Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

eh anyone can do it

Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

eh anyone can do it Empty eh anyone can do it

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:51 am

so I've was really hung up on what to do with the generic mugic in the set and I figured since I did the whole subtype thing with the attacks I could throw a little love in with the mugic as well.

there mostly pretty straight forward the muge one stops creatures form "attacking" the muge for a turn if that isn't clear other than that I'll skip the descriptions, see you at the bottom.
    art by Mike Bonell
    eh anyone can do it Climatic_notes_by_chiodosin1-dai9g67

art by Steve Truett
    eh anyone can do it Combat_cressendo_by_chiodosin1-dai9giy

art by Serg Kolmogorov
    eh anyone can do it Recon_scherzo_by_chiodosin1-dai9ggp

art by Chaosfissure
    eh anyone can do it Virtuoso_by_chiodosin1-dai9gev

welcome to the bottom of the post quick few words before I go. mugics all done now but we still need 3 tribes worth of creatures and all the battlegear so I've got my work cut out for me. I'm still working as quick as my mind can on these so hopefully expect more soon? we'll see if my brain co-operates. as always any questions/comments about these cards or the set as a whole is very appreciated, have a swell day.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

eh anyone can do it Empty Re: eh anyone can do it

Post by King A-Game Darini Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:54 am

really cool stuff. Nice to see the Class category getting more love besides "Mandiblor" and the few. For the Rarity these seem at the perfect power level while still being pretty useful. Bumping Recon up by 5 or 10 possibly even 15 would really sell it though. Right now it's in the same boat as The queens gate and scouts strike (should of been a 1 cost) where they're okay but I don't think it's worth the Mugic slot. Even if surprise is nice. The rest are really good
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:11 am

Virtuoso is a really cool concept. These are the types of cards I love seeing as commons. Simple, specific, and effective (but not overpowered).

I think that recon is good where its at. The important part is granting surprise (something few outside of Mipedians have) and the Strike 5, is a bonus that makes it viable. By increasing it, it will get pushed from a tech choice (yeah it works sometimes) to something like, "oh let's build a deck around this card. Scouts front row bb!"
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:35 pm

Surprise while nice doesn't usually warrant a Mugic slot. That sounds fine. Scouts front row (realistically) makes sense. A five or ten boost would really boost scouts just enough to make them useful enough to warrant the slot.

Make a lot of sense to give scouts invis. If you plan on making more I think Tactician's should get one. although the number of users is kinda low. The only card that helps them is Agroar. Maybe something that swaps Target Tactician and opposing creature. Might be a little to strong because you could just swap with Illexia or their one defender and be good but I think the way it's worded makes it fine.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:54 pm

I gotta side with marrillian on this one surpise can be actually more useful than you give it credit for since unfortunately the system makes it difficult for a defending player to get the first attack in many locations (shame) it can be useful to switch things around so to speak unless your running a deck that already has all creautres with surpise or something odds are you'll find a place to use it, and I don't need to tell you that being one attack ahead can certainly make up for a lack of damage on the first one. I'm gonna keep it right where it is. (its also not invisibility by design its just strike and surpise, only mipedian related stuff can give invisibility.)

if by "tacticians" you mean strategists I decided to focus on the unvisersal subtypes rather than tribe specific strategist, or stalkers or commander ect. are just more spesific groups within tribes while the 4 subtypes I've been using break those tribal lines and therefore a "warrior" deck isn't just a deck of 1 tribe by default (though it COULD be). I could certainly see a set focusing on a few of the tribe spesific ones but not here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:25 am