Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Blitser
Max20102
GigaGagagigo
lilsnoop
Terabyte
plokjhgfdsa
ketac123
Missedme101
BlzvSprayTan
KingMaxxor4
ManOfAction
15 posters

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better? - Page 5 Empty Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by Blitser Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:20 pm

lilsnoop wrote:Another thing that I think 4kids got wrong(as ususal) is card pricing. They priced the cards way to high and to early. Check this  out: http://www.toywiz.com/mtgmagic2015coresetjacethelivingguildpact.html vs http://www.toywiz.com/15chaoticperim.html

Their prices were so high. Jace is the poster boy for MTG and yet his prices is no where near Maxxor's(except one and that card is broken). He should of cost $40-$50. Sadly, I would kind of have to agree with the prices for now. I don't want to see everbody with a Smildon.

The prices on cards were only determined by what people were willing to pay for them. Toywiz was usually the go-to place to check retail prices on singles when they came out, and they only ever charged what people were paying. (They're way outdated now though)
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better? - Page 5 Empty Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:45 pm

As far as prices go now, it's a bit in lingo because of the game's state in combination with the activity of the player base. But as Blits said, people are buying them at those prices, so those are the prices they are going to keep.
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Max20102
    Chaotic Coins : 706

Post by Max20102 Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Who out of their mind will buy those cards. Crazy 
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:38 am

Yeah. I think TW is overpriced now, but $100 for a Maxxor is what I remember from prime time. It's how I always justified spending more money on boxes. If I just got 1 Maxxor, I could buy 2 more boxes by selling him. I didn't realize Starter Exclusives were a thing so I thought 4 of the Ultras were $100+ and available in a box, but the odds were about half of what I was calculating. No wonder I never got any of the Big 4. :p
    I guess I managed to get a LVB in a Premium Pack, but I gave that to my brother because he always wanted a LVB over anything else.
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:41 am

I could've gotten 3 of the big four ultras in chaotics prime time for 34.99 or something. Tongue Tongue
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : cromax123456
    Chaotic Coins : 406

Post by cromax123456 Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:01 am

Now it seems like anywhere I go, I can find a lot of unrelated talk surrounding all the threads XD I remember wanting to buy Chaor when it was like $90 though cause I was that desperate to get one Hehe 
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:59 pm

I could get u 3 chaors for $75 as well as maxxors and blazvatans and LVB. Tongue Tongue 
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:03 pm

How? XD premium pack cards not accepted as answer Tongue
    Max20102
    Max20102
    Ultra Rare

Post by Max20102 Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Well, that was my answer. Tongue Tongue 
    FinalOne1
    FinalOne1
    Rare

Chaotic Username : FinalOne1
    Chaotic Coins : 87

Post by FinalOne1 Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:50 pm

I honestly think that Ultras could be overly OP at times. My older brother told me, according to David Sirlin, Rarity shouldn't equal power. Ultra Rares had good abilities, almost too good. But there were some bad ultras and even supers, yes, for ultras, look at stone mail, Honestly, gaining 50 energy and not being able to move is pretty balanced enough, even for it's time. Losing all abilities and taking extra damage made it bad. For OP Cards, look at Maxxor PoP, for those who think A'aune is OP, he requires a lot of setup, Maxxor required no setup whatsoever. He was also pretty much released during the wrong set. Being an ultra powerful Loyal card in a set based around mixed armies was just contradictory. I also never really managed to get Tartatek Psi. His abilities were M'arrilian hate, but his brainwash didn't really fit the whole premise of brainwash. Brainwashing was to give players flexibility within a creature just by controlling a chieftain or casting Deep Dirge.They could have just made him have his wisdom gaining ability and an ability similar to his other one such as "discard a mugic card: destroy target creature with 100 wisdom." Also, after looking at this post, perhaps we could get some discipline icons as emoticons... that would be fun.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:28 pm

FinalOne1 wrote: Also, after looking at this post, perhaps we could get some discipline icons as emoticons... that would be fun.
    This request will be processed and decided upon.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:14 am

Of course ultra rares are going to be better cards than any other rarity. We don't live in an ideal world, and for a card game to be successful there always has to be rare cards that have abilities and stats powerful enough to base entire decks around. That doesn't mean they have an unfair advantage over low rarity cards, it just means you need a higher skill level to deal with them.

In most cases how it works is that common cards have very basic and easy to use abilities. As cards rise in the ladder of rarities the abilities become more complex, and difficult to use. Ultra rare cards typically aren't meant to be all purpose, they're meant to be used in specific ways to maximize their potential. For the example you gave of Stone Mail - back when it was first released it was fairly general purpose, but with the release of modern cards it found a far greater potential in Warbeasts.
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:56 am

I agree Ultra rare cards as well as super rare cards have major advantage when used alone, but there are also cards like gimwei who was a rare being able to topple an entire ultra deck. In my opinion, ultra cards are not as game breaking as it first seems!
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:34 am

I like to think of the few powerful cards of low rarity were given by the card creators as gifts for the less privileged. Cannon of Casualty, uncommon - yet still had relevance in AU. Makanaz, common - found his way in many powerful advanced apprentice decks and most viable Danian master decks.

You know what, since the time of Dawn and Perim this game has always been Underworld vs Overworld... This is something I wish Chaotic had done better. Secrets gave us staple cards of both Underworld and Overworld creatures which continued to be relevant, no trump, cards from the other tribes throughout the sets. The Danian Ultras in ZoTH can't compare to Lord van Bloot, Chaor, and Song of Revival... Same with the SS.
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:21 am

Um SS had Blazvatan and Fighter's Fanfare which were both as good if not better then anything Dawn of perim had.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:26 pm

ketac123 wrote:Um SS had Blazvatan

Thank you.

May I not remind you about the Blazvatan/Stonemail decks that never lost an apprentice match during the SS days.

And Blaz got better in AU.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:44 am

even though Danians and Mipedians were mostly hated on by the creators, Mips at least had creatures like Headmaster and Maliph that are pretty powerful, Kolmo P and Zhade DSD are good too other than their low energy, only good deck I remember from Danians was the one involving Makanaz, Ivelaan, Elhaad and Mhein but then I wasn't much of a Danian fan so there could've been more that I forgot about
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:24 pm

way to throw danians under the bus bro  DarkerUnsure  you played AA, that throws away alot of good danians.. ulmaquad, neekwin, lore ac, all the hive ones, all the infecting decks to name a few. a makanaz compost deck is pretty much the only danian deck that can be good playing AA
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:38 pm

yea I totally neglected masters, but even then I don't remember many good danian decks Whistle anyone wanna help me with this?
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:59 pm

I was fairly proud of my apprentice deck Apption. It was focused around moving MCs to Illexia and having Nimmei sweep up. I have a screenshot in my gallery on here of my Illexia with 20MCs and my Nimmei have stats of around 160 each.

Danians could pull off apprentice without compost pretty well; you needed Elna though. Hermatred, Nimmei, Katharaz, Hiadrom just to name a few. Compost was actually weak because it would get wiped out with a Kileron/Lore AC/Lore's Chamber of Recall.
    Doublea
    Doublea
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Doublea
    Chaotic Coins : 276

Post by Doublea Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:17 pm

One of my favorite cards is Zhade digsite defender and he's a common. He's got good stats and is pretty easy to get. That's what I liked about chaotic you didn't need super or ultra creatures to be good. Now that might be different for attacks cards.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:51 pm

AU and FUn were pretty good for attacks in my opinion, possibly not for strategic attacks that also deal damage, but there are good damage dealers and/or strategic attacks in both sets
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:01 pm

cromax123456 wrote:yea I totally neglected masters, but even then I don't remember many good danian decks Whistle anyone wanna help me with this?

Danians dominated at a lot of Chaotic's major tournaments. They're the toughest tribe to play and have the most potential because of that. Picking up the Danians for high level play will never come easy.

Beckett was always a Danian player and I remember having awful times fighting against his decks. Whether it was the card denial, movement control, attack cycling, high damage or large number of revivals... All in a single deck. Crazy

Then there's the time I had to take out eight Neekwin's in one game while playing SearchmanEXE. That was an interesting one which he ended up gaining the advantage in.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:26 pm

I always wanted to play Danians, but I didn't quite have the collection for it. Didn't venture too far into Masters for that reason. Now I could probably build almost anything. Just need someone to play (offline) with.
    I had fun with M'arrillians though. Big Grin

Also, Blz, that gallery made me hurt. I went to right click the card images so I could pull up the opposing deck and cried a little inside.
    cromax123456
    cromax123456
    Super Rare

Post by cromax123456 Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:31 pm

I had the exact same problem Tera! Especially since I didn't buy many packs from any of the MI sets except Forged Unity and failed to pull many supers and any ultras Frown

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm