Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters
  • Reply to topic

RWBY

KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
Chaotic Coins : 2744

RWBY Empty RWBY

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:59 pm

From the people who brought you Red vs Blue - Rooster Teeth.

Anyone seen this web series? I've just finished. It is not bad. I won't say its amazing, because the animation is lacking and the characters are a little flat. But this is understandable for the beginning of a series. The plot is pretty sick and the setting (and world) has much potential.

How I would describe - 3D Anime or more truthfully Video Game cutscenes - definitely many characteristics of anime and probably quite a bit of influence - but a nice American perspective

The action scenes though are really good - love the fighting
But one thing that the series really has going for it is the music - dang that sound track blows me away - can't say how many times I've listened to it. I am so amazed by how young the singer is.

What I have to say: season two looks very promising with the prospect of new character models making for much more fluid and drastic animation - I hope this plays into the action scenes as well

If you watched the show, why not start off with who's your favorite character Big Grin

Last edited by Marrillian on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : monkeymania1
Chaotic Coins : 348
Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

RWBY Empty Re: RWBY

Post by monkeymania1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:14 pm

I enjoy RWBY. 'Nuff said
BlzvSprayTan
BlzvSprayTan
Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 pm

I watched several seasons of Red vs. Blue, and my friend is addicted to their podcasts, but I dunno. Never heard of this one and honestly I'm not too motivated to check their stuff out anymore.
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 pm

monkeymania1 wrote:I enjoy RWBY. 'Nuff said
haha boo ya!

BlzvSprayTan wrote:watched several seasons of Red vs. Blue, and my friend is addicted to their podcasts, but I dunno. Never heard of this one and honestly I'm not too motivated to check their stuff out anymore.
I don't think its your type of thing anyway.
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Post by monkeymania1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:49 pm

never got around to watching the season finale though....
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 pm

:O :O :O :O :O :O
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:38 pm

nevermind, watch it- it was cool. I like Penny. She's funny.
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:39 am

Pennies string manipulation (at least that's what I call it) is pretty sweet! I knew that she would be some powerful character. Would have thrown me off guard if she was weak lol
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:05 pm

I figured she'd be strong when she said shed be entering the tournament, but I didn't think that would be revealed until then.
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:56 pm

Yea that was a nice introduction to her abilities. I bet she was holding back though, and we're going to see an even epicer skill set during the tourny!

Anyway who's your favorite character?
I'm going with Sun for mine. He was the most interesting character shown during the first season. hehe
In terms of fighting though Weise is my favorite - magic? sword play? boo ya! Although Ruby's sickleing (made up word?) is awesomeness! And Yang from her trailer is really kick-butt!

Blake really works well in teams though I will have to say. Her and Sun's fight sequence was really sweet. The swapping was really fluid.

I'm glad I saw the trailers afterword though, they contained a lot of foreshadowing, which I would have completely missed if I saw them first. Plus watching the fight scenes in the show compared to the trailers would have been a let down. 

I'm still waiting for some biking action from Yang in the show though XD
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:53 pm

It's just sickle wielding XD

In terms of fighting, it's Roman who's actually my favourite- his cane fighting is awesome.

Overall, my favourite character selection is a tie between Pyrrha Nikos, Ruby and Jaune.
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 am

Just sickle wielding? She can put the reaper to shame Tongue lol But I think the reaper has ranged sickling, like he can sickle you from the underworld trololol
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:01 am

Well, it's the grim reaper; all the grim reaper does is go after someone who's time has come- I don't think that's much combat practice Tongue
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Yea, I guess that's true Tongue
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:04 pm

I want Roman's cane.
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Yang's gauntlets and Wiese's sword! Actually tbh her's is too light of a sword for me, I would take the base concept and apply it to either a broadsword or longsword. Or maybe a katana - that might do.
Phyrrha's semblance to manipulate polls. Wink LOL Yea, that would be epic. heheheheheh
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Lol, polls- imagine all the shenanigans you could get into on election day XDPyrrha's semblance is actually magnetism, they probably thought saying magnetism outright would sound like a magneto rip off.

Weiss' sword fits her style- it's a rapier of sorts fit for fencing. You can't fence with a broadsword or a longsword and a katana's equivalent of fencing is kenjutsu in that it's an art of the sword, not an outright equivalent..
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:41 am

monkeymania1 wrote:Lol, polls- imagine all the shenanigans you could get into on election day XDPyrrha's semblance is actually magnetism, they probably thought saying magnetism outright would sound like a magneto rip off.
Yea, I know - that's the point hehe

I never said I would be handling it like her though. Just a dust manipulation sword.
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:52 am

The base concept behind the sword is her fighting skill- the dust manipulation just compliments it. Most weapons in RWBY involve the use of dust anyway.
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Outdone :O All my arguments have been knocked down on this thread lol

Have you listened to the OST? Because I'm curious about what your opinion of "Red Like Roses II" and "I May Fall"

I just love the soundtrack, it adds much depth to the show. Jeff Williams is amazing. I gotta give the production team credit for using the soundtrack to reveal aspects of the characters its really awesome. Its beyond just being mere theme music imo

I tell myself that the songs aren't real (to the best of my knowledge) being about fictional characters, but they really touch my emotions like few songs do. If it weren't for the soundtrack I wouldn't be attached to the characters.

Haha, I gotta stop, I keep ranting on about this.
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Lol, sorry about that Hehe

The soundtrack...is awesome
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Haha nothing to be sorry about.
monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Glinda Goodwitch- I spit out my drink when I heard them say that name Big Grin
KingMaxxor4
KingMaxxor4
Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:19 pm

When I was first watching the show with my friend we were like "soul eater"
Red - Maka
Glynda - Medusa

Then we were like "fairy tail"
Pyrrha - Erza
Weise - Mirajane

monkeymania1
monkeymania1
Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:41 pm

Weiss = Mirajane?

How?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am