Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

There is only one realistic way to bring chaotic back...

kidthebsarr1
    newb

Chaotic Username : kid theb sar
    Chaotic Coins : 4

Re: There is only one realistic way to bring chaotic back...

Post by kidthebsarr1 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:45 am

Because its a new and updated idea for the new version of chaotic
    brainard52
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : brainard52
    Chaotic Coins : 86

Post by brainard52 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:34 am

To be honest, I could care less about rebooting the animation and any media at first. The game is really what sill sell the franchise. In addition, I'm thinking we could benefit from simply taking the mechanics and creating a game of our own. It would play just like Chaotic, but it wouldn't be Chaotic. In doing this, the community could address the various issues they have with the old card game.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====

Old Signatures:

Second:

First:

CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:24 pm

While I'm not against the idea of creating expansions/starting over there's a lot of discussion to be had there namely with the balancing of things out and the direction of how we are actually going to take it. I actually spent a lot of time perusing the old Chaotic Create-A-Card forum as well as the CAC threads of other games and nobody really ever makes Common cards. So it'll be a matter of continuously trying to balance everything out or making everything Ultra Rare.
    Not to mention with a restart so many redundant thing would have to be remade like the Shadow Strike clones, Rustoxic clones. All-in-all I always found Chaotic to be decently balanced and the good cards easily outweighed the bad.

We do have the materials though:
    TheDomFou did the math to find out how to make balanced cards according to rarity by assigning abilities, stats, and similar things values Found here: http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t693-card-maker-system
    Not to mention we also have the card templates courtesy of KingCrazy, found here: http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t305-chaotic-card-templates

Only thing left would be making the art...
    Mattwo
    Common

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
    Chaotic Coins : 45

Post by Mattwo on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm sure if we put our minds to it, we could come up with more common through rare cards, this is an important part of keeping the game balanced.

Creating more cards is not the top priority though, making a new website with online play is. Those online card game simulator things aren't going to cut it.

I told you all Chaotic was going to die. You didn't listen.
    chaorcrew
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : chaorcrew
    Chaotic Coins : 52

Post by chaorcrew on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:42 pm

I always thought chaotic was to generic of a name I think if we reboot it it should be called perim
    Mipedaro
    Common

Chaotic Username : Mipedaro
    Chaotic Coins : 3

Post by Mipedaro on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:37 pm

I have to say, I really liked the game and I only recently started delving back into it for nostalgia's sake. I stumbled upon this site and I was very surprised to find that even though Chaotic has been out for several years, there is still a pretty active fanbase. With that being said, reviving Chaotic very well might be possible, but it WILL take time; I know from a friend (and experience, to a degree) that animation can be very difficult and time consuming, and requires at least a small number of people and organization. I dabble in writing a bit, I would love to help with character building and the like, and I've also done some voice acting for other people. I have no skill with art or animation, but if the project needs some stuff concerning the written word and a voice, and I can help out.
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 619

Post by King A-Game Darini on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:59 am

A webcomic would of been cool if not better then the show. I wouldn't hold your breath though. This was necro posted from last August. It sucks but no active fans have the ability to pull something like this off. Be it artistic,coding and game mechanics,or even just finacial backing. The only reason I loved chatic the most. Besides the fact it was the first TCG i've ever played,but looking at it after trying to learn Magic,Pokemon,Card wars, and Yugioh. Chaotic had what non of the others had on its website.

Ignoring the Unique stats and great RL card to Online card system. (Looking at you Pokemon TCG) Chaotic was WAY more interative. Battle dromes gave real and unique awards with there always being a competition. The stats were kept in check and it showed the difference easily. The terrain changed with different locations, moving and seeing cards was easy. The battle system felt more interactive with attacks like say vine snare did a little earth attack animation. The other games are okay but they feel so flat in comparison. Looking a TCO its technically a better system because it plays like a real life game but it's just not the same...

A webcomic and the old sites battle system would be great. I dont know if someone somewhere still owns or has the site mechanics or has the set up... but I really wish they'd give it back. They left us for YEARS alone and you know what I was fine... Why'd they have to take my favorite game away.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    "What are you gonna do? STAB ME!?" -stab Victim Mipedian
    Klaus Vander
    Common

Chaotic Username : Klaus Vander
    Chaotic Coins : 8

Post by Klaus Vander on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:10 am

Don't give up guys. Please.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:53 pm