Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Jade Pillar, Takinom Shadowknight Combo?

Zacheriah
    Zacheriah
    Common

Chaotic Username : Zacheriah
    Chaotic Coins : 31

Jade Pillar, Takinom Shadowknight Combo? Empty Jade Pillar, Takinom Shadowknight Combo?

Post by Zacheriah on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:23 pm

So a friend and I were playing awhile ago and we came across a possible loophole. When the last counter is removed from Jade pillar then the person who played the last attack gets dealt 50 damage. However, Takinom SK's ability lets her next attack count as the first attack that combat. So, he was arguing that if he uses Takinom's ability on an attack that removes the last counter that it affects the other player since the first attack cannot be the last one played. I argue that it's talking about the attack which removed the counter and not literally the last attack played so it wouldn't work. We want some opinions as to which of us is right. Thanks for all the help!
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2602

Jade Pillar, Takinom Shadowknight Combo? Empty Re: Jade Pillar, Takinom Shadowknight Combo?

Post by KingMaxxor4 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:43 am

So you are right. When an ability refers to the "first attack" its strictly for things like strike or other abilities that are effected by or effect the first attack (e.g. Crystal Cave). Last refers to the last attack played. Regardless if you're counting it as the first attack you played this combat, its still the last attack played.

If you dealt 50 damage on your first attack played at jade pillar, wouldn't you expect for Jade Pillar to deal 50 damage to your Creature? (The literal first attack is still the last attack played.)

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
    Founder and leader of Marrillian Reign. Marrillian
    Jade Pillar, Takinom Shadowknight Combo? King
    Jade Pillar, Takinom Shadowknight Combo? Haxxor10

Light vi Britannia - 
    "This is what happens when I take an anime personality quiz..."
    Jade Pillar, Takinom Shadowknight Combo? Lelouch Jade Pillar, Takinom Shadowknight Combo? L

As the M'arrillian's destroy with water, so with fire will I destroy. ~King
    All those who oppose shall be destroyed, even if they are not in our way. ~M'arrillian Reign

Current date/time is Fri May 29, 2020 3:03 am