Chaotic Backup Forum

Members Log In. Show your support. Boost our moral. Don't just browse, log in.

King's Royal Chaotic Backup

Own Tabletop Simulator? Play Chaotic.

Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 856

Re: Own Tabletop Simulator? Play Chaotic.

Post by Chiodosin1 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:02 am

well actually... I found I can just use the note card tool and to just type out the stats n such as they change so, that problems solved... I do have another one, as a host I can access my chests to bring up my saved decks and stuff but I'm not sure how to do that as the non host player, is there a way I can send a deck to the host or even better allow other players to access there chests?

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Whoa  Water Element you doing?
    You need to  Air Element out.
    Just because you were  Fire Element d doesn't mean you get to be mean.
    I mean is it even w Earth Element it?
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2314

Post by Marrillian on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:01 am

The host can promote you. Which means you'll be able to load from your chest. I thought that non-host players could load from chest? https://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/discussions/0/624076027785354164/

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 856

Post by Chiodosin1 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:10 am

aaaah I was looking in the wrong place *doh* well then that should be all I need in theory to play a pretty functional match, besides... another player lol

Whoa  Water Element you doing?
    You need to  Air Element out.
    Just because you were  Fire Element d doesn't mean you get to be mean.
    I mean is it even w Earth Element it?
    OneMajorPain
    Common

Chaotic Username : 1MajorPain
    Chaotic Coins : 22

Post by OneMajorPain on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:47 pm

I don't know enough about coding or tabletop simulation, but the idea had hit me to try this once. I have almost every Chaotic card so I thought it would be fun to put them into the game I just don't know how.
    As far as stats go, before Chaotic went down, one of the forum posts had a spreadsheet with all the cards from every set including creatures with all their max stats and energy. I nabbed that. I have the Prima guide, which covers DoP and ZotH, and it looks like each stat has a range of about 20 (twenty) points, and energy has a range of 10 (ten). Example: Maxxor(DoP) has these ranges: Courage: 90-110, Power: 55-75, Wisdom: 70-90, Speed: 40-60, Energy: 55-65.
    If it helps, I have the erratta and a pdf copy of the official rules of Chaotic. Chaotic
    Clayfaceboy
    newb

Chaotic Username : Clayfaceboy
    Chaotic Coins : 1

Post by Clayfaceboy on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:05 pm

I'm using this mod currently. I love using it. I was depressed when the online game shut down and now I just need someone to play online with. My steam name is Clayfaceboy.
    KingCrazy
    Common

Chaotic Username : KingCrazy
    Chaotic Coins : 43

Post by KingCrazy on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Just released Marrillian Invasion as an expansion the other day! (Along with ZOTH and SS previously).
    I have them linked on the main steam mod page.

@Marrillian wrote:
    I've taken a quick glance at the api. From what I can tell, this should be possible. You can assign variables to objects and then modify them. Have you written any scripts? May I see what you've done?

Is it possible to have locations displayed properly (sideways) when pressing alt and hovering?
    When they first introduced the scripting they didn't reveal the API (or I couldn't find it, at least!). I'll take a look into how it could be used for this! I haven't worked with it yet.

As for the locations appearing properly, they do have a "Sideways" import setting, but sadly it rotates it the OTHER direction. @_@ Meaning I might as well just rotate all the location cards myself. I might see if I can request a "Clockwise" and "Counter-clockwise" option for that feature.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:48 am

@KingCrazy wrote:
    As for the locations appearing properly, they do have a "Sideways" import setting, but sadly it rotates it the OTHER direction. @_@ Meaning I might as well just rotate all the location cards myself. I might see if I can request a "Clockwise" and "Counter-clockwise" option for that feature.

Can't you just call "Sideways" 3 times then?
    KingCrazy
    Common

Post by KingCrazy on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Its not something you can call, it's just a button you push when importing the cards. The code is completely up to the devs, I have no access to it.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Post by Marrillian on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Ah oh well. Yeah I guess the best course of action is to send a request.

Great work on the latest set btw!

Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Supporter of Maxxor Ruler of Perim

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    KingCrazy
    Common

Post by KingCrazy on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Yeah I'm gonna see if I can request that as a feature!
    And thanks! I got a few card stats wrong (They were correct stats, but on the wrong cards haha), but I released a fix for it today! However, TTS is kind of weird with updating mods. It caches the image files for quicker access when loading, but that also causes the program to sometimes refuse to update if an image has been changed (since it wont load it off the url, since it has it cached) until you delete the cached image, or turn off cache loading in the options.

az_cotic
    newb

Chaotic Username : az_cotic
    Chaotic Coins : 6

Post by az_cotic on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:44 am

@KingCrazy wrote:
    @Chiodosin1 wrote:I just wish there was a easier way to track energy (and other stats too but mostly energy) like a clear counter of some kind like you might use in other games to track life (see magic and yugioh) I never liked the stupid sliders on the playmats even in person lol
    I would love to actually incorporate a script to track energy and such, but sadly I'm really unsure of how far Tabletop Simulator can go when it comes to scripting. >_<

While the program is very versatile to simulating any card game, it's too generic to have very specific things happen. I'm not sure how far their scripting system has gone, but maybe there's something that can be done!

And @King A-Game Darini: Yep! Although Quazerflame is trying to work on an HD version of all the cards, so I sort of might stop development. xD He's probably going to take over on the mod from here. I'm just providing the templates at this point.

Hi, i have Tablettop Simulator No-Steam and i want to know how use or downlaod your mod.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:20 pm