Chaotic Backup Forum

Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Creature of the Week 7: Lord Van Bloot SoA

CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Creature of the Week 7: Lord Van Bloot SoA

Post by CSpacian on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:38 am

Okay, so here we are talking about the second-most card that makes Underworlders one of the scariest and most powerful Tribes out there. Previously discussing Zamool and how horrifying he is let's look at his boss.

This ***.
    In my opinion this guy pretty much summarizes what a near-perfect card in Chaotic is. A good ability(if not great), 2 Elements (making him perfect for combat), good stats and Energy, 2 Mugicians (meaning in no circumstances is he dead weight in any department), as well as a Battlegear specifically tailored to him?
    Very few Creatures come close to this guy's perfection.
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 590

Re: Creature of the Week 7: Lord Van Bloot SoA

Post by lazerbem on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:42 pm

I love this guy. Not only is the card beast, but I love the character. I should hate him like I hate Zamool, but I've never run into an annoying Bloot like I've run into an annoying Zamool, so idk.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====

The Mad One
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:36 pm

I guess unlike Zamool who is stronger at the beginning of a match and kind of loses his momentum after the first turn as he runs out of Mugic to spam Lord Van Bloot needs to build up to the point that he becomes a powerful card in that you'll probably have a turn or two of lee-way before your Creature starts feeling the side effects of being put up against him.
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 940

Post by Chiodosin1 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Van Bloot is one of the most game-shaping cards around and not really in a good way. 65 courage isn't a crazy mark or anything and when you factor in his sickle all but high courage creatures will have to go without. His ability not only saps all your elements but it also prevents regaining ruling out traditional methods of element regaining and forcing element decks to have specific bloot counters. which is either high courage creatures, armbands of lore or scarab. unless your running all high courage creatures odds are van bloot will have someone to sap and get an easy kill. and if your opponent eliminates whatever bloot counters you have he can proceed to slash through the rest of the deck. while bloot punishes elements harshly gantrak can do comparable things to stat decks however gantrak is much more of a commitment and preforms poorly vs many other deck types (namely burn). which brings me to the final reason von bloot is such a scourge he freaking everywhere. The 2 most commons stats and 2 most common elements are his to command. Even vs decks that use no elements at all he's hardly a pushover and has 2 mugic and that potential to wreck element decks makes him a very easy card to use without having to base a deck around him. In short cards should increase creativity not limit it and van bloot falls into the latter category.

Side note- Most people don't have a problem with his brainwashed ability and neither do I

Whoa  Water Element you doing?
    You need to  Air Element out.
    Just because you were  Fire Element d doesn't mean you get to be mean.
    I mean is it even w Earth Element it?
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:48 pm

I feel like saying that that his brainwashed ability while it doesn't completely demolish decks like his non-brainwashed one does, it still has a lot of potential to hurt a lot of big threats. Especially when paired with Akkalbi Recklessness 15 can really whittle big threats to death.
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 590

Post by lazerbem on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:39 pm

His brainwashed ability is very underestimated. He can be used in decks that attack courage in general and he's very useful there with the brainwashed ability.

The Mad One
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 422

Post by Blitser on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:06 pm

Let's not forget about cards like Agitos: Eloquent Motivator, either. Van Bloot received a lot more support from his own set than just the Sickle.

My primary deck focused on Element X, quite literally until this guys arrival. I no longer stood even the slightest chance since Bloot is such a perfect counter... I ended up moving right onto the deck which was my worst enemy! haha

Blitser
    Grand Master of the Grapefruit Brigade

• Here for a visit? Come say hi to everyone in this topic!
    • Got a question that you want answered? The forum staff are here for any and all Chaotic inquiries!
    • Do you have an idea to help improve upon the forums? Share it here!
    • Interested in a Chaotic TeamSpeak? Post here!
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian on Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:47 pm

Van Bloot just seals off a lot of Elemental Decks and then there's a couple of good ways to stop stat decks. There's also the Phobia Plates Van Bloot which can immediately seal off Elements and a lot of Stat challenges in a single go while reducing Mugic damage, allowing him to basically take no damage from a single fight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm