Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Strain of Ash and Mipedian Balladeers' Flute

Slim25
    Slim25
    Common

Chaotic Username : Major Slim
    Chaotic Coins : 28

Strain of Ash and Mipedian Balladeers' Flute Empty Strain of Ash and Mipedian Balladeers' Flute

Post by Slim25 Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:46 pm

Strain of Ash reads, "Sacrifice a Battlegear equipped to an unengaged UnderWorld Creature you control. If you do, destroy target Battlegear."

Mipedian Balladeers' Flute reads, "Sacrifice Mipedian Balladeers' Flute: Equipped Creature gains a Mugic counter. Your opponent may put a Mugic counter on a Creature of their choice."

If I use Strain of Ash and target this battlegear as my sacrifice, will I be able to still obtain the mugic (allowing the sacrifice to have two effects) or will my Mipedian Balladeers' Flute be rendered useless.

I figured this wouldn't work on something like a Mugician's Lyre (face-down so effect isn't able to be triggered) but a Mipedian Balladeers' Flute is face up and they do both say "sacrifice" (not "destroy," for instance).

I hope this is clear. TLDR: Can both cards work simultaneously?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Strain of Ash and Mipedian Balladeers' Flute Empty Re: Strain of Ash and Mipedian Balladeers' Flute

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:52 pm

You cannot sacrifice the same for multiple effects. So no, if you sacrifice Flute in response to Ash, Ash's effect fizzles, it doesn't destroy anything and you lose it, but you're Creature gets a counter.
    Slim25
    Slim25
    Common

Chaotic Username : Major Slim
    Chaotic Coins : 28

Strain of Ash and Mipedian Balladeers' Flute Empty Re: Strain of Ash and Mipedian Balladeers' Flute

Post by Slim25 Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Ok that makes sense

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 am