Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Shock song

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Shock song Empty Shock song

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:39 pm

This has always been something that bugs me. In the turn of the tide expansion there were four uncommon mugics released one for each of the original four tribes. They all had effects that were decent but got better if you had only creatures of that tribe. Three of them: fanfare of the elemental champions, katharaz's cacophony and symphony of the guard all cost one mugic counter. For some reason though the underworld card, shock song, costs two. I've always wondered why. Was it a misprint? Did they think it was too overpowered if so why not just  change the effect. I feel like the Underworld got short changed because all the other tribes got some fairly useful mugic and shock song at two cost just isn't worth it. if you have any information or a theory i'd love to hear it.
    Sparten11
    Sparten11
    Common

Chaotic Username : Sparten11
    Chaotic Coins : 10

Shock song Empty Re: Shock song

Post by Sparten11 Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:48 pm

It could have been an attempt at countering some imbalances from previous sets. I was so sad when the first Refrain of Denial card I got cost 2 counters, especially when I used to play brute force with my friends with creatures that hardly had any counters. XD

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am