacker wrote:I also agree with the forum board being way too large, and also creating a smaller more organized board is more suitable since we only have few active members making activity here.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, if you're referring to the number of subforums. This forum has been set up to be a replica of the original (plus a few extra sections). I'm not sure what creating a smaller forum would accomplish. I don't find navigation too difficult here... I don't think it would increase activity to condense stuff.
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 280

Post by bobosmith01 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:02 pm

I actually think it's fine the way it is, though the general talks could be condensed.
    formerlyknownasbakugan22
    Common

Post by formerlyknownasbakugan22 on Fri May 01, 2015 7:07 pm

What do you mean by general talks?

brainard52
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : brainard52
    Chaotic Coins : 86

Post by brainard52 on Sat May 02, 2015 10:30 am

@trackerjacker wrote:Hey brainard52 whats a VPS ?

In simple terms, it's a server.

In more complex terms, it's virtualized hardware that runs server software.

As for condensation of the boards, one of the larger problems I see is that people have the ability to just post wherever. That might make the forum seem pretty vacant.

Old Signatures:

Second:

First:

Mattwo
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
    Chaotic Coins : 60

Post by Mattwo on Sat May 30, 2015 12:35 am

The simple answer to the topic title is the game and cartoon coming back. But that's not going to happen unless the remaining fans continue them themselves.

I told you all Chaotic was going to die. You didn't listen.
    Lynxx
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hastur
    Chaotic Coins : 36

Post by Lynxx on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:07 am

We need exposure be it through social media or word of mouth we need to spread the word that there's a community still alive for this game.
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:39 pm

@Lynxx wrote:We need exposure be it through social media or word of mouth we need to spread the word that there's a community still alive for this game.

Considering how few people there are who would actually check dead hashtags and how few people are actually still around...yea not going to work. I'm sure most people already gave up like I did.

Lynxx
    Common

Post by Lynxx on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Well it's either that or get someone big in he tcg gaming community to give this site a spotlight... nothing else comes to mind.

I can see why everyone gave up it's pretty tough.
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:11 am

If we can get enough people on Twitter to spam it and make it one of the hottest hashtags and all that we may be able to get a bigger influx, but few people would be willing to stick around without an actual game.
    There are a couple of ways we could get probably people to come and look into Chaotic, but the real problem is getting people to stick around. Even this site had a bigger number of people at one point, but there's very little besides discussion to keep people coming back and most people would want to play the game.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:57 pm

This post was about how to increase activity internally (as in the forum) example here. But you guys can continue.

Light vi Britannia - 
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:55 am

@Marrillian wrote:This post was about how to increase activity internally (as in the forum) example here. But you guys can continue.
    Honestly my point about the game and cartoon not being worked on right now still stands. There isn't a whole lot to discuss.

Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 422

Post by Blitser on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:22 am

One of my philosophies is that if you don't need to talk, then don't. Funny attitude for a forum admin perhaps, but nonetheless I only really reply when other people are looking for information.

I think there's quite a few of us who are this way. If you check the bottom of the forums for logins within the last 24 hours you can see this is rather clearly a lively forum... We just don't have enough to discuss right now. Wait for an old player to hop on and make a greeting topic and everyone comes out all at once.

Blitser
    Grand Master of the Grapefruit Brigade

• Here for a visit? Come say hi to everyone in this topic!
    • Got a question that you want answered? The forum staff are here for any and all Chaotic inquiries!
    • Do you have an idea to help improve upon the forums? Share it here!
    • Interested in a Chaotic TeamSpeak? Post here!
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:32 am

@Blitser wrote:One of my philosophies is that if you don't need to talk, then don't. Funny attitude for a forum admin perhaps, but nonetheless I only really reply when other people are looking for information.

I'm entirely certain you're far from the only form admin or moderator who behaves this way. I mean aside from big name-brand forums like ones for online games or services where the mods are only really there to provide support to begin with. On Zippcast there is only one moderator who frequents the forums (similar to how Blargers was the most active mod on Chaotic) and he doesn't usually start topics, and while he does on occasion, but they're usually either site-related or really silly ones that burn out rather quickly. Zippcat's forums aren't all that active to begin with though. Most people only really use the site to upload and watch videos. I think there's still some semblance of a community between some uploaders on their videos or outside Zippcast but I'm not entirely sure(the main problem with Zippcast right now by contrast is that it is a very much work in progress site that's full of bugs, but most of them will be ironed out when they release the new site core, so their issues aren't really comparable to these forum's).

Lynxx
    Common

Post by Lynxx on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:52 am

Well for forums activity...competitions always liven up stuff for example a fan fiction contest or art contest could be made deck building too. Maybe use these to make a community made story? stuff like that could be fun heck even card creation contests to possibly make a new set for the game would be cool.
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 280

Post by bobosmith01 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:16 pm

^
    Also, woah, what's with this vote thing? I just accidentally devoted someone. Unsure
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm pretty sure there isn't a downvote option? At least I don't see one Tongue

Light vi Britannia - 
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 422

Post by Blitser on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:25 pm

There's a like system not that it really gets used. DarkerUnsure Or has matching icons to the rest of the forum.

I spy a post in this topic with one like, so perhaps that's what you meant.

Blitser
    Grand Master of the Grapefruit Brigade

• Here for a visit? Come say hi to everyone in this topic!
    • Got a question that you want answered? The forum staff are here for any and all Chaotic inquiries!
    • Do you have an idea to help improve upon the forums? Share it here!
    • Interested in a Chaotic TeamSpeak? Post here!
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:14 am

Well it doesn't seem possible to remove a like so I doubt it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:28 pm