Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
King A-Game Darini
Lowtier4life
SuperMage
Ursis
KhaoticKenno
crazyRage
LeGladiateur
Kakashie101
Michaelnono
ultraace1022
nostalgia-go
Killua34341
Klaus Vander
Chiodosin1
CSpacian
Strider
bobosmith01
Overworld Rider
Max20102
Sparten11
seeker1231
MasterMisha
Chaotic|Blargers
KingMaxxor4
BlzvSprayTan
29 posters

Will Chaotic Ever Come Back?

bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Will Chaotic Ever Come Back? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Chaotic Ever Come Back?

Post by bobosmith01 Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:16 pm

There's the few buisnesses that owned Chaotic, that have since been reformed.
    Realisitically, though, 2,000 isn't enough. We're talking about how a card game with products sold, and make it both advertized, made, etc...And it has to be for a profit. You're going to need far more than 2,000 fans, unless a fan decides to buy out a store of them.

That said, I think there's a small chance of a Chaotic reboot or whatever, but only a small chance.
    I doubt it, but I can hope.
    Overworld Rider
    Overworld Rider
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Michald98
    Chaotic Coins : 41

Post by Overworld Rider Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:25 pm

well they would have to take kids into consideration too. The ones who do sign the petition are usually 16+, the survivors of the chaotic age. They would have to realize there are kids 5-16 who can't sign the petition but could still be interested in a game like Chaotic because it's new and exciting. I've got a 12 yearold cousin who's constantly getting into different sorts of card games and hobbies cause he eventually gets bored with them, I'm sure he would be interested in Chaotic. As for turning a profit then I'm sure that's possible as well, I recently just spent a little less than $200 on cards in the past 2 weeks.
    Chaotic|Blargers
    Blargs!

Chaotic Username : Chaotic|Blar
    Chaotic Coins : 45

Post by Chaotic|Blargers Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:00 am

Overworld Rider wrote:well they would have to take kids into consideration too. The ones who do sign the petition are usually 16+, the survivors of the chaotic age. They would have to realize there are kids 5-16 who can't sign the petition but could still be interested in a game like Chaotic because it's new and exciting. I've got a 12 yearold cousin who's constantly getting into different sorts of card games and hobbies cause he eventually gets bored with them, I'm sure he would be interested in Chaotic. As for turning a profit then I'm sure that's possible as well, I recently just spent a little less than $200 on cards in the past 2 weeks.

Never say never. Seriously! There's always a chance.
    Strider
    Strider
    newb

Chaotic Username : Strider
    Chaotic Coins : 4

Post by Strider Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Chaotic|Blargers wrote:
    Overworld Rider wrote:well they would have to take kids into consideration too. The ones who do sign the petition are usually 16+, the survivors of the chaotic age. They would have to realize there are kids 5-16 who can't sign the petition but could still be interested in a game like Chaotic because it's new and exciting. I've got a 12 yearold cousin who's constantly getting into different sorts of card games and hobbies cause he eventually gets bored with them, I'm sure he would be interested in Chaotic. As for turning a profit then I'm sure that's possible as well, I recently just spent a little less than $200 on cards in the past 2 weeks.

Never say never.  Seriously!  There's always a chance.  

hmmm, I know the idea of recreating the game was pounced around, if it were, would everything be retconned and rebooted like beyblade?

Also who actually owns what? We know 4Licensing has the TV Series, and Kodo had the rest of the property. With Kodo defunct, where has it all gone? Sorry for the in depth questions, my knowledge on IP is quite weak Tongue
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Post by CSpacian Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:45 am

I imagine it won't come back unless the fans bring it back. If the fans bring it back and gather a massive following, which I imagine won't be hard as online TCGs can get a lot of traction especially something with a fairly unique gameplay like Chaotic. But like I was saying if the fans can bring about a resurgence on their own (which has been talked about to DEATH on these forums) I imagine the studios would see it and try and revive it for a quick cash grab as they still technically have the property or something.
    Chaotic|Blargers
    Blargs!

Chaotic Username : Chaotic|Blar
    Chaotic Coins : 45

Post by Chaotic|Blargers Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:10 pm

CSpacian wrote:I imagine it won't come back unless the fans bring it back. If the fans bring it back and gather a massive following, which I imagine won't be hard as online TCGs can get a lot of traction especially something with a fairly unique gameplay like Chaotic. But like I was saying if the fans can bring about a resurgence on their own (which has been talked about to DEATH on these forums) I imagine the studios would see it and try and revive it for a quick cash grab as they still technically have the property or something.

Let me tell you... seeing a massive resurgence of the fans would be a very helpful thing. That never hurts, ever.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:12 pm

yeah if we get enough of us odds are one us will become super rich, right? I volunteer!
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
    Chaotic Coins : 92

Post by Mattwo Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 pm

That's just like Blargers to instill false hope. At the rate things are going and with the fanbase scattered to the wind, Chaotic will never come back. Just stick to your online card simulators.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:49 pm

Mattwo wrote:That's just like Blargers to instill false hope. At the rate things are going and with the fanbase scattered to the wind, Chaotic will never come back. Just stick to your online card simulators.

Yo, no need to be so rude. It is a little hard to believe, but a little hope isn't so bad. Besides, he seems okay with us taking things in our own hands, anyways, so some legit staff from Chaotic is great.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Super necropost. Goodness.
     I don't think Blargs has instilled false hope. He just merely wishes the best for the card game and reminds us that a slight possibility that it can become alive again. Its like going out to buy a lottery ticket. The possibility of winning exists. Its not like he said, guys buy into some companies stocks, their working on reviving chaotic and you should invest! Or even if a company is working on the revival of chaotic. He just states common sense.

Heck he might still know things about what's going on that we don't have insight into. Chaotic is a mess and there is far too much legal garbage ensnaring it...

A lot of time has gone by, and I've grown up with the enthusiasm for of a revival dimming gradually. But deep inside I'm still the kid wishing that my favorite game would return to glory.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:21 am

This makes me really sad dude..
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:05 am

It's been over 2 years..
    Blarg's last post was over a year.. sigh.

I'm sure it's already been asked but I used to wonder if there ever was a backup for the Online aspect of the game itself. I'm not sure if Blarg would know but it'd of been useful. I remember seeing extra concept art on the old fourms for Fire and stone. Along with Arctus and The young queen that you couldn't find in the Collect section.

If stuff like Najarin's tower of song,Tonal destruction,and Bodal,FDR (leauge rewards,regular card that probably was meant not to work,and Fire and stone promotion respectivly) were already put into the system. With Fire and stone and probably storm and sea if the mechanics werent to gamechanging, it might not of been to hard to impliment them in. I doubt such a backup exists though. And even if it does it'd be with the current owner and I doubt he'd give it out for free.
    Klaus Vander
    Klaus Vander
    Common

Chaotic Username : Klaus Vander
    Chaotic Coins : 8

Post by Klaus Vander Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:10 am

Don't give up guys. Please.
    Killua34341
    Killua34341
    Common

Chaotic Username : Killua34341
    Chaotic Coins : 24

Post by Killua34341 Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:12 pm

realistically speaking raising funds , supervised by a trusted - legally capable- individual , never hurts.
    nostalgia-go
    nostalgia-go
    newb

Chaotic Username : MidwestNos
    Chaotic Coins : 1

Post by nostalgia-go Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:56 pm

I just rediscovered the awesomeness and would love to see it come back.
    ultraace1022
    ultraace1022
    Common

Chaotic Username : strategizer
    Chaotic Coins : 19

Post by ultraace1022 Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:15 pm

When I get older, I believe I'm going to try and bring it back. I know how crazy it sounds, but I can at least try, can't I?
    Michaelnono
    Michaelnono
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : Michaelnono
    Chaotic Coins : 13

Post by Michaelnono Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:47 pm

I wonder how much the rights to Chaotic are actually worth anymore.
    ultraace1022
    ultraace1022
    Common

Post by ultraace1022 Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:27 am

Where would one even obtain the rights to Chaotic? TC digital games went under, so where are they?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:51 am

4kids was the other main owner during its hayday mostly they owned the show while tcdigtial was more on the game side. they are also bankrupt a few years ago so who knows you'd probably be best off hiring a lawyer or something if you're seriously interested. if your just want the basics copyright search says 4kids and tcdigital do have the copyrights and they are still live for what that's worth. which isn't too much since copyrights don't expire naturally for sometimes decades, it mostly just means no ones else has used them after tcdigital and 4kids which is a fairly obvious. which is something we already know. You could go to the US copyright website for more information and there might somewhere to call too? Idk.
    ultraace1022
    ultraace1022
    Common

Post by ultraace1022 Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:35 am

I am definitely seriously interested. I think that fire and stone could've been the set to save chaotic, given all the new stuff that wouldve come out.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
    Chaotic Coins : 92

Will Chaotic Ever Come Back? - Page 2 Empty nothing happened

Post by Mattwo Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:17 am

Marrillian wrote:Not sure who holds rights at this point. Technically it may be 4Licensing Corporation. Their website still lists chaotic under properties.

I wouldn't still be concerned about 4Licensing Corporation since they've filed for bankruptcy: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160922006380/en/4Licensing-Corporation-Files-Chapter-11-Bankruptcy

4Licensing, a publicly traded company, last submitted a filing to the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission on March 21, 2016. 4Licensing noted then that it was being operated by a lone individual from an Oklahoma-based investment management firm that owns 33 percent of the company. All of 4Licensing’s other board members and employees had resigned and the company has “substantial unpaid liabilities.”
    https://ravegrl.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/4licensing-corporation-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-protection/

Lets see how/if they try to come back once again... its non-existent at this point.

I wonder if they will accept a proposal to purchase the rights to chaotic.
    Haha make chaotic public domain ;P

Nothing happened: http://www.4licensingcorp.com/
    Kakashie101
    Kakashie101
    Common

Chaotic Username : Copy Ninja
    Chaotic Coins : 46

Will Chaotic Ever Come Back? - Page 2 Empty How is this site still alive LOL

Post by Kakashie101 Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Really thought everyone would be gone by now lol
    LeGladiateur
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Chaotic Username : LeGladiateur
    Chaotic Coins : 137

Post by LeGladiateur Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:56 pm

nope Wink
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Actually contrary to what you believe, there are more players than the last time you visited. Check out the discord chat
    crazyRage
    crazyRage
    Common

Chaotic Username : crazyRage
    Chaotic Coins : 10

Post by crazyRage Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:25 pm

It makes me pretty happy visiting this every once in a while

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am