Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Creature cards vs scans

cromax123456
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : cromax123456
    Chaotic Coins : 401

Creature cards vs scans

Post by cromax123456 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Say if Chaotic and Perim were real, there should be something special for creatures that get scanned compared to physical cards and online cards so people would go to Perim and scan more. Scanning creatures powered up by Mugic should grant people stronger creatures and such. What would you guys think is fair?
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 588

Re: Creature cards vs scans

Post by lazerbem on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Locations can also grant boosts like that or abilities. Also, certain things would be far easier, given that Chaotic seems to operate on a similar logic to Yugioh in terms of card rarity(only 4 Blue Eyes White Dragons cards made).

Flipside, you can get a weakened creature

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====

The Mad One
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:31 pm

I meant it more along the lines of what would be fair for the creatures before it seems too overpowered, maybe max stats for the cards will be base for the scans and creatures can gain new elements and abilities like it was shown in Hotekk's Challenge? The weakened creature part did cross my mind but that could be only during battles or there are timers on the changed stats.
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:06 pm

I don't think there are really any rules as to how buffed your creature can be. CoolTom's Viqtarr was buff as Hell from Mugic.

If you really wanted to, I doubt there's a rule against scanning a creature that used Fortissimo

The Mad One
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 938

Post by Chiodosin1 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Do you think the mugic would where off mid-battle though? You'd have to work fast to make sure you used your creature while it was pumped up.
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Post by lazerbem on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Possibly, but some Mugic wouldn't wear off so quickly, at least not quickly enough that it won't reset by next battle. I would assume Surge Wong influenced creatures would work well for that.

Another thing, scanned cards have knowledge of the creature inside of them and could have learned new attacks, ala Najarin and Hoton respectively. It's worth noting that in the show's context, attacks have to be learned, so I doubt that Maxxor, for example, could use Incinerase

The Mad One
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 280

Post by bobosmith01 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 pm

My interpretation is that "scans" can have more stat variety, but that includes them be lower stats, like how Tangath Toborn's energy was low when he was sick.

Whilst cards are more of an average.

Though I would assume scans are generally stronger, yes.
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Very true for attacks, though should it be learned like in Pokemon games? If not then anyone have any ideas? What I'm thinking is that there should be different attacks that can be scanned and a compatibility to the different creatures. Then some of those attacks can be "equipped" to the creatures so people don't miss out too much for attack capabilities.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2352

Post by Marrillian on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:58 am

If you ever played shadow warriors I think that resembles how it works. So yea it would be like pokemon.

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:22 am