Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

A better story for chaotic.

TianneTheMuge
    Common

Chaotic Username : Tianne
    Chaotic Coins : 5

A better story for chaotic.

Post by TianneTheMuge on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Hey everyone,
    This started as a comment to the chaotic reboot topic below but grew to something I thought was more than a comment. Like some of you I feel kinda cheated that the tv show didn't reflect the incredible story behind the cards and this is my opinion of how it should have been.
    One of the biggest things that I noticed about chaotic was that everything was status quo: The tribes were all caught up in their petty squabblings, the search for the cothica, Danians hating midpedians, and the Overworlders and underworlders hating each other etc. But everything stayed like that. Nothing really happened until the humans got involved. I am of course talking about pre-marillian perim. Van Bloot doesn't try to usurp choar's thrown until Kaz does the battle drome thing. Choar only invades Kiru City when Kaz is there (Chaor's commandos.) Really if you look at it there are less than five instances of one tribe making a real move against the other in the whole series other than when humans directly intervene:
    When Intress stops the underworld invasion of the passage (Stupid idea btw. I prefer the passage being depicted as a tunnel as is depicted in the Zalic and Cerbie cards.)
    When Mudeenu sends Kolmo to kill illexia.
    When illexia sends raznus to kill maxxor.
    When Van Bloot tries to kill maxxor
    When underworld radiers (Perhaps Cyreonox, perhaps Ultadur) destroy hoton's village.
    The rest of the action in the series is tiny squabbles, or covert missions:
    Antideon Versus Nauthilax
    Mezzmar versus Nauthilax
    Mudeenu and Siado stealing battle gear.
    Chaor stealing battle gear (Chaor's commandos)
    The only episode with Odu-bathax as a texan.
    Blugon and raimusa versus pyrythion

These are all examples of petty fights that really have no consequence.

The only pivotal example of something so far as a greater story arc is ruined. "The map to the cothica." Maxxor Destroys it. Which is stupid. The only reason he destroys it is because something with Tom and maxxor needing to be the bigger man than mudeenu (Which he isn't. Let maxxor take the back seat to a snivelling teen crown prince and see if you aren't anrgy all the time searching for a higher power so you don't overthow him because he's a snot.)
    And when rothar is trying to find the iparu jungle. (Which the kids interfere in.)

I am getting away from my point, my opinion is that humans are catalysts for change in perim. (Pre-marrilian remember.)

BUT AND HERE'S THE BIG BIG BIG BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

It didn't used to be like that. Does everyone remember the first episode of with the warbeasts (I do, it was a disappointment. ) It talks about how war beasts were used to defeat a huge underworld army. (Before Chaor but after Kiru. Another stupid arc.)

My theory is that the above story is from Perim's more archaic past, when grand armies would fight one another and war would cover perim in a glorious contest for conquest.
    But that all ended when the War for Perim ended. For those of you who don't know the war for perim was a massive war that threatened to engulf all of of perim and in essence destroy it. But when narfall (a spiritlander) ended the war duribg a battle between the four tribes at lake morn by sacrificing his powers over air water and earth (because he is heptadd's brother, and the look very similair) to end the fighting the tribes agreed never to let a total war engulf perim again.

This is why although Choar want's the end of the overworld he cannot just march an army there and storm kiru city. All he can do is have a pissing match with maxxor over who is better. It is also why the underworlders don't just blow up mount pillar and the other pillars and destroy both the danians and underworlders at the same time. It is also why there is no real war against the mipedians and danians, just hits on the leaders.

No one would risk open war on perim because of this peace treaty. And it is that peace treaty that unified the tribes when the marillians invaded. The tribes had unified to end a war before, now they had to do it again. They put aside their differences and made one army (with the exception of the brainwashed van bloot who made an army per AAunne's request.)
    But once the marrillian arc is over there is a fragmented peace which ends when the underworlders try to take Kaizpheph, the city of the elements.
    Essentially the world resets.
    The only changes we have are:
    Azil Replaces Illexia
    Theb-Sarr Returns

The tribes without strong leaders (looking at you iflar and illexia) are given ones that can go head to head and most likely trounce maxxor and choar.
    We are left with the chaotic arc in a perfect reset.

Now, what I think should be a proper chaotic reboot is to cut the kid's game aspect of it out completely. O agree with Chiodosin when he says that chaotic has an older fan base, that's completely true. We aren't 14 year olds playing online anymore. But my point earlier was that humans are catalysts for change, so we take that out. Wind the clock back to the war for perim and start with a whole set of new characters except for some muges who are mind bogglingly old: Najarin, Lore, Tianne, Enrehep, Kopond and. These guys would be more advisers to the warlords who control the armies, than actual warriors themselves. These guys and a few other familiar faces: Heptadd and Narfall (as brothers), Ikkatosh (a tree much older than anything else), Kiru (Who will be good, look like vlar and actually be the real founder of the overworld after the war, also maxxor's great great grandfather) Oblivitor (Chaor's anscestor), and the ancient Mipdean king Kehn-sep.
    The tribes are still fighting lead by Kiru, Oblivitor, Kehn-Sep, and the first danian queen. This will give us a sense of familiarity with the newness of a more archaic and ancient age for perim. We also get to see younger, sprier forms of our favorite mugicicans as we see Lore, Kopond, Tianne, and Najarin as war generals who kick some serious ***. And in essence the main goal is still to find the cothica. But as we progress we eventually come up to the Stronghold morn battle which ends with narfall's sacrifice. We then have five generations of chaotic creatures until we get to present so there is a slurry of swash buckling and heartbreaking adventures to be had in this chaotic version where the focus is put on the better characters who we actually want to hear the stories of and not the problems of kids. Thing about it. EPISODES DEDICATED TO TANGATH TOBORN, MAXXOR AND INTRESS's SECRET LOVE THING, TAKINOM AND SKITHIA'S HATRED FOR ONE ANOTHER, THE BEGINNIGNS OF MAXXOR AND CHAORS HATRED FOR ONE ANOTHER, THE REAL REASON WHY THE DANIANS AND MIPEDIANS HATE EACH OTHER.

ALL OF OUR FAVORITE CREATURES GET WHAT THEY DESERVE: A CHANCE TO HAVE THEIR STORIES TOLD. Until we get to the marrillian invasion. ONCE THE INVASION STARTS WE HAVE SO MANY WAYS TO GO. We are emotionally invested in characters like tartarek so that we have our hearts broken when the true tartarek's will is broken when he sees the polluted riverlands, only then succumbing to erak'tabb's brainwashing.
    We understand why lore can bear burdens that would break others, because he has a story.
    We see tangath toborn being the runt of his litter, grown up as the small one and cannot become the warrior he wants and has to take a back seat as a strategists, but when the marrilians come he becomes the general and hero we all want.
    We see that chaor really is a tyrant and that van bloot is the second in command helpless to do anything to save his people from suffering so that his betryal to the marrilans isnt a betrayal......its self sacrifice.

AM I ALONE IN THINKING THAT THIS WOULD BE PERFECT???????

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO REALLY WANT HUMANS INVOVLED Eventaully after the marrillian invasion have humans come to perim and fight a war against our creatures. HAve humans be the bad guys.

SO that is my rant about how I would reboot chaotic.

Let me know what you think.
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 280

Re: A better story for chaotic.

Post by bobosmith01 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Humans were there to basically to
    A) have a more partial/fair character react to the situations. They weren't in several "creature only" situations because they would have the same reaction to the multitudes of creatures, like the Aa'uune fight. The reason it had to be multiple people, instead of the original Tom and Kaz? Well, to make it more realistic, and help with the suspension of disbelief-having 1/2 characters do everything would be-dumb.

B) Promote the game. Above all else, Chaotic is a game, and focusing on the lore wouldn't exactly bring home the point. Bring in interest? Absolutely, and it may have been worth trying, but think back to any show-based-off-card-game. There's always card dueling for a reason.

C) To fit the original story.

As much as it could have been improved, ditching the humans is a no-no, or, if it is done, SOMETHING has to be done.

I think several things you brought up could have been expanded upon, but if there was ever some sort of "conclusion", it basically would mean the end of the card game, or at least end in an unspecific moment, IE the actual show.

That said, other points are great: Focusing on Perim, or more on the Creatures would have been much better, or at least the same thing, just executed better. I could go on an entire rant about this.

That said, having the humans fight, while interesting, would make the Creatures seem lesser, which is not the point.
    With the multitutde of creatures, getting invested with humans and having certain preferences is unavoidable.

I can get someone particurally meta about this to respond, if you'd like. They're a critical Chaotic analyzer, in my opinion.
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 588

Post by lazerbem on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Read the Khilaian Sphere, that's all I have to say for you, good sir. It's what you're looking for in terms of no humans and just past events

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====

The Mad One
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 938

Post by Chiodosin1 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Two words: fan fiction. If you wanna see these kind of chaotic stories all you have to do is write them we even have a whole section for it on these forums, how convenient.

On the subject of humans there is something to be said about human on creature interactions but also something to be said about creature on creature interactions. Creatures are certainly human-like in there thinking so they can be relateable characters and therefore still carry a story. I agree with lazers point that in a show for kids it made perfect sense to have the human in there the way they did. But in whatever story you want to write it could make just as much sense to ditch humans all together or to focus even more on humans it all depends. Chaotic has a lot of untouched potential and since nothing official will probably be released for a while (maybe forever), I say do whatever you want with these characters. Well almost anything... if I see 50 shades of green staring Maxxor, I'm leaving.

Whoa  Water Element you doing?
    You need to  Air Element out.
    Just because you were  Fire Element d doesn't mean you get to be mean.
    I mean is it even w Earth Element it?
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Fifty Shades of Green? Open at your own risk:
    TotallyNotCSpacianPlayingAJoke wrote:Intress gently nuzzled Maxxor's neck as she passed him by in the hallway. Her eyes gleaming with the purest of intents, an intense smile overcoming her face as she blushed the moment their eyes met. Her heart sent into a crazed flutter, she swooned.
    And that's as far as I'm willing to go for a bad joke in the first place.
    Onto the original text of this post, before I get banned for having a horrible sense of humor.

As much as I had previously vented my hatred for humans in the original post, I have to admit they served a purpose. They served the purpose of being a fifth supposedly-neutral viewpoint. They weren't Underworlders serving Chaor, Overworlders loyal to Maxxor, or Mipedians and Danians. They were designed to be a constant viewpoint for us, the viewers, to watch the world change.
    The world was never supposed to support the Underworlders or any Tribes, so following one specific tribe would be out of the question cause it was supposed to be a warring nations with no one side being 'good'.
    The humans created a constant neutral party, which could cringe and worry whenever the Overworlders did something wrong and at the same time be frantic upon hearing about the Underworlders.

On top of that, for newcomers the humans created an instantly likeable, indentifiable person to follow. As you stated I would love to follow Tangath's and Tartarek's story, but for somebody new for the show to follow Tangath's story one episode, but Tartarek's the second, it would make no sense. The humans created someone who could interfere in Tangath's story and then immediately turn around and talk to Chaor. An Overworlder couldn't do that and neither could an Underworlder. But humans could.

So ultimately humans were necessary because it gave people someone to follow through the day-to-day mess that is Perim without a bias for one Tribe forming. We ultimately were made to feel loyal to Tom, Kaz, Peyton, and Sarah, but not really to one tribe.

Also, I kind of agree with Chiodosin about making fanfiction. Fanfiction is a great stress relief and fun as well, especially with all the leftover potential that Chaotic has. Especially since we just left it over at the heels of a war. Imagine the tribes faltering, King Theb-Sarr's return would upset the balance of the Mipedim Kingdom. Lord Van Bloot joining forces with the Danians. So much crazy *** was about to go down, but we see none of that.
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 938

Post by Chiodosin1 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Chiodosin1 wrote: if I see 50 shades of green staring Maxxor, I'm leaving.

well see yah guys it's been fun

Whoa  Water Element you doing?
    You need to  Air Element out.
    Just because you were  Fire Element d doesn't mean you get to be mean.
    I mean is it even w Earth Element it?
    chaorcrew
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : chaorcrew
    Chaotic Coins : 54

Post by chaorcrew on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:10 pm

I think it would be cool if the humans were more stealthy and secretive like the creatures only knew of them as strange myths like a ufo
    Mipedaro
    Common

Chaotic Username : Mipedaro
    Chaotic Coins : 3

Post by Mipedaro on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:48 pm

I definitely think it would have been interesting to just focus on the creatures, and in general change up some of the plots in the storyline. It always felt like the Mipedians and Danians got a backseat, especially the Mipedians. Sure, the lizardfolk got a few episodes for themselves, but so much focus was given to the OverWorlders and UnderWorlders. We didn't really even know that it was Iflar that was leading the Mipedians, which was in season 2 of the series (at least I never saw that until much later). Plus, the show always portrayed the OverWorlders as the good guys and stuff, and it would have been more interesting to see ALL the tribes have their good and bad moments, none actually being labeled as "good" or "bad".

The humans had their place in the TV show, somewhat unfortunately. They were relatable characters that were an odd but relatively comfortable transition from our world to Perim, which was necessary for the flow of the show. Still, in general it would have been awesome if Chaotic got another few years to flesh out the story; we would have at least gotten a bunch more interesting cards.
    chaorcrew
    Uncommon

Post by chaorcrew on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:40 pm

I think bodal would have been cooler if he was a curupt politician and if there were more tribe less creatures
    chaorcrew
    Uncommon

Post by chaorcrew on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:12 pm

I want the overworld to fight political corruption and drug cartels and the underworld to have poverty and crime the danians should have a secret police and corrupt communism and the mepidians not haveing religious freedom and something else I can't think of at the moment and I think the mirillians would be a bunch of lovecraftien horrors that dwell in realms of thought and sentience beyond our comprehension

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:43 pm