Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Wow, it sure has been a while

Teck
    Teck
    newb

Chaotic Username : Teck
    Chaotic Coins : 3

Wow, it sure has been a while Empty Wow, it sure has been a while

Post by Teck Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:51 am

Hello everyone, the name's Teck.

I recently started showing my younger brothers, ages 7 and 10, some of the shows I watched when I was growing up going on KidsWB, Cartoon Network, Fox Kids, etc. While going through lists of old shows on wiki pages I found Chaotic and nostalgia kicked in.

Around the time the game and show were out I was already in high school (I turn 25 this year) and still loved the watching Saturday morning cartoons and playing trading card games. I remember being hyped and taking part in the 4Kids promotion leading up to the game release to get the promo cards you could only get from the scan quests. Overall, I probably spent somewhere around $300 on cards the first year it was out. I eventually found myself spending my time and money on other things so I only occasionally played online with what cards I already had. As for the show, I watched most of it with a gap or two in between before it ended and really enjoyed it. I have now started watching the show again with my brothers and they love it as much as I did when I first watched it.

Earlier this night I was curious as to what exactly happened to the show and game. A quick google search for 'Chaotic tcg+reddit' surprised me with somewhat recent posts in Chaotic's own sub where I found posts talking about this site. Got here, registered, and started poking around. I couldn't remember my username on the Chaotic site when I registered here but while poking I found the archived forums and remembered a mod had pinned a post I made with trading post suggestions and that's how I found my old Chaotic username, Teckster, while reminiscing on old times and browsing the net for Chaotic related things these past 5-ish hours. It is now a quarter to 7am as I type this sentence and I could use some sleep.

Anyway, I might wake up later with no memory of what sleep deprived me did this night so if I'm not back to post for a while you now know why. Hehe
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Wow, it sure has been a while Empty Re: Wow, it sure has been a while

Post by King A-Game Darini Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:37 pm

This is happening a lot actually lol welcome back. Yeah the site went under do a lawsuit. It froze production,show got cancelled and then basically poof no more chaotic. If you still wanna play the game or if your brothers do. Tradecardsonline.com has a chaotic section to battle on with other players
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi there Tek! I'm glad you found us. It's always neat seeing how word about this forum has spread and people can find us other players.

Since you managed to find the chaotic archives while poking around here, I'm curious as to how navigable you've found the forum to be. Since you spent a good amount of time as a new comer, can I ask if you were able to find out information pertaining to the game/forum easily? Were stickies/announcements in subforums well placed?

I'm always trying to make sure things are kept remotely updated/maintained and making the forum easily accessible for new members is a huge goal.
    Teck
    Teck
    newb

Chaotic Username : Teck
    Chaotic Coins : 3

Post by Teck Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:24 am

King A-Game Darini wrote:This is happening a lot actually lol welcome back. Yeah the site went under do a lawsuit. It froze production,show got cancelled and then basically poof no more chaotic. If you still wanna play the game or if your brothers do. Tradecardsonline.com has a chaotic section to battle on with other players

I'll have to take a look soon. For now I'm just enjoying the show with my brothers when we all have time to watch an episode or two. I'm looking through my closet for my old cards to give them some to play with right now.

Marrillian wrote:Hi there Tek! I'm glad you found us. It's always neat seeing how word about this forum has spread and people can find us other players.

Since you managed to find the chaotic archives while poking around here, I'm curious as to how navigable you've found the forum to be. Since you spent a good amount of time as a new comer, can I ask if you were able to find out information pertaining to the game/forum easily? Were stickies/announcements in subforums well placed?

I'm always trying to make sure things are kept remotely updated/maintained and making the forum easily accessible for new members is a huge goal.

Everything seems pretty well organized in my opinion. There are enough subforums that I was able to navigate the forums easily enough to either look for information I was looking for or find other information pertaining to the subject for that subforum. I actually found the archives while looking at a post made by 'Chaotic|Blargers' out of curiosity to know if that was the same Chaotic|Blargers from the Chaotic site.
    chaorcrew
    chaorcrew
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : chaorcrew
    Chaotic Coins : 54

Post by chaorcrew Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Welcome
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Oh yes it is the OG Blargers. Haha now I remember making his signature link to the original forum posts (on waybackmachine). Thanks for your feedback!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:58 pm