Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Can I use the Flavor Text of a Chaotic Card in an essay or published work.

TianneTheMuge
    TianneTheMuge
    Common

Chaotic Username : Tianne
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Can I use the Flavor Text of a Chaotic Card in an essay or published work.  Empty Can I use the Flavor Text of a Chaotic Card in an essay or published work.

Post by TianneTheMuge Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Howdy everyone,
    I am working on a thesis paper and throughout the paper I have a recurring theme about love and loss when it comes to friendship. (The Paper is for psychology.) I wanted to use this quote from the Minion's Freesong Mugic Card from ToT: "If we fail to rescue our friends soon, we wil never turn back the tide." - Maxxor.
    Am I allowed to do this? The copywright on the card says (C) 2008 4kids and Chaotic USA and (C) Home Focus
    What does this mean. I really think that it suits my paper but the paper is a published work. Would I be breaking copywright law?

As a bonus: What is your favorite flavor text from a chaotic card.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Can I use the Flavor Text of a Chaotic Card in an essay or published work.  Empty Re: Can I use the Flavor Text of a Chaotic Card in an essay or published work.

Post by Chiodosin1 Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:55 pm

your fine, quotations almost never violate copyright especially if you cite the source. most books are copyrighted and you don't think twice about quoting them. I would cite it as -Minion Freesong, 4kids and Chaotic USA 2008       but I'm not sure

this video might help also you can use the wonderful internet to learn more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_9O8J9skL0

I'm partial to cyrenox cause I like cool sounding rhymes
    "born in darkness, raised in gloom, wielder of sorrow, bringer of doom"
    Hilgodestroyer
    Hilgodestroyer
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Hilgoboy
    Chaotic Coins : 99

Can I use the Flavor Text of a Chaotic Card in an essay or published work.  Empty Re: Can I use the Flavor Text of a Chaotic Card in an essay or published work.

Post by Hilgodestroyer Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:09 am

This is a long time late. But I wouldn't worry about using quotes from the cards, I mean even the pictures wouldn't be to big of a deal. Probably would still cite pictures though. I doubt anyone would sue or you'd get in trouble by whom ever the essay or paper is for, on the account of using quotes from a card game that has been inactive for ...a long long time.
    Ashbringer367
    Ashbringer367
    Common

Chaotic Username : Ashbringer36
    Chaotic Coins : 39

Post by Ashbringer367 Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:19 am

The cards can't be any different then books and similar work, just follow rules of quotations in an essay that you would with a book quote or something similar.

As a sidenote my favourite quote would probably be either Najarins quote "I know enough about mugic to know I know very little indeed" because it forebodes the true mystery behind the mugic we all use in cards.
    And Takinom "Even if I'm the last free creature in Perim I'll never surrender to the marr'illians" just because.... Well why not? It's a badass quote for a badass moment.
    Killua34341
    Killua34341
    Common

Chaotic Username : Killua34341
    Chaotic Coins : 24

Post by Killua34341 Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:04 pm

They're coming to get you. run.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:42 pm