Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Viqtarr

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Viqtarr Empty Viqtarr

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:17 am

General description:
    Even though looked down upon, he is very effective. His somewhat low rarity and his occurrence in an earlier set makes him easy to obtain either from a pack or a trade. In addition he has two elements and ok energy. Making him able to stand up a bit and be able to deal decent elemental damage; but without any Mugic counters he definitely screams out “I need supporting creatures.”

Strategies and game play:
    His ability is very good unless you are facing Danian or fellow Overworlder decks. Having a Tarterek Psi overloader can boast his wisdom. If you wait for the opponent to play a good attack first, feeling that his creature’s wisdom is higher then yours and he is safe from Viqtarr’s ability; play Tarterek’s ability, and prevent that damage. Also having attacks such as Out Freeze and Mineral Mayhem will help you negate your opponents first attack (try having location that give Viqtarr initiative). Since most Mipedians aren’t usually high in these stats, a very good anti Mipedian deck can have Viqtarr with defender and Arbeid. This way you negate the strike first, and then if they are saving any powerful attacks, reduce it to 5 with Arbeid. Even if they have an attack like Before the Storm, Viqtarr’s ability will just kick in again.

Ways to counteract it:
    Except from the obvious of having high courage and/or wisdom creatures there aren’t many ways. Mipedian strike decks can have Trills of Diminution. You can still respond to this with Arbeid.

Strengths/Pros:
    Anti strike decks
    Elemental attacks
    Wisdom/courage attacks

Weaknesses/Cons:
    Useless against consistent low damage decks, burn decks, and by himself: decks with high courage and wisdom.

Artwork and aesthetics:
    He is in a dense forest in what seems to be a blizzard. You can tell its cold by his breath vapor coming out of his mouth in what seems to be him doing an intimidating yell. He has cool markings and a sash that holds a huge hammer-weapon. Even though only a hand appears he seems to be fighting Karraba a fellow Overworlder. Some feed back would be appreciated on who that could be.

Overall rating:
    The balance of this card is excellent and even though underused has great potential. 9/10

Last edited by Marrillian on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:36 am; edited 3 times in total
    Mightiest_Mortal
    Mightiest_Mortal
    Common

Chaotic Username : shawzam
    Chaotic Coins : 12

Viqtarr Empty Love the review!

Post by Mightiest_Mortal Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Great job on the review, Viqtaar has always been one of my favorite creatures. But you're right, very few people use him anymore. Used correctly, he can be good for more than just anti-strike - just wish he had one counter, that would be helpful. One of the pride of my collection is a max energy Viqtaar with max wisdom and power and 5 from max courage and speed. Final note: he was always fun to use against newbies who got mad when they "couldn't do any damage."
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Viqtarr Empty Re: Viqtarr

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Anti-strike decks just are what he is most successful against though. I mean most decks really would waste their most powerful attacks on viqtar (except the exceptions lol). Strike decks can't help but waste their strike on viqtar so that's why i put so much emphasis on that. Of course he has helped me in so many battles, even though i'm hoping to replace him with Intress NF soon.
    seeker1231
    seeker1231
    Common

Chaotic Username : seeker1231
    Chaotic Coins : 24

Viqtarr Empty ah

Post by seeker1231 Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:31 am

nice i use him in a anit strike deck with some of my mrillans Big Grin 

Sponsored content

Viqtarr Empty Re: Viqtarr

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 am