Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

How Broken Are Ariak and Og?

lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

How Broken Are Ariak and Og? Empty How Broken Are Ariak and Og?

Post by lazerbem Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:00 pm

Are Ariak and Og broken in terms of their abilities?

I know the codemasters are supposed to have powerful stuff, but still, imagine if they were actual cards, they'd necessitate Range and Swift
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

How Broken Are Ariak and Og? Empty Re: How Broken Are Ariak and Og?

Post by Oraklon Afjak Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:06 am

You gotta account for the fact that not all cards in the show match their counterparts in the game. Sha-Kree Flats draining energy vs the real version which gives elementalists and extra element. I imagine the real Ariak being something along the lines of needing to sacrifice him or pay several/all of his Generic MC and definitely Unique or Legendary.

As for the show versions, Ariak died to one Flame Orb. That would put his energy range somewhere around Siril'ean's, so one Canon of Casualty and maybe a nudge more burn will code him as the match starts. Removal is alive and well for this exact purpose.
    Same deal for Og, or against a strike deck who can finish each creature swiftly, or a deck who runs adequate healing and can fend off the revived attackers. Og actually has a ton of counters if you think about it.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:20 am

I feel Ariak getting one-shotted isn't a good representative, a lot of the time, the energies in the show are less, best example being Proboscar being Lavalanched once and being taken down

Still good point, he'd probably be limited in the actual TCG. Still, he'd be an annoyance.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Off topic, but I wanted to say that your signature is quite stupendous! Very nice job showing some Chaotic spirit.

On topic, Afjak made a really good point that often times the cards in our game seem to have less impact than they do in the show. On the tcg side, it keeps the cards balanced. On the show side, it keeps you entertained.

In the show, what happens during the fight is provided as entertainment, whereas in the game there is no time/roleplay between attacks. Also, the card game is more about slowly picking correctly, which means more attacks and attacks that don't have game-winning impact in and among themselves. This is why cards like Fortissimo are much different between the show and the game.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:28 pm

This is true, Ariak and Og would likely be nerfed. I'm just saying that both would be hilariously broken if not nerfed.

Ariak could revive Ursis or some other beater repeatedly as your opponent wastes Mugic and Battlegear trying to beat him. Og's effect being translated to the TCG I suppose would be that your opponent can attack you 6 times in a row, picking one creature for each attack, then you attack once and the cycle repeats.

Either would be nerfed, but it's just fun to think about the amount of rage that would induce

Off topic, thank you Big Grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:06 pm