Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Creature of the Week 2: Saand

CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Creature of the Week 2: Saand Empty Creature of the Week 2: Saand

Post by CSpacian Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:25 pm

Say hello to Week 2. Something that I am going to forget to upload in the near future. It'll be every Wednesday.

Creature of the Week 2: Saand 32

This week is a Creature I remember having a big to do about him when he first came out, but I  haven't heard of him since: Saand.

Here's his ability:
    Invisibility: Surprise
    Air 5
    At the beginning of your turn, you may sacrifice Saand. If you do, each player sacrifices 3 Mugic counters.
    If Saand has any Mugic counters, sacrifice it.
    Energy 50

40-60 courage
    20-40 power
    40-60 wisdom
    65-85 speed
    45-55 energy

Last edited by CSpacian on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Creature of the Week 2: Saand Empty Re: Creature of the Week 2: Saand

Post by bobosmith01 Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:20 pm

There's an odd creature for you. I would say it's risky with his ability, but I can't think of many cards that can add a Mugic Counter on an opponent.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:48 pm

naninna and inner flood would be the most common ways of messing with opponents mugic
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:34 pm

You can also use him with Fazkaal (a Creature whose Brainwashed abilities should've been swapped) and Deep Dirge.
    Also two of them can kill a lot of Mugician based decks.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 pm

I feel dumb I for some reason I thought this was still nunks post I didn't even read the top part *triple faceplam*

Since I don't see the stats yet I guess I'll just throw them out there like I did last time

40-60 courage
    20-40 power
    40-60 wisdom
    65-85 speed
    45-55 energy

now for my personal analysis

Saand is actually a creature I have literally never fought on my year @ TCO none of my decks have him and I never played him or fought him when I was young. therefore I was forced to work on the fly with him he is a decent mipedian fighter air and decent speed are nice to see and air 5 and surprise make him destined for the fighter roll it would seem. but then his other abiltys come into play his first is the basiclly what makes him worth talking about but it has 3 major drawbacks. 1. it has to be done at the beginning of the turn so you can't be used as a last ditch effort in combat and means giving up Saand without a fight. 2. it removes your own counters too while this can be worked around it still is a limiting factor for saand because of his finally effect you usually want to sac him as soon as possible but this may mean giving up your own counters which many decks can find precious. 3. the biggest one is this saands effect can only be used at the start of YOUR turn therefore if your opponent goes first they have an easy opportunity to pick off saand by either giving him a mugic attacking him or using some other means. or to simply use up as many of there mugic counters as they can before saand can remove them.

when saand came out he was a decent mipedian fighter and could be used as such in plenty of decks
    these days however he is simply outclassed in the combat department by mipedians that have better stats and ability without the dangerous instant death one.
    Saand can still be used as a sort of mugic destroyer in modern times though. he is probably most at home in marrilan decks who can gain counters easily with fluid morph and remove even more when saand is combined with attacks like supercooled rain and deadwater devastation.
    even in this case however he is limited.
    in his time I believe saand was much more powerful since gaining and removing counters where both much more limited and saand himself was considered a better fighter that he is today.
    the marrlians prove a great ally for saand but also prooved his undoing with fluid morpher or najarin decks being able to gain counters with ease and attacks like supercooled rain and innerflood growing in popularity saand isn't worth the risk anymore.

final rating
    For his time 7.5/10
    now 3/10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:39 am