Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Mattwo
KingMaxxor4
formerlyknownasbakugan22
bobosmith01
CladNKaos
1bigwarriors
trackerjacker
brainard52
ElementalDraco218
13 posters

CHAOTIC GAME APP. (NEED EMPLOYEES)

ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Draco218
    Chaotic Coins : 245

CHAOTIC GAME APP. (NEED EMPLOYEES) Empty CHAOTIC GAME APP. (NEED EMPLOYEES)

Post by ElementalDraco218 Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:09 am

so the whole point of this topic is Simple. I am looking for hardcore fans of Chaotic and are good with compute. I am in the process of making the story line to an application for android and making character sprites. The game will play out a lot like Zenonia. The ultimate warrior saving the realm. You can pick from Kaz, Tom, Sarah, Peyton, Klay, Cristella, and later on if we get the app going we can add unlockable characters like the code masters and so on. Also I want to be able to find a way to create a code randomizer so that way people can take the codes from their very own collection and use them in the game. This would be (at first) an offline app but later we can update it to where people can play online against other players.
    So far the idea is much like the show. You play the unlikely hero choosing your tribe and battling to save perim. The fighting format would have to be low key so it would pretty much play out in yugioh or duel masters format much like the gameboy advanced format. THINK SHADOW WARRIORS but in pixel format. Later I will add links to the pixel format character sprites and you can let me know what you think. I feel personally that even if people aren't into chaotic they can play the game just for fun. Most will just feel that it is a new game or something.
    Also we would be the selling for $1.25 - $4.99 We would add a free demo so that way we can earn customers. Also I will create adds and put them on major websites. And then we split the pay.
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : brainard52
    Chaotic Coins : 89

CHAOTIC GAME APP. (NEED EMPLOYEES) Empty Re: CHAOTIC GAME APP. (NEED EMPLOYEES)

Post by brainard52 Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:33 am

I'm not sure selling it would go down so well legally. Another member and I (plus one more, but they wouldn't be involved until much later) are considering making a new pad and releasing it under the MIT license. Even this is super great and I'm not going to start until I know the full legal implications.
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Post by ElementalDraco218 Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:45 pm

Okay then. Make It Nonprofitable
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Post by ElementalDraco218 Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:46 pm

Hey brainard, add me to Facebook. Facebook / ElementalDraco218
    trackerjacker
    trackerjacker
    Common

Chaotic Username : PeytonicAppr
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by trackerjacker Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:10 pm

You're awesome dude, I don't know much about programming but can you use the data of other games in creating the app like on chaotic shadow warriors,Yugioh,Zelda(if possible) and if you make the game free will it still face legal problems because some apps on Googleplay are a copycat of another game but you don't see them facing legal problems does that have a connection to being free?
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Post by ElementalDraco218 Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:23 am

Actually I don't see there being any legal problem but brainard is in fact right. I need to make sure the legalistics are in fact legit or I or anyone with me will face legal suit. So I have to be careful. As for the app idea I haven't gotten far but I need someone who is a programer. I am handling production , story and sprite work. So if anyone takes the fall it's me should something happen. Not that it would. But the app itself would at most be (as a starter in beta) be given to those on this forum. For free. The general idea I have is taking the pokemon game format as an example and map out the same platform without actually taking anything from pokemon. It's going to take some serious time. The game will not be in high graphic format until probably later format but yes the game will be a similar fan based concept of Shadow warriors and M'arrillian Invasion.
    1bigwarriors
    1bigwarriors
    Common

Chaotic Username : somedude
    Chaotic Coins : 18

Post by 1bigwarriors Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:16 am

I am learning programming at college right now, but I am only a freshman so it'll be awhile before I would actually be able to help on something like this
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Post by brainard52 Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:13 pm

1bigwarriors wrote:I am learning programming at college right now, but I am only a freshman so it'll be awhile before I would actually be able to help on something like this

Which language?
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Post by ElementalDraco218 Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:03 am

1bigwarriors wrote:I am learning programming at college right now, but I am only a freshman so it'll be awhile before I would actually be able to help on something like this
    ¢

PM me.
    if anyone wants to help then email me at kazdan81@gmail.com
    1bigwarriors
    1bigwarriors
    Common

Post by 1bigwarriors Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:04 pm

I am learning C right now and this fall I will be learning java
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Post by ElementalDraco218 Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:57 pm

sweet.
    CladNKaos
    CladNKaos
    Common

Chaotic Username : Airsoftman
    Chaotic Coins : 15

Post by CladNKaos Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:53 pm

C and even Java is outdated. If you guys are hoping to do anything, you need to look at the possibilities available in the new Unity platform.

Elemental, what's your name? Did you ever play in any official events?
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:23 pm

No, I'd disagree, Clad.
    CladNKaos
    CladNKaos
    Common

Chaotic Username : Airsoftman
    Chaotic Coins : 15

Post by CladNKaos Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:50 pm

That's fine, Bobo, I was just tossing my opinion out there. I'm looking at ease of coding for not necessarily, literate, coders. For stability and a basic card game, Java may be fine. I honestly never played much with C, but I did mess with C++ and wouldn't necessarily think that appropriate for a card game.
    formerlyknownasbakugan22
    formerlyknownasbakugan22
    Common

Chaotic Username : bakugan22
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Post by formerlyknownasbakugan22 Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:06 pm

So, I just joined this forum today because I was curious on how the fanbase was doing and I saw this thread. I'm sorry to say that I won't be any help to you guys; anyone can be an "idea-man". I just wanted to cheer on your cause, and to let you guys know that if even a lurker like me found this place then I think that that's proof enough that this community won't die.

Last edited by formerlyknownasbakugan22 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Attached signature.)
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:01 pm

CladNKaos wrote:C and even Java is outdated.  If you guys are hoping to do anything, you need to look at the possibilities available in the new Unity platform.

Elemental, what's your name?  Did you ever play in any official events?

bobosmith01 wrote:No, I'd disagree, Clad.

CladNKaos wrote:That's fine, Bobo, I was just tossing my opinion out there.  I'm looking at ease of coding for not necessarily, literate, coders.  For stability and a basic card game, Java may be fine.  I honestly never played much with C, but I did mess with C++ and wouldn't necessarily think that appropriate for a card game.
    I personally would suggest against doing something like this in C. Neither in java. Unity is a good platform. For the language use C# imo
    1bigwarriors
    1bigwarriors
    Common

Post by 1bigwarriors Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:18 pm

I may be wrong, but can't you use Java in Unity?
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Post by ElementalDraco218 Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:00 pm

CladNKaos wrote:C and even Java is outdated.  If you guys are hoping to do anything, you need to look at the possibilities available in the new Unity platform.

Elemental, what's your name?  Did you ever play in any official events?

my real name is Christopher Gibson.
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Post by brainard52 Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:39 pm

My choice in C++ is really because I already know it. SFML is pretty easy to work with as well. It's also a good learning experience for pretty much everybody involved.
    formerlyknownasbakugan22
    formerlyknownasbakugan22
    Common

Chaotic Username : bakugan22
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Post by formerlyknownasbakugan22 Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:44 pm

I think I'll go ahead and put my two cents into this conversation anyways. Its not like there's much else going on in this forum, right? I also think that my original post may not have been constructive enough. I didn't realize at the time of writing it that it was just empty fluff.

I agree with brainard52 in that this should be a nonprofitable project. I don't even care about legalities. From my current interpretation I am more at peace at the idea of this project coming from the goodwill of fans. By current interpretation I mean that I am assuming that this game will be derivative of the Chaotic universe as created by TC Digital and 4Kids. I mean, this sounds like a fun fan-project, but I don't think that trying to capitalize on the old Chaotic for a quick buck is the right thing to do. Are you guys just trying to make a profit? Are any of you actually dedicated to this? Where do all of you guys stand on this? To be honest, right now this all sounds like a waste of time. I'm sorry to say this, but I highly doubt that anything will come from this. When I made that first post I was really elated. I am ashamed to say that I wasn't thinking about the subject of this thread critically at the time.

I know that I'm going all over the place in this post, but is there really any merit to this discussion? Should we not be focused on getting this community back on track? I feel like I'm typing and no one is reading. Writing posts in this forum is maddening. It feels like I am trying to have a conversation with white noise. So, what I'm really asking is: Is there anyone else out there that cares about trying to recreate that wonderful, tight-knit community? Or am I just wasting my damn time?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:01 am

Reading and responding are to different things. Just saying. I read most posts around here, but eh takes thinking to respond...
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Post by brainard52 Sat May 02, 2015 10:24 am

formerlyknownasbakugan22 wrote:I think I'll go ahead and put my two cents into this conversation anyways. Its not like there's much else going on in this forum, right? I also think that my original post may not have been constructive enough. I didn't realize at the time of writing it that it was just empty fluff.

I agree with brainard52 in that this should be a nonprofitable project. I don't even care about legalities. From my current interpretation I am more at peace at the idea of this project coming from the goodwill of fans. By current interpretation I mean that I am assuming that this game will be derivative of the Chaotic universe as created by TC Digital and 4Kids. I mean, this sounds like a fun fan-project, but I don't think that trying to capitalize on the old Chaotic for a quick buck is the right thing to do. Are you guys just trying to make a profit? Are any of you actually dedicated to this? Where do all of you guys stand on this? To be honest, right now this all sounds like a waste of time. I'm sorry to say this, but I highly doubt that anything will come from this. When I made that first post I was really elated. I am ashamed to say that I wasn't thinking about the subject of this thread critically at the time.

I know that I'm going all over the place in this post, but is there really any merit to this discussion? Should we not be focused on getting this community back on track? I feel like I'm typing and no one is reading. Writing posts in this forum is maddening. It feels like I am trying to have a conversation with white noise. So, what I'm really asking is: Is there anyone else out there that cares about trying to recreate that wonderful, tight-knit community? Or am I just wasting my damn time?

I'm enthusiastic, but enthusiasm doesn't really do much unfortunately. I think the biggest issue is the vastness of the forum.
    ElementalDraco218
    ElementalDraco218
    Rare

Post by ElementalDraco218 Sat May 02, 2015 1:34 pm

formerlyknownasbakugan22 wrote:I think I'll go ahead and put my two cents into this conversation anyways. Its not like there's much else going on in this forum, right? I also think that my original post may not have been constructive enough. I didn't realize at the time of writing it that it was just empty fluff.

dude that is a very interesting way if thinking honestly. I do agree that non profit is reasonable. if we are in fact fans then why not do this specifically for fans. I didn'tcreate my website just because. I am indeed a true fan. I love the concept of this as it is. I mean they made fan version if pokemon and yugioh. why not chaotic. so let's ban together and make this project a thing of today instead of an ideaidea.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
    Chaotic Coins : 92

Post by Mattwo Sat May 30, 2015 12:53 am

As far as legalities go, I don't think you people have seen the google and apple app stores....

For example: You guys do know that Flappy Bird is a cheep cheep and all of the art assets were stolen from super mario world right?

The "game" wasn't taken down due to legal reasons after all and now there's a ton of clones....

It's not like anyone actually owns the rights anymore anyway right?
    brainard52
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Post by brainard52 Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Mattwo wrote:As far as legalities go, I don't think you people have seen the google and apple app stores....

For example: You guys do know that Flappy Bird is a cheep cheep and all of the art assets were stolen from super mario world right?

The "game" wasn't taken down due to legal reasons after all and now there's a ton of clones....

It's not like anyone actually owns the rights anymore anyway right?

It's not a matter of whether we'd be able to get away with it. If you're smart enough, you can get away with anything. As for owning rights, somebody does. We just don't know who.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am