Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Question about Outperform

Juke
    Juke
    newb

Chaotic Username : Juke
    Chaotic Coins : 4

Question about Outperform Empty Question about Outperform

Post by Juke Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:05 pm

If a creature successfully passes all of the checks on an attack with more than one of the same Stat Check (like Acceleration or Progressive Speed), while equipped with Aspect Amplifier: Agility, does Outperform: Speed give its 5 bonus damage once or 3 times for the 3 successful stat checks?
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Question about Outperform Empty Re: Question about Outperform

Post by Oraklon Afjak Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Juke wrote:If a creature successfully passes all of the checks on an attack with more than one of the same Stat Check (like Acceleration or Progressive Speed), while equipped with Aspect Amplifier: Agility, does Outperform: Speed give its 5 bonus damage once or 3 times for the 3 successful stat checks?
    No. Succeeding in multiple Stat Checks, Challenges, and Stat Fails of the same discipline won't deal more damage. If I had any of my rulebooks with me as I was typing this, I'd give you the exact page(s) to cite.If you have "Outperform X" in multiple disciplines and succeed in each of those disciplines (e.g Outper. Wisdom 5 and -Speed 5 on Ghost Gouge), then they would each trigger for their own discipline.

Example: Aivenna uses some courage/wisdom attack I'm going to make up ("Mental Breakdown" since I'm feeling lazy):
    Base 0, no elemental
    Stat Check Courage 80: Deal 5 damage -> Succeeded
    Challenge Wisdom 10: Deal 5 damage -> Succeeded
    Challenge Wisdom 20: Deal 5 damage and gain 5 energy, -> Succeeded
    End result: Aivenna deals 25 damage (15 normal, outper. wis. 5 and -cour. 5) and gains 5 energy.

Related: Chaotic's R&D team designed outperform this way to keep on par with the "Element X" mechanic, so yes it is fair.

Last edited by Afjak∞ on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Post by Hilgodestroyer Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:31 pm

But it still works with Challenges and Fails then? Or is it just for checks? Like basically if it's that type of attack that has something to do with the outperforming skill. Like say I think it's Brave Charge when it's the 3 Challenges for Courage? So basically you'll do 5 damage whether or not you pass every challenge or not?

And for a stat fail would you just do 5 damage whether or not the opponent failed any since it was a stat that you could outperform?

Basically just asking if it still counts even if you don't complete the stat check since it still is considered the an attack that you are outperforming?
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Post by Oraklon Afjak Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:52 pm

Each Aspect Amplifier reminder text wrote:(Equipped Creature deals an additional 5 damage with
    successful {INSERT DISCIPLINE} attacks.)
    The rulebook defines a discipline attack as being one that contains a Stat Check, Challenge, or Stat Fail in the corresponding discipline. If you had a creature with 45 speed and outperform s. 5, and you used Poison Sphere against my slowpoke Tangath OG (who has 25 speed), you would fail the check and still deal 20 damage because the attack was still a successful speed attack. So yes, successful Challenges and Stat Fails still apply, since they still make a discipline attack what it is.
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Post by Hilgodestroyer Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:29 pm

Okay, that clears up a lot. Probably could have read the rule book myself to check that xD. But since the thread was up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am