Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Creature of the Week 4: Zamool

CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Creature of the Week 4: Zamool Empty Creature of the Week 4: Zamool

Post by CSpacian Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:46 am

Okay, so I was trying to use this as a way to kind of talk about underused cards, which may still have a purpose in many decks, but I think instead I shall discuss a card that is considered one of the few close to broken cards in the metagame (if not The One broken card).

Zamool, Lord Van Bloot's Enforcer
    Creature of the Week 4: Zamool 44
    C: 75
    P: 60
    W: 40
    S: 80
    Energy: 55

Discuss reasons why this guy is so insanely powerful, discuss ways to take him down, and just discuss him in general. Have fun. I know some people probably have a lot to say about him.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Creature of the Week 4: Zamool Empty Re: Creature of the Week 4: Zamool

Post by bobosmith01 Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:54 pm

Zamool is an absolute pain to deal with. If you were to give him some sort of "swift" battlegear, he's definitely getting in your way.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:02 pm

huh I heard this zamool guy is pretty good or something...
    kidding zamool can be is one of the most powerful cards in the game simply because of how all encompasing his effect is. He's one of those "What where they thinking?" cards. The second he declares an attack all the activated effects are gone can't use them in response or at all until the battle is all over. the sheer number of effects this stops is pretty ridiculous any effect that you can only activate while engaged-gone, any healing mugic/abilitys-gone, any activated gear effects- gone. if you can't find a way to play it before zamool attacks your pretty much screwed. also since zamool decks tend to use there mugic/effects when zamool is engaged you can't really use any form of denial either. But I think everyone in there mother can see zamool's strong points but what about his weaknessess?
    1. you can not attack zamool. this is by far the least effective way of beating zamool but it is an option never the less if at any point you have a chance not to attack zamool go for it take out another creature and dump all your combat only mugic on that one
    2. zamool is very commonly paired with burn often paired with burn so stratigies resistant to burn can also be resistant to zamool often times
    3. zamool is himself pretty weak to burn you can hit him hard before combat starts OR after combat is done before the turn ends (his health doesn't return after combat)
    4. zamool is also pretty weak to creatures who can do big attack damage on a semi-contestant basis his health is only 50-60 so 2-3 solid attacks can be all it takes to finish him off
    while these are decent options certain decks simply can't handle zamool which is why he's so feared as a card.

overall zamool is defiantly a 10/10 when it comes to cards
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Zamool is that kind of horrid card that encourages Underworld sniping to be meta, which leads to games that consist of firing burn Mugic and destroying your creatures before they can even fight.

Why yes, I am extremely salty over Underworld Burn decks. Zamool is the enabler of that, and as such, I loathe him as much as anyone in Yugioh hates the Ptolemaious into Cydra combo.

But yes, Zamool is super good
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:56 pm

What's the standard Mugics for a Zamool/Kopond deck? Two Cannons, two Improvs, and two Searing Symphonies? Which adds up to 90 + whatever damage you can drain out of the Searing Symphonies. 90 damage is enough to kill 2-3 Creatures depending on Energy spreads. And your opponent cannot stop him. Also Drakness would kick that up even higher. An additional 30. 4 Creatures might die now.

Luckily there are some anti-burn cards. A lot of Battlegear has anti-burn abilities now being worked in. Cromaxx, Iflar, and a couple of other big name cards are coming out with anti-damaging abilities. I suspect a couple of more anti-burn cards and anti-Zamool cards were going to come out in the next set as that's what TCGs generally do. Create overpowered card A in one set and then create counters to overpowered card A in the next one. And seeing Kopond and Zamool both come out in the same set, I would be willing to guess that anti-burn cards were going to come. Anti-Mugic in general maybe.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:58 pm

that sound about right 1 searing is usually replaced with discord to 1. destory pesky vessles and mindprobes and 2. because searing is unique
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:35 pm

oh if you want to beat zamool try using fluid fuge into retaliatory strike lol works everytime
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:19 am

Right, right. I forgot that most of them need a Battlegear destruction card. I remember a lot of them forgot that though when Zamool came out.
    I tend to prefer Strain of Ash personally as Zamool decks tend not to need all six Battlegears and it gives me an additional Mugician to do something with. It doesn't seem like 6 fights are all that common after about 3 of their Creatures die.
    Taking that into account (Adding an Ulmar and Drakness into account, Mipedian Balladeer's Flutes, and considering an average of 2 Elements per opposing Creatures). 195 damage is the output. Yeah, 3 Creatures dying is considering they all have 65 Energy.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:34 pm

It is possible to counter him, most definitely, but you need to know in advance. Standard utility doesn't mean a damn thing to Zamool. Ironically, Zamool decks actually counter each other fairly well, due to being able to kill each other's Zamools before combat starts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 am