Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Vix'ben

ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 194

Vix'ben

Post by ketac123 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:44 am

Question about vix'ben i have is if the opponent can play 2 mugics to get rid of Vix'bens mugics first and then get to play the mugic they want on the same burst... Example i have Vix'ben with 3 mugic counters and play carnivor's keening and they play a random mugic to get rid of Vix'bens counters and play refrain of denial to negate keening, can they do that?
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 878

Re: Vix'ben

Post by Chiodosin1 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Vix'ben's ability says "When an opposing Creature plays a Mugic Card, remove all Mugic counters from Vix'ben. If you removed more Mugic counters this way than the Mugic Card's cost, negate that Mugic." The key phrase in that is when your opponent play a mugic not when it resolves. so it would work like this say an opposing vix'ben has 2 mugic counters and you play your carnivores keening with another creatures counter and I play song of stasis vixben's ability would immediately trigger into the burst and he would have to remove his 2 mugic counters as cost. Next say I decide to play refrain of denial in the same burst targeting you carnivores keening now that vixbens been neutralized. Vixbens ability triggers again but since he no longer has any counters to pay it won't do anything. If the burst resolved here my refrain of denial would resolve first and dispel your carnivores keening. Next vixbens ability would resolve negating my song of stasis and next song of stasis and carnivores keening would resolve but since there we negated they would simply be discarded.

The short answer yes your opponent could do that since vixben's effect triggers when a mugic is played not when it resolves

Current date/time is Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:26 pm